NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @TrishasTime Yes, packing fairies must be similar to cleaning fairies and I'm sure the cleaning fairies will visit after we move out. ;) I think bento box minus the rice and all mixed up in a bowl would be like a poke bowl. It's actually a Hawaiian food trend. Here is more information: https://people.com/food/poke-bowl-food-trend-recipe/ I hope the doctor goes well.

Hi all. So the packing fairies visited yesterday and packed up some of the apartment. We also took my BIL and SIL's possessions back to them (we were storing some of their belongings in our garage) and ran stuff to the Goodwill. Also took the dog for a long walk with DH. It was a productive day overall.

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - Glad the fairies came :)

Take care everyone

Trish
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Made it home from Mexico late sat night. Still exhausted but back at work today.
    Need to find a Way to incorporate exercise into my day. Always feel exhausted when working and little
    Motivation.

Karen in BC
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld That poke bowl looks interesting. Yes the special fairies......I like it when they come and clean here. I'll be using them when I help pack up my dd's apt.

@trishastime dd is an assistant surgeon not a dr. Just wanted to clarify. She gets to do surgery which is what she wanted when she started this journey. I still can't imagine her doing that. I guess her skills at cross-stitch when she was 12 are now coming in handy. ;) She's way over on the east coast so we have to fly. But then my limit is about 6-8 hrs driving and then I'd be flying anywhere anyway. I hate riding in a car. I'd like magic fairy dust to just get me places instantaneously. If so, I'd come to Australia and see you.

@prisoner2food So how was Mexico. I see you survived it. Yeah, I'll be working on consistent exercise too. That's the hardest for me.

So I'm leaving tomorrow and will be sporadic on my check ins. I'll get in here when I can. I need to set up my routine. I'm taking some tubing for strength training and plan on doing some walking and Leslie Sansone videos while I'm gone. My daughter has a scale so I'll see what hers says and use that as a guide while I'm there to help me maintain. I know I've gained this week. Plus I went out with friends and ended up having a pizza like thing. Forgot all about my 30 day weigh in. So that will be a little more. So I'm going to have to be extra good while I'm gone so I can finish the end of the year where I want to be.
  • trooworld
    @TrishasTime me too! ;) Have a great day.

@theslightedgeforever lol...I hope they bring backup for your job. They were kind of slow and lazy when they were working on my apartment. My DH goes last night, "Yeah, there is a lot to be packed yet." I said, "Yeah, I'm not freaking out for nothing, am I???" I hope you have a good trip. Do your best.

Hello all. Doing the best I can to eat OP here. Yesterday there was a birthday celebration at work and I caved in and ate some stuff. Not much off plan, but some. I did eat OP for lunch and dinner. Condo is scheduled to close on Friday still. It's reaaaaaaaaal!

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    I'm here all. Kind of having a down week. Ended up ordering Chinese takeout on the weekend, really over cals for this week now.

We have poke bowls here, it's like sushi in a bowl. They look delicious but I've never tried one.

Onwards and upwards. Going to try a run today but I expect it to be painful bc I haven't been exercising much. So it may end up being a walk lol.
  • TrishasTime
    GM everyone

@theslightedgeforever - Go and enjoy :) I can not imagine your daughter will have much time off when she starts her new job. Try to stick to your plan and pop in here when you can

@trooworld - Whoaa...that is only 2 days away that rolled around way too fast - Good luck - hope everything goes well. Need to see a picture of you and DH standing on your first new home

@its_cleo - sorry you are having a down week, hope it gets better for you

@prisoner2food - Sent you a PM

Going to find out the results of my scans today. Take care everyone

Trish
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo Sorry you are having a down week. Anything, in particular, causing it? Poke bowls are delicious! I hope your run isn't painful.

@TrishasTime I know, right? It seems like just yesterday I was saying we were going to look!!! I'll try to get DH to pose for a picture but he's camera shy!!! ;) I hope your scans come out good.

Hi all. I feel like I am in limbo here waiting for other people with the condo. Waiting to sign documents. Waiting to send money. Waiting waiting waiting. I did make an appointment with a locksmith to change the locks and with the internet company. I ate OP last night but had a piece of cake at work. :/ I'm doing the best I can, but succumbing to stress eating here and there.

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    Good morning everyone

@trooworld - tomorrow is the Day - woohoo!!!! Remember you have until the end of your lease to do everything. I have never thought of a locksmith - what a great idea. Although we have since changed lock types (like 5 years after moving in). We now have keyless entry (you put a code in)

@its_cleo - Glad you are feeling better

Results came back from the doctor and again I repeat the word HOPE - Hold On Pain Ends. My broken ankle seems to be in place from the xrays, but the technician noted the soft tissues swelling back to the report to the doctor, so I am on anti-inflammatories again for 10 days

Take care

Trish
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 I'm glad your back is better. Good luck at Zumba!

@TrishasTime Yes, today is the day! We go to sign the papers at 8:00 a.m.! Oh, a keyless entry is a good idea. Yeah, we thought we'd better change the locks so no previous tenants creep back in and steal our stuff lol. Sorry about the soft tissue swelling, but hopefully in 10 days, you'll be right as rain?

@its_cleo Hello, I hope you are well and not slipping into darkness.

@cbabie Are you still off sugar? I hope so.

Hi all! The stress is so close to being over. I just have to hang on a little longer. We sign at 8:00 a.m. and then we get the keys tomorrow afternoon! :) My sister-in-law has a handyman that she and my mother-in-law uses that we can call for our repairs, so we need to get in contact with him about that. Hopefully, it won't be too much. I ate OP yesterday except I ate a chocolate chip cookie at work. :/

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited May 2019
    I've arrived and got a chance to check in. I did my Day 30 weigh in and gained 1.3 lbs from day 20. But since I started this 100 days, I've only gained 0.5 overall. So it's like I'm in maintenance mode already anyway. Now to just keep it here. I'm going to use my dd's scales while I'm here to keep it in check. She's looking for her cord. (rolls my eyes). I'm like what kind of a scale has a cord. Evidently a new technological one. Give me old school. Get on, gasp, go. lol or Get on, cheer, go I brought my tubes to do strength training and I can always do Leslie Sansone. Find a good walking place here too.

@trooworld Seems like you are staying OP for the most part. That's good. The stress will be over soon and then you can enjoy the condo. Although unpacking will be in your future too. Bring the fairies to the new location.

@its_cleo Funny how I never noticed poke bowls before but now seem to notice them. I just don't think I'll try one. Walk or run, it's good to move your body. That's what I'm trying to tell myself. I'm trying to keep somewhat of a routine while I'm not at home.

@trishastime What did the dr say about your scans? oh, I just read the new post. So that's a good thing right? So they figure out why the tissue is swelling? Hope they didn't leave any surgical tools or other stuff inside. I saw that once on a TV show. :) I told my dd that she had better check all of her stuff before closing up a patient. That's interesting on the keyless entry. I don't know if I would want one more code I'm supposed to remember. lol

@gemwolf110 That's good you are starting to feel a bit better with your back. Slow and steady.

Since I'm on a hiatus from my 100 day challenge, I'm reading and journaling from a book called Emotional Eating Workbook. I'll do that until I get back home. I'm trying to keep up a routine of sorts so I can keep my habits. The big habit I need to solidify is the exercise.

16946213.png
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hi all, I'm ok, just the food choices this week have been terrible and I just feel like I let myself down this week in a number of ways. I'm just in a bad mood. Anyway I am trying to turn a corner with it.

I did try a poke bowl yesterday, I didn;t like it but it may have been the place I went.

@theslightedgeforever that's good you're pretty much in maintenance mode. Walking is great and now the weather is a little better it's nice to do outside if you can. But I also love Leslie Sansone. Never heard of a scale with a cord.

@trooworld congratulations! I can't believe how fast the time flies. I think you're doing great with your eating considering the stress.

@TrishasTime hope the swelling goes down. Glad your ankle is in place. What a long road to recovery!

Weather is nice here. I did stairs 100x5 and hill x4 this morning. That takes about an hour. It helped my grumpy mood lol. Tonight I go to the gym with my trainer, arm day.

Weigh in day is Sunday, I figure I gained weight after this week. Ah well.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all!
    It's been a week. Today is my DGS 18th birthday..but I wont' be having any cake. Still so sugar. I was on my way to a meeting on the freeway on Tuesday and blew a tire...more like it shreded....I stopped to look and it was on the rim...ugh..never changed a tire before.. called my DH, I have roadside..took them 1/2 hour to get to me another 1/2 hour to change..guy was a jerk...he knew it all, here you stand here...it's safer, could you be in a more dangerous place? I wanted to say...yes, I just tried to make sure it was the most dangerous place to have a blow out and land...UGH...my DH was very specific about how he wanted the lug bolts, ect...the guy said I didn't know what I was talking about...I so wanted to slap him...oh well 2 hours later I was home hot and sweaty...missed my meeting...wanted to just take a shower...and rest.

@trooworld So doing the happy dance about now I am thinking!!! Congrats on your new home.

@gemwolf110 so glad you are doing better.

@theslightedgeforever I can see your DD eye roll...so tell me what kind of scale does have a cord...

@TrishasTime uhm...keyless entry..I think I might like that..I hate all the keys I have to carry around. I hope your Dr visit goes well and you get off the meds and heal quickly.

@its_cleo Walking is good!!

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Good morning everyone

@cbabie - What a stressful situation, and you did not eat any sugar!!! it seems that it is indeed becoming an ingrained habit with you - well done.

@theslightedgeforever _ great to hear from you. Cord??? is this the one that the displays that sits on the counter, or it super special and uses blooth tooth to send a data to an application. Too many things to go wrong I think

@trooworld - Happy Key day!!!!!!! Pictures please

@its_cleo - Glad you are back to exercising, they say that exercising is the best mood control ever.

The anti-inflammatory tablets are working and I am starting to feel I can walk a bit without a limp. I will review in 10days. Today I am off to a morning conference that is going to supply breakfast and lunch.

Tomorrow is election day where we get to vote for our Prime minister (President in USA) - the dude that runs the country. Voting is compulsory here. Vote or be fined. It is funny that we have not really seen much of anyone's' policies, it has been more about embarrassing each other with stupid photos and captions

Take care

Trish
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever That's good you are kind of in maintenance. That's weird that a scale has a cord! I have a fancy dancy scale but even that one doesn't have a cord. That must be some scale! lol I am staying OP for the most part. I've invited the packing fairies to the new location, we'll see if they show up for the unpacking. ;)

@its_cleo I'm sorry you are having a bad week and on top of that, you didn't like the poke bowl! :( Thanks re: doing the best I can. Yes, time does fly! Two weeks ago, the process had barely started and here I am now about to pick up the keys!

@cbabie Happy birthday to your DGS, 18 is a big day! I'm so sorry you had a blow out and then had to deal with a know-it-all jerk on top of that. What an ordeal! Not what you needed at that stressful time. I'm glad you weren't in an accident from the tire blowout though. Thanks so much, I'm very excited!

@TrishasTime Thank you! Will try to take some pics today. I wish I had time to stop to buy a bottle of champagne but I don't. :( I'm glad the anti-inflammatories are working! I hope who you vote for gets elected.

Hi all! I could barely sleep last night, I was so excited. And here we are, the day has come, I am about to be a homeowner! :D I never thought this day would come. I've been through so much that I cannot even begin to tell you about. So many hurdles and things in the path of my life...things that made me want to give up. I never thought I would live to be 30, let alone live to own my own property. This is a super big deal for me. My husband and I will most likely go out for dinner somewhere tonight to celebrate.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning! I’m back!! B)

@trooworld, Congratulations on your new home!! I am so excited and happy for you. I understand that feeling of never thinking you could have such a dream but you did get the dream! Yes, to going out and celebrating!! How’s that packing going? <3

@TrishasTime, glad that the anti-inflammatory is working! Wow, vote or be fined. Not sure how I feel about that but it certainly is an interesting idea. At least when people complain they can say that they actually voted. That doesn’t always happen here. :)

@cbabie, yikes glad that the blow out didn’t end up badly. Other than having to put up with a jerk. Why do people have to be like that? :/

@theslightedgeforever, when do you start back on your 100-day challenge? I’m not sure what I want to do but I like challenges so I will definitely start back up soon. I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation! :)

Sorry, I didn’t go back and read every post so please forgive me if I missed something. I got back home on Wednesday and have been super busy catching up on some much-needed sleep and getting things done at work. My trip was good. My hotel room was noisy and I never sleep well in a strange bed so that was a bummer. My mom fed me way too much food and none of it was healthy! But that is OK, I’m back to my fasting and this morning hubby said that the puffiness was out of my face. :D

• TrishasTime
    Good morning everyone

@TeresaW2010 - But..... did you have a fabulous time with your family? I am glad the puffiness has gone away

@trooworld - You did not think you would get to see 30? How sad. I am so glad that things have gone your way and you have finally reached one of your dreams :)

@theslightedgeforever, @cbabie, @prisoner2food, @its_cleo, @gemwolf110 _ hello to all of you - hope everything is going the way you hoped

I am going to walk to vote today - it is about 1km (062 miles) each way . Taking my walking cane - just in case

Take care everyone

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    @its_cleo So the past is over and what did you learn about why you made the choices you did? Poor planning? Environment? Tracking? Good news is that you can start fresh this week? It's just an experiment finding out what works for you.

@cbabie Happy Bday to your grandson. The good thing is that you didn't have an accident when you blew a tire. Just alot of frustration.

@trishastime Good for you for voting. I'm all for the compulsory part. Although they are making it harder to vote here I think. Also glad the anti-inflammatorys are starting to work.

@trooworld Congrats on being a new homeowner. In my journal tonight the task was What dreams have you put on hold? What has this cost you emotionally, physically, and spiritually? You have now completed this one dream for yourself.

@TeresaW1020 I restart the challenge on June 27. That's good that you jumped back on to your program immediately. Glad you enjoyed your family.

@gemwolf110 What good choices did you make today?

I did good tonight at the restaurant. I ate some tomato basil soup and then ordered the lowest calorie item which was chicken breast with a side of arugula and angel hair pasta with some diced tomatoes on top. I only ate half my chicken breast and about a 1/4 of the pasta. But I had 2 pieces of the bread they served with some butter and one mozzarella stick.

So for all who asked about the cord to the scale. Since she has no idea where the cord was she said try your kindle cord, I think that would work. Yes it did. It charged up the scale. Battery was low. So I have my starting weight and will keep weighing in daily around the same time to make sure I'm not gaining alot like I did last year on vacation. 10 lbs I think. I've allowed myself 3.5 I'd love it to be about 1-1 1/2. But I'm trying to be realistic at the same time.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all! I feel bloated and icky today. Probably because I ate garlic bread with just spaghetti meat sauce for dinner...LOL Now when I drive, I seem to be more conscientious of my car...I still drive fast...LOL Still no sweets..I really want a piece of the birthday cake in my fridge staring at me EVERY time i open the door...I hope someone eats all of it soon.

@trooworld I forgot when you get the keys, I thought it was this weekend, not Monday. So I hope you are getting those moving fairies to work fast. LOL

@theslightedgeforever so a rechargeable scale...uhm interesting..I guess she doesn't use it. LOL Enjoy maintaining and great job on the meal.

@TrishasTime Wow what a concept for voting..wonder if we will ever do that here.

@TeresaW1020 So glad you're back. I am sorry you didn't sleep much..that also messes with our bodies. But you are back home with DH and your nice comfy bed. It makes us appreciate what we have. LOL

okay gals I have lots to do, I still work for the church, but now I seem to work more weekends than during the week.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you so much! Girl, we haven't packed anything else. I guess we are just going to grab handfuls of things and move it that way lol. My husband has a "plan". We'll see... :/ I'm glad you had a good time in Florida!

@gemwolf110 thank you!!!

@TrishasTime No, I suffer from depression and anxiety and had a rough time in my early 20s and honestly never pictured myself in my 30s nor having a family of my own, let alone a home of my own! I'm glad, too! :D Best of luck voting, I hope you don't run into any pain.

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! Yes, now I have to focus on other dreams. I've got plenty of them. ;) It sounds like you made a good choice at the restaurant, the best you could. Interesting scale.

@cbabie That's my ideal dinner! lol But I feel bloated when I eat that, too. We got the keys at 4:45 p.m. yesterday! It was amazing, our realtor pulled in the parking lot, got the call that it was okay to give us the keys at that moment! Packing fairies better show up soon lol.

Hi all! So we got the keys at 4:45 p.m. yesterday and our realtor was very sweet, she gave us a bottle of wine and a chalkboard/message board in the shape of California. We then went and celebrated at a BBQ restaurant. We have to try to take my dog to the vet today, he's been drinking a lot of water lately, and I'm really worried about him. So, I'll call the vet when they open at 8. He's always got something going on with him. :(

EMPOWERED.