Not meeting my daily calorie intake

Options
Hello there, my names is Jenny. I recently started my training and my meal plan. I’m having a hard time meeting my daily calorie intake. I’m suppose to have 1600 calories in a day but so far I’m left with about 650+ caloires left over. This means I’m not eating enough and I’m not sure how to consume those extra hundred calories. Everything i eat through out my day is healthy but I’m short meeting my goal. Does anyone know how i Can increase those last couple of calories in a healthy way. I get full really fast and can’t eat too much otherwise i feel sick. Thank you !

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your food intake?
    I am asking because many that struggle to eat their allotted calories are actually eating more than they think they are as they get accustomed to accurate logging.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods: avocado, full fat milk, cheese and yoghurts, nuts, oil salad dressig, if eating diet products switch back to standard.

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods: avocado, full fat milk, cheese and yoghurts, nuts, oil salad dressig, if eating diet products switch back to standard.

I second this. For example, if you're drinking skimmed milk, switch to full fat as suggested by tiptoe.

Also, do double check that you're accounting for everything. I mean things like cooking oils, dressings, sauces, etc), these things can add up pretty quickly.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

I'd first work out whether she is actually meeting her daily calories or not. If her measuring is inaccurate, eating more could result in no weight loss or even weight gain. This is why I'd suggest a few days to work out more accurate logging as a first port of call. Most people had no problems consuming enough calories to gain weight so it would be unlikely that they would have trouble eating at a deficit. When you look at diaries you find that it is very common that those that say they can not eat their allotted calories are actually eating more than they think they are because they are not weighing all their food and/or choosing inaccurate entries.