Workout/Gym/Diet Rant thread

JasJaworska
JasJaworska Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2019 in Motivation and Support
I don't know if there's one that exists, I'll delete if there is one.

I feel like a rant thread is needed, not for negativity but we all need to talk and rant to someone about our lifestyle changes and it's really difficult when some things can't be avoided. Did Patricia steal your machine again and spent the last 30 minutes on her phone just sitting on it?? Did Steve not wipe the elliptical and now his sweat is all covered with it??

This is a safe place to talk about all that ticks you off while trying to accomplish your goals! :wink:

(This is my first thread, if a lot of people don't agree with having it I have no problem deleting it from existence, it's all in fun and support of this community :blush: )

Replies

• JasJaworska
    My rant is that although I've been trying to hit a 400 lb deadlift for over a year, I can't freaking get there. Progress isn't even slow, it's non-existent.

Aww hopefully you find a way to get there sooner, I believe in you! But your figure looks AMAZING, you're definitely an inspiration :smiley:

• JasJaworska
    Yivs_87 wrote: »
    Having to listen to a "lecture" from a colleague during lunch about how I won't lose weight unless I stop drinking Coke Zero. It's Coke Zero. 1 calorie per can. It might not be the healthiest thing out there, but it won't stop me from losing weight and it won't make me gain weight as it has 1 calorie in it. But when I tried to explain that I track my calories, that in the end it's CICO and so far I've done well (about 10 pounds over the past 35 days), I was met with an eyeroll...

Haha, I hate it when people try to control what we eat when only we know what works for us. Great job with the weight loss! Truly you're doing awesomely well for yourself :blush:
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Having to listen to a "lecture" from a colleague during lunch about how I won't lose weight unless I stop drinking Coke Zero. It's Coke Zero. 1 calorie per can. It might not be the healthiest thing out there, but it won't stop me from losing weight and it won't make me gain weight as it has 1 calorie in it. But when I tried to explain that I track my calories, that in the end it's CICO and so far I've done well (about 10 pounds over the past 35 days), I was met with an eyeroll...

Haha, I hate it when people try to control what we eat when only we know what works for us. Great job with the weight loss! Truly you're doing awesomely well for yourself :blush:

Thanks! ^__^

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member

Heck, I was a 2-3 can a day person of coke zero or diet coke and I've lost 40. I only stopped because the caffeine was messing with my sleep hygiene, but nobody ever seems to care about the impact of caffeine. They're always going on about the artificial sweeteners.

Actually, you have to "Time it" of when you want to have the caffeine.
    I use caffeine as a hunger suppressant
    I also use it as a pre drink for a work out. For me, I could do more if I had caffeine/coffee 30 min before I worked out.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    My rant is that although I've been trying to hit a 400 lb deadlift for over a year, I can't freaking get there. Progress isn't even slow, it's non-existent.

Do you do rack pulls, half deadlifts? They improved my overall mass lift.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    My top 2 for the gym:
    1. I needed to use a machine, but someone's stuff was there. He was talking to his friend who was using a different machine, so I asked if he was using the machine I needed. He said yes, so I was like ok I'll come back. I used 3 different machines (3 sets of 10 each machine), meanwhile he didn't use the machine I needed once that entire time. On the plus side, I worked in 3 extra machines. :smile:
    2. There's one pull-up/chin-up assist machine at our gym. There's usually always at least one, sometimes 2 people waiting for the machine. People will use the assist bar as a leg press, but not do any pull-ups/chin-ups. It's one thing if it's off hours and no one needs the machine, but when it's peak hours people should use the machines as they're intended - it's preventing people from using the machine who want to use it for it's real purpose.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    My #1 is at my gym's pool. When lap time is scheduled (the schedule is huge and takes up the whole wall at the entrance to the pool lanes and it's in bright colors) and people not lap swimming take up a whole lane for dancing/walking/skipping underwater. Here I am trying to get in some laps sets and they are screaming "don't get my hair wet"........ I'm usually pretty cool about things and love sharing a lane but man this is so annoying :/