Workout/Gym/Diet Rant thread

Replies

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    ...their nutrition and exercise physiology degree from Netflix university...

:D Perfect.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    The trainer at my gym who works with anywhere from 1 to 3 clients at a time (at least when I see her). That part I'm fine with. What gets me is that the trainer will take a bench (or sit at a machine) while her clients work. Then, the client(s) will sit at their machine or another bench in between sets. I understand that some people need to sit between sets - that's fine (and is sometimes me), but the trainer doesn't need to sit the whole time and/or can share a bench (and step away from your machine between sets).

Maybe I'm overreacting because they made me mad early on. And it just always looks like there's more socializing going on than actual working out. I'll never say anything though. I don't want to do anything that might discourage anyone from working out and it's the trainer I'm annoyed with.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I'm loving this thread. My rant this week is the refrigerator at work. It conked out. Friday I lost my entire, carefully calculated lunch (I eat a macro based diet). Had to eat out. I wasn't happy.

The fridge didn't get fixed until today, which meant I had to pack unrefrigerated lunches. I try to eat pretty clean, which means everything needs to be refrigerated. I was at a loss, and ticked.

But I managed and tomorrow I will be back to my typical shredded chicken ;)
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    My biggest rant has to do with dogs.

I'm so tired of dogs being off leash on the trails (leashes are required). I've been jumped on, growled at, even nipped at.

Also those dog bags are meant to be packed out. Stop leaving them on trails. Unless of course you let your dog *kitten* on the trail and you don't clean it up at all. Then you just completely suck as a human.

Rant over!

This, and during trail races. I ran a 15k last fall--it had rained two days straight before the race. Me and everyone else are sliding all over the place in the mud on these narrow trails, and a woman had *two* large dogs and was trying to maneuver around and pass runners. I managed not to kick the dogs (thank the gods), but there was a few close calls. Racers got enough problems staying upright in those conditions without shin-level creatures right next to them.

Love and Kisses,

The owner of a Am Staff who only runs on dry trails, leashed. :)
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    I'm fairly relaxed at the gym, manage to ignore most things and crack on with my own stuff.

Get proper pool rage though. People need to go at their own pace, that's fine, I will be patient and considerate and wait until we get to the end of the lane. But get out of my flipping way!
    Do not have a chat and wait until I get there before going directly in front of me, do not keep plodding on when I'm at your heels.
    And don't tut at me when my patience wears out and I squeeze past.

Drives me bananas....
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    I'm fairly relaxed at the gym, manage to ignore most things and crack on with my own stuff.

Get proper pool rage though. People need to go at their own pace, that's fine, I will be patient and considerate and wait until we get to the end of the lane. But get out of my flipping way!
    Do not have a chat and wait until I get there before going directly in front of me, do not keep plodding on when I'm at your heels.
    And don't tut at me when my patience wears out and I squeeze past.

Drives me bananas....

Speaking of pool rage...

I'm taking swim classes and it took me a good month to finally be comfortable in water, so now I don't need the kick board all the time and I'm learning the freestyle stroke. My friend who is still fearful is there too, but refuses to come off the wall and is always wanting to talk about how I made progress... while I'm in mid swim. She literally yells out how did I do that and expects me to stop and answer. I told her we can talk after class, but she won't wait for that. Her teenage son is also in the class and has a habit of getting in people's path. Last week he kicked someone in the face.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I had finished all of my other sets and wad waiting (somewhat impatiently) for the squat rack while a guy in his 40s showed 2 teenage boys how to do curls there, with VERY long pauses between each set. I just sat on a bench and stared holes through them. When they were done, the guy had the nerve to make a grand ushering motion at me towards the rack as thoUGH I WERE THE ONE BEING RUDE.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited May 2019
    I was running on a 3-lane track with a dedicated runners lane. In front of me were 4 senior citizens walking abreast. I attempted to weave through them when one of the ladies decided to dart off the track, right in front of me. I grabbed her by the shoulders to stop myself from accidebrally plowing right over her, but it a very close thing.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Perfect thread--this morning at the gym an older guy came in, climbed on the treadmill near me, and proceeded to talk business on his cell phone (loudly) for 20 mins. Another guy that really bugs me puts a mat down in front of the mirror and proceeds to do 2 mins mat exercises, 5 min on a machine, 2 min mat exercises, 5 min on a machine,.... for half an hour. When I see him coming I have to run to get my hand weights and start my workout or there's no room (He takes up all the space with his equipment).