Did you swim today?

Replies

• kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    The purge valve in my Finis snorkel finally began to leak. I replaced the valve with a quarter and it worked. A second quarter fit and I left it in for good measure.
  • kayak4water
    Forget the quarters. Amazon sells the Purge valve. Good to go!

I swam. Full stroke and drills: Catch up, finger drag, zipper. Felt good!
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    1800 Free

250 Back
    200 Back pull
    200 Kick

200 IM fast (2:57, and I know that's slow compared to how fast I used to swim it, but 20 years later...)

250 Breaststroke
    200 Br pull
    200 Br kick tombstone drill

200 IM fast (2:57)

200 Kick
    200 Pull
    200 Free
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Today; 1.5 miles @ 77 minutes
  • kayak4water
    April 30 swim:
    Ah! I'm totally winded after each 25 of fly or 50 of back. Maybe I'll work on sucking in and blowing out air more effectively. I hope I'm not rushing my fly strokes.
    Maybe do some slow fly tomorrow.

🦋🦋🤸🤸
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    2500y, not sure how long it took. I was swimming before the water cardio class and the instructor was late, so I just kept swimming. Tired legs though.
  • kayak4water
    Yep..
    50 minutes. Closed fist freestyle drills, with and without snorkel. Forgot to bring my imitation GoPro to help me see how sloppy I look. :smile:

Some slow fly to help with timing tuneup & breathing.
  • Bruceapple
    Today; 1.5 miles @ 74 minutes
  • kayak4water
    All the county pools are closed this weekend. Rode my bike an hour.

We ate dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. Not huge amounts of food, just tastefully prepared dishes, cauliflower crusted pies.
  • kayak4water
    School's out! The pool's open!
    Cleaning up my freestyle hand entry. I need help with everything, though my backstroke clearly begs it. I have a terribly ineffective flutter kick. I like to look forward too early when flying--it slows me down. I want a better flip turn. All that is why I keep on keeping on.
    :<)
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    1km!
    back in the pool after 2 weeks (had hair coloured and didn't want to leak dye into the pool)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    4 miles today and yesterday.
    Had 3 days away from swimming before yesterday so I pushed hard.
    Had a personal best sustained pace of 1:47/100yrd and best Mile time of 31:21.

My wife is now up to 2 miles plus her 1 hour deep water aerobics class.
  • girlwithcurls2
    I swam for an hour, then class. It was a pretty good session, considering that what I wanted to do was just go home and have a G&T. I had been sitting most of the day and I was just so tired. I knew I'd feel better if I went, but it's not easy to get going.
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 1/2 mile = 900 Yd @ 25 minutes
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    4 miles this morning.
    My wife did 40 laps before depo water aerobics and another 40 laps after.
    A new record for her. ;)
  • girlwithcurls2
    Slow slog today. I lifted before and knew that I had a challenging deep water class an hour after lifting.
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 1.5 miles @ 70 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    1.5 miles before the deep water class. It was a slow start, but once I got going, it got better. I came home ravenous though...
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    2km
    longest swim in a fair while!

Barely got a length underwater and could only really do 125m at pace before dying. Looking forward to working back up to 'awesome' hehe
  • girlwithcurls2
    Another short slog. I knew that it was going to be a long and active week. And that I'm not up for that. So I drove to the pool in the slow lane to kill a little time... And I got ready slowly. That left me about 30 min to swim before the class. I didn't have any more in me. And I'm lifting today, and I'm already tired. Tomorrow's a rest day.