LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    You poor thing - you're NOT having a good time *sigh* having sick little ones makes getting anything done basically impossible. I hope things gets better darling <3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I sure hope so too.
    Baby boy hasn't thrown up again for about 2hrs now so hopefully that's a good sign.
    And I can kinda sorta get on my PC. The harddrive with all my stuff on it isn't working, but thankfully there is another that we installed windows on that is working. Just have to figure out what is going on with the other one.

And good ole coffee got things moving again after 2 days of nothing lol. Good ole reliable coffee ;)

Still though.. just waiting for something else to go wrong b/c that seems to be the trend right now.

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG hoping things get better for you!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I am hoping things look up for you real soon. It is always darkest before dawn...I see sunshine just around the corner.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Aw, I hope your son feels better soon. Poor little fella and your poor blanket :-( Well done on your clean fast! Enjoy your coffee and pork rinds today!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Oh dear, so sorry to hear that things ain't going right right now <3<3<3 Really hope that you little boy is getting better soon...sending over quick healing vibes! <3 Amazing that you can do a clean fast, kudos to ya, girl :+1:
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall.
    After a nap yesterday he was totally fine and back to his infinite amount of energy self lol. Just a really quick stomach thing that hopefully the other 2 will avoid getting.

Still haven't figured out how to fix my computer though. The hard drive could be messed up which would suck b/c I'd lose everything on it. Mostly concerned about the pictures I'd lose.

But anyway... diet related!

So no OMAD yesterday.
    I had my coffee and half a bag of spicy pork rinds. Spoonful of pimento cheese, then just waited for dinner.
    Dinner was 2 bags of shrimp. Farm raised which sucks, but oh well.. they tasted great. Cooked one in butter and lots of spices. The other bag I first cooked in butter, then added cream cheese, heavy cream, parmesan, and monteray jack cheese and some spices. SO darn cheesy and delicious.
    Not sure how much shrimp it was, but it was a lot lol.
    I then had a small serving of chia seed pudding w/ whipped cream and that was it.
    I didn't track yesterday so no idea on calories.

Weight is still up from mother's day. Expected, but still disappointing too. I know it comes off, but I always hope it will sooner every single time lol.
  • LiLee2018
    Struggling right now! Tired and I just want some coffee.
    I'd eat too but we don't have anything I want lol. Actually no, I could finish off the pimento cheese /nodnod. I think I want to try making my own one day. Seems simple enough and wouldn't have all the extra fillers companies think need to go in every damn thing.
    I'll wait though... SIGH! I'll wait.
    Not clean fasting though b/c caffeine is needed.
    I don't get it. I've actually been sleeping a lot better than usual. Still waking during the night, but getting right back to sleep and in to a good restful deep sleep, but I've been waking up feeling tired lately.
    Well last night I did get woken by the smell of our old dog's crap on the floor... so I guess that could be why I'm tired right now.
    But every other night where nothing has happened... still the same. I think I just need to go to bed at like 9pm for a few nights and see how I feel in the morning. Maybe an extra hour of sleep or just rest in general will be good.

Other than being tired and wanting coffee... I feel ok. Not too bad overall.
    I had to start wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger and it's starting to become too loose for that finger too. :)
    Think I'll go browse around etsy and save some of the ones I like so hubs can surprise me with one for my birthday or Christmas. :smiley:
  • mistymeadows2005
    OH WHAT A FUN NSV :) My ring is really loose too but it's so misshapen by my abuse that it stays on :D

Your food sounds soooooooo good! And YES Pimento is super easy to make, and if you make it at home you can mix it up and customize it all fun like :bigsmile:

• LiLee2018
    misty- Maybe you need to get your hubs to get you a new one too. Casually look at some rings when he's around and when he asks what you're looking at... pounce pounce pounce! rofl

I'm seriously not a huge ring person. I already told DH that I'd be totally fine with a stainless steel ring. I don't want anything expensive.. just something pretty and something that won't turn my finger green lol.

And in not so great news... my other boy has this stomach bug now. My poor babies! Damn stomach bugs. Now just have to hope it works its way through him fast and that my daughter doesn't get it.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Your poor babies (and MAMA!) can't seem to catch a break! Poor things...

Mine isn't a wedding ring LMAO, it's my sweet 16 ring...I wear my engagement ring(s) around my neck because when Ced asked permission from my parents, my Mom gave him HER mom's ring, and he wants to get me one himself eventually (when we actually get around to setting a date to get hitched...it's been a decade so obviously we're not in much of a hurry LMAO) - because of that I wear the other ones on a chain :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Nice on the looser rings, ladies! If you still like your ring, you could always get it re-sized from a reputable jeweler. It’s not very expensive.

Your food does sound good. Coffee is clean fasting so long as you don’t add sweeteners and such, but if you need sweetener, it won’t kill you although it does spike insulin (not sugar, insulin). Just an FYI. I’ve learned to go black. I hated it at first, so I sprinkled cinnamon in the grounds before making. Now I can go without but sometimes add cinnamon for a change.

It’s wonderful you’re getting more sleep, maybe it’ll just take your body awhile to get used to it and then eventually you’ll be all peppy and refreshed upon waking :)

Hope your littles get well soon!
  • LiLee2018
    misty- Awww, that's really sweet that he wants to get you a ring he picked out.

sandy- I just can't get down with black coffee. I probably just haven't found the right type yet. Maybe there is one out there that I wouldn't mind with nothing in it, but right now, I need the sweetener and cream.
    I've heard a few people say adding a little salt helped them enjoy black coffee more. Sounds kind of weird but I may try cinnamon or salt one day.

The style of the ring, it can't be resized unfortunately.

My other boy seems to be ok now after taking another nap... throwing up a couple more times and eating a pizza. He started eating it, threw up a little. Exclaimed that he felt better then continued eating with no issue and is acting normal lol. Just waiting for the chewed up pizza waterfall of puke to surprise us both right now but hopefully he is actually ok. Fingers crossed!

OMAD today even though I SO wanted to eat. A lot. Wasn't actually hunger hunger though so I held strong and kept telling myself... 3pm.. 3pm.. 3pm. That's when I can break my fast. It's just a few hours away lol.
    I broke it with a coffee with cream and sweetener in it. Yummy coffee.
    Then dinner came along a couple of hours later and I fixed some sirloins that weren't very good. I also had a little bit of garlic parm sauce and few tbs of pimento cheese with it.
    Oh and a couple of bites of some chocolate chia seed pudding.
    A bit underwhelming TBH.
    Total calories were about 1700.... dang pimento cheese. SO many calories for so little!

Also.... I was using an app to tell me my fasting time, but decided to ditch it for a little bit. See what happens when I just wait until 3pm every day instead of actually counting down exactly 22hrs fasting.
  • jadepearl
    Yeah to looser rings :) My wedding ring is loose too but since I have big knuckles, so it just hangs onto the knuckles.. :lol: Glad to hear that your boy is much better now. :+1: Take care <3
  • LiLee2018
    Thankfully my other baby boy is fine. Didn't throw up again and acting normal. I wish I could bounce back that quick lol. Lordy I hope I don't catch this.
    The last time (couple of years ago) I got a stomach bug, both hubs and I couldn't function for 3 days. He got it first, then I got it after. All the while the kids got it and were back to normal about a day later.

Dirty fasting already today. Once I wake up not feeling like I need another couple hours of sleep, then I'll do another clean fast.
    Getting to bed early last night didn't happen either, but I can always hope for tonight! :)
    Sigh.... I really want a nice warm cup of coffee. I can wait until 3pm though.
    This whole "cold hands and feet" thing that I get while fasting will come in handy once it does get a lot hotter though. It's so weird. Inside, I'm freezing, but outside once the sun hits me... I'm back to normal. It would be nice if it continued outside b/c it's gonna get hot as balls here.
  • LiLee2018
    Aaaand I've broken my fast. LOL
    So much for that OMAD willpower this week /facepalm

Ok.. next week. No excuses unless something extreme happens. OMAD all week. Even Friday.
    /nodnod
  • LiLee2018
    Dinner tonight was turkey wing flats air fried and fried coleslaw mix w/ soy sauce and sesame oil.
    Also had a bite of chia seed pudding.
    Finished off a bag of salt and vinegar pork rinds and had 2 cups of coffee that failed me today. No poops. Boo :(

This week was a total fail at OMADing. And next week could be the same. If nothing happens, then I'll aim to OMAD and really commit to it too.

BUT Hub's grandfather is dying to put it bluntly and his health is rapidly declining now. It's not coming as a shock that it's happening. His health has been rapidly going south since he had a stroke, but still incredibly sad. His nurse/doctors think he only has maybe a week or 2 left. So... yeah. When it happens, of course diet will not even be on my mind. I'm ok, but it's going to rip my heart out seeing Hubs and my inlaws grieve. :(
    Sigh... this is going to be a really *kitten* next few weeks.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited May 2019
    Awwwwww Babeeeeee.... Im SO sorry... That's so tough and watching people you love grieve is worse than grieving yourself *sigh*... I wish there was more I could do to help but I'll send my love and comforting, supportive vibes.

As for poop (how's that for a segue huh? Lol) you've gotta get yourself one of these 3 things

1. Psyllium husk fiber.. All natural, cheap, and does the job
    2. Senna laxative... Also cheap and effective, stronger than the psyllium
    3. These GD SUGAR FREE CANDIES! DUDE I'm telling you, ask Donna, she'll agree... Nothing cleans you out like some sugar free gummies!
    :D

Stay strong, lean on your people, and know we've got your back ❤️
  • jadepearl
    Oh no, so sorry to hear that ((hugs)) <3 I am like you, can't poop every day. So, I take senna laxative and that helps a lot.
    Take care and know that we are all here for you <3
  • LiLee2018
    I do actually have some psyllium husk. Coffee did its job this morning though and I'm drinking another cup to help flush more out. ;)
    I'll keep the husk in mind for next time though.
    I've been thinking about buying the sugar free gummies. I know articles about their laxative effect were circulating a couple years ago and pop up every once in a while still lol. I haven't seen stores carry them, but will be on the lookout... or just get some from amazon.

Those turkey wings yesterday were so disappointing. Wanted to try the air fryer since it's quick and easy, but it did not give me the results I was hoping for.
    I usually bake them in the oven for at least 2 hours. REALLY long time for just some turkey wings but it makes super crispy skin with melty fat underneath. The air fryer ones did have crispy skin, but the fat was still super chewy and bleh. Just not good. Oh well... live and learn.

And weigh in after my first round of poop today was 165.6. Up 0.6 from last week, but that's ok. Just glad to be back down again finally :) Will weigh again hopefully after another good BM but if it doesn't happen, I'm perfectly happy with that weigh-in too :smiley: