Maintainers Weekly Check In - May 2019

Replies

• sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Name: Sharon
    Height: 5'2"
    Total weight lost: 34 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 3 months [+ the weeks that I've been trying to maintain]
    How long in maintenance: 6 weeks
    New Maintenance weight range: 115-125
    Start weight December 2018:153.5.

Average weight recorded January: 148.0
    Average weight recorded February: 138.8
    Average weight recorded March: 130.9
    Average weight recorded April: 123.7

Week of...
    May 5: 120.8
    May 12: 120.2

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: For lack of a better idea, I adjusted my maintenance weight range down by 5 lbs. As I said last week, I don't want to let myself gain 10 lbs, and I don't really want to lose any more, so this puts me in the center of the range.

Challenge of the week was a HUNGRY day Wednesday. I ate to fulfillment, which was fine and dandy. More calories than I'd originally expected to eat that day, but I'm flexible within the week. The issue was that I didn't stick with my macros. I've been doing so well on the high carb low fat diet. But when I blow it, I really blow it. 38% fat for the day, when my goal is 15%. Then it's really hard to jump straight back down to 15%, so Thursday was 27%, Friday was 19%, and finally back to 15% on Saturday. That left my weekly average fat percentage at 20%, the highest it's been since I started losing weight in December.

I am grateful, though, that last week I picked up the trick of watching my 7 day rolling average net calories. I had a much less active week, between weather, feeling poorly one day, and unavoidable meetings, so watching the rolling average kept me on track better.

On the bright side, I only lost half a pound last week, so now I can go back and analyze my daily net calories to see what I did right! Yay, more spreadsheets! 🤓
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    HEAVIEST weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Total Weight lost: 30 pounds
    Time it took to lose: ~6 months
    How long in maintenance: Since July 2018 -- but with some fluctuation outside of goal range.
    Maintenance weight range: 142 - 148 (and not sure that's the right answer)

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 163.8
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 150.7

Average weight recorded from January: 148.4
    Average weight recorded from February: 146.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 143.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 143.0

Average weight Week of...
    April 28-May 5: 144.0
    May 6-12: 142.5
    May 13-19:
    May 20-26:
    May 31:

Success of the week: My weighted rolling average weight has stayed within a half pound of my goal since early March.

Struggle of the week: I had an interesting few days of less common activities and foods I had to estimate. For the last seven days, my net calories as calculated by MFP (also using movement data from Garmin except the things I tell MFP directly like my bike commute have been well below my allowance. I steadily lost mass the first several days. The last two days, my mass started back up. I am not concerned; I am maintaining right where my goal is. I just think it's interesting.

I think part is my estimates. For example; on Friday I stopped at the co-op and got some food off the hot bar. It was exactly 0.5 pounds, and some was tuna noodle casserole, some was Szechuan tofu, and I added a couple tiny pieces of red curry chicken. But I logged as 1.5 cups of hot bar from Whole Foods. Last night I had one taco from the taco shop in my neighborhood. I know they make big tacos, so I log it as two tacos. The other part is that I don't always trust the calorie expenditure data. Yesterday was a good example. I took a canoe out on the river to enjoy the weather and to fish. I wasn't paddling hard, and sometimes I was just fishing. But I did have to keep moving the boat because both current and wind move me around. The last part was strenuous; I paddled up around the back side of an island. I didn't quite make it and had to drag around some hazards. I don't think it was an 800 calorie endeavor. Oh well. I will keep doing what I'm doing, because it has been working fairly well.

1t9r9crl0elo.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~80 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2 years 3 months
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I continued to slowly lose until December of 2017. I have been in maintenance since December 2017
    Maintenance weight range: 115 - 120 lbs

Average weight recorded from 2018: 118.8

Average weight recorded from December: 116.9
    Average weight recorded from January: 115.9
    Average weight recorded from February: 115.4
    Average weight recorded from March: 117.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 116.8

Week of...
    May 5: 115.2 scale/ 116.0 trend
    May 12: 117.0 scale/ 115.7 trend
    May 19:
    May 26:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Quite a jump in weight this morning. I expected it though and know it is mostly water weight so I am not worried about it. I was actually down below my range the last couple of days, so it is good to be back up in range. I am glad that I weight daily and use a trending app. If I didn't then I would probably be upset that my weight was so high this morning. As it is I know that my weight is higher this morning, but has not been higher all week, and my trend weight is lower this morning than it was last week.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    edited May 2019
    Name: Firecat1987
    Height:5'4
    Total weight lost: 49lbs
    Time it took to lose: 18 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 130-140lbs
    Average weight recorded from 2018: N/A

Average weight recorded from January: 155.3lbs
    Average weight recorded from February: 151.6lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: 148.4lbs
    Average weight recorded from April: 144.7lbs

Week of...
    May 5: 144.4
    May 12:144.8
    May 19:
    May 26:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Learning to juggle a lower calorie week for a higher calorie weekend is interesting. It's hard to switch back to lower calorie on Monday, that's for sure. How do people go on dates and not gain weight lol.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: Learning to juggle a lower calorie week for a higher calorie weekend is interesting. It's hard to switch back to lower calorie on Monday, that's for sure. How do people go on dates and not gain weight lol.

Haha, I deal with this struggle all the time too! Having lower calorie days balanced with higher calorie weekends/nights out definitely takes some getting used to. It's hard to not feel deprived when I have a 1500 calorie day that followed a 2600 calorie day!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    edited May 2019
    @missperfectpitch It's great that I can recognize trouble before it happens. I realized right away that I really needed to watch these date nights. Thankfully this guy is also watching what he eats so he is kind of doing the same thing which helps.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    @missperfectpitch It's great that I can recognize trouble before it happens. I realized right away that I really needed to watch these date nights. Thankfully this guy is also watching what he eats so he is kind of doing the same thing which helps.

Yes, that's definitely helpful that you have someone who's also watching what he eats! I tend to go all out on date nights, but I compensate by eating lightly throughout the day (very light breakfast, and light-ish lunch) to keep the daily calorie total from being too crazy, and pre-log/bank more calories than I'll need for those days so I can relax and have, say, two desserts after dinner if I want.
  • sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Name: Lesley
    Height: 155 cm (5’ 1”)
    Total weight lost: 22.5 kg (approx. 50 lb)
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: a few weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 49 – 51 kg (108 – 112 lbs)
    Average weight recorded from 2018: max 72.5 kg in July, 56 kg in Dec

Average weight recorded from January: 54.7 kg
    Average weight recorded from February: 53.3 kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 51.7 kg
    Average weight recorded from April: 50.2 kg (110.7 lb)
    Week of...
    May 5: 49.1 kg (108 lb)
    May 13: 51.8 kg (114 lb)
    May 19:
    May 26:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I’ve been away for 8 days – 7 hotel dinners, breakfasts etc. It was a coach trip so there was a lot of sitting – in coaches and trains. The hotel in Inverness had a tiny swimming pool which I used several evenings and there were several days when I managed over 10,000 steps but overall I did less exercise and ate more rich food than usual. We got home yesterday evening so the weigh-in this morning is pretty horrible. However, I’m sure I haven’t really put on that 2.7 kg (6 lbs) in one week, it will be mostly bloating from sitting on a coach for two days. I expect it to drop fairly quickly. Need to get to the gym today, and generally get moving!

Work it, Lesley! The ultimate end to a wonderful holiday is three days of uninhibited exercise! Tell that haggis, "You were fabulous! Now let's get gone!" Walk 'til you can't walk any more. Now sit down... oops, the postman has arrived, let's go down to the mailbox. Hmm, time to stand up and cook dinner. Lovely, what about a post-dinner walk?