Fitness trainers

FatToFitChaser
FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
edited May 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Looking for some guidance from folks here who have a career in fitness , for someone who loves fitness and wants to build a career in it. Brief bacground 35 years age, just another person who loves fitness and fails often but never gives up.

Wondering the fitness certifications that can give you a break in fitness industry as a profession.

If it sounds weird please ignore and thanks in advance for your help.

Stay Strong 💪

Replies

• FatToFitChaser
    Appreciate you feedback and I truly am looking for honest and blunt feedback versus happy go lucky kind of feeeback. Probably a friend request on your way , since I am sure I have a lot more to ask.

Stay Strong 💪
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    If you are looking at training people in a commercial gym I would generally stick with NSCA, ACSM, NASM.
  • FatToFitChaser
    @SideSteel thanks. Yeah exploring holistically , for something related to nutrition too apart from justa personal trainer.
  • Jennifer1Harrison
    Jennifer1Harrison Posts: 35 Member
    @FatToFitChaser message me. I can probably help you out. I work on the nutrition side as well as the fitness but more focus on the nutrition.
  • FatToFitChaser
    @Jennifer1Harrison sent ya a friend request. Thank you
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    NASM is a good starter cert for working with the general population.
    If you want to give personalized meal plans or advice, you should get nutrition credentials (Registered Dietitian, etc), or use an app/program created by someone with credentials.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    As a qualified instructor its worth it. Even for your own benefit.

Any personal trainer course from a reputable company, usually include nutrition too will get you going. Add voluntary work. Chances increase.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    kaizaku wrote: »
    As a qualified instructor its worth it. Even for your own benefit.

Any personal trainer course from a reputable company, usually include nutrition too will get you going. Add voluntary work. Chances increase.

As someone who took the ACE cert for my own knowledge, a basic cert does not qualify one to give specific nutrition advice and giving such advice is potential cause for loss of certification.

Scope of practice is generally limited exposing the client to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Can't give specific diet or macro splits.
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Precision Nutrition really is the dogs B for nutrition qualifications if thats the route you want!
  • FatToFitChaser
    I appreciate each and everyone , for taking time out and sharing your thoughts and experiences