Soccer, soccer, soccer!

La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
Anybody else love the game?

I play for a women's rec league here. I play defense and sometimes I play side midfield.

I played 1 season in high school when soccer was introduced to my district. I was a senior so only got to play for a short time and didn't learn much. Then I moved to my current city and found me a team of newbies. I love it!!! It gives me a high like nothing else.

Speaking of... what about the Gold Cup?!?! I'm a Mexico girl all the way and last night's game was awesome! Love me some Chicharito! I cannot believe it's Mexico Vs USA on Saturday. I'm beyond excited!!!

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Yup! love soccer, can't wait to see the game!
  • mannyd1975
    mannyd1975 Posts: 120 Member
    I LOVE the game, i've played my whole life...I will never stop, I also coach kids now and it's great! Viva Azzuri!! LOL!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    I love football can't wait for the action to start in the Premier League this August
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Viva Messi!!! and also... viva el chicharito!!! lmao
  • La_Amazona
    Yay! Glad to have some soccer company.

Just talking about it gets my blood flowing! Ha!

I have my baby nephew staying over for a week because my sis is on vacation w/ her hubby. I'm SO upset I cannot go to the soccer pub and be loud, wear my colors and have a cold one. :explode:
  • La_Amazona
    I <3 Chicharito. *sigh*
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    I love it!! I played growing up, in HS and in college. I'm hoping once I get a little more fit to find a rec league, although I haven't figured out what to do with my kiddos during practice and games though...
    My 3 year old misses the cut off by 15 days to play this fall but I'm hoping since I'm willing to coach and help ref if need be that they'll grant an exception
  • La_Amazona
    Wow, you must be really good! What position do you play?
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi, I see your interested in soccer, so I wanted to tell you about the Kick For A Cause woman's charity soccer tournament. They will be celebrating 15 years July 27 & 28th in Wallingford, CT. A couple hundred amazing women will be playing a sport they love to help those whose lives have been affected by violence. There will be 3 age brackets: Over-21 (11v11), O-40 (8v8) and O-50 (8v8) refereed by certified officials. All Proceeds from this event will be donated to the Chrysalis organization. Where they can provide support services to to those affected by domestic violence. If you need more info web: www.kfac.org
    I also set a group on here- Kick For A Cause https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/121908-kick-for-a-cause
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I played over half my life. Retired from competitive soccer when I was 61. Miss it.
    zcis8ubxsccm.png