bathing suit recommendations?

almostsuperpowered
almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
I am in the market for a bathing suit, trying to talk myself down from spending $100 at modcloth or brio

what's your favourite go-to suit (for like occasional swimming, pool parties, camping, etc.)

this h&m thing seems like a maybe: https://www2.hm.com/en_ca/productpage.0636505001.html

(note: Canada-friendly recommendations preferred)

Replies

• samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    I like leaving nothing to the imagination so I tend to choose very stringy, tight little numbers
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Swimsuits for all. Com
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I love Fashion Nova and Forever 21 for swim suits <3
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    people troll on mfp?? guys. wth.

sammi: good tip, I wouldn't have thought to check there
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    I like modlily
  • sammidelvecchio
    Ya! I went on a whim to forever 21 online and was surprised at how cute they were. and very affordable. I thought Fashion Nova would be way too trendy for me, but they also have a huge selection and very affordable!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited May 2019
    I am in the market for a bathing suit, trying to talk myself down from spending $100 at modcloth or brio

what's your favourite go-to suit (for like occasional swimming, pool parties, camping, etc.)

this h&m thing seems like a maybe: https://www2.hm.com/en_ca/productpage.0636505001.html

Lately, since I'd lost weight and being in the company of nephews, most of whom are ages 7 - 15, including a discerning God-child whose now 5, I'm preferring to wear full body, sun protection, so I can play ball or water-fight with them all throughout the day, without having to be too concerned about wardrobe malfunctions.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I bought one from H&M and it turned out really bad so I returned it. Bought another one from Lulus.com... Success. But if I want just a really simple and inexpensive suit; Target, TJ Maxx and Marshalls have been winners on occassion.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    My favorite swimsuits are from Athleta. They aren't cheap, but are generally under $100. They are flattering and cute, but you can actually swim in them (or play a little beach volleyball...or chase after the kids). I have a few suits I have owned for several years, and they have held up really well...certainly better than my cheaper suits from Target.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Try Sport Chek, they have a lot of 'name brand' stuff that fits well and is sold as separates if you want a different top/bottom combo. Athletic company brands so I feel the quality/fit was waaaay better than the super cute stuff I ordered from Old Navy. Quite decent prices too, I felt. Got a cute set for ~$50.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Anthropologie has their suits on sale right now. Some were $50ish. Some of my favourite suits have come from Venus and they are always reasonably priced. Nordstrom is also worth checking out. And The Bay will be having their swimsuit sale any day now.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Try la vie en rose
    Not sure where I’m Canada you are but they are all over the west coast.

https://www.lavieenrose.com/en/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI09Orscik4gIVLx6tBh1sMAG_EAAYASAAEgLRfvD_BwE

Cheers, h.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

I can't personally vouch for the bathing suits but Joe Fresh athletic wear is good quality so I'd imagine their swimwear is too, and decently priced.
  • PALMINADALESSANDRO
    PALMINADALESSANDRO Posts: 192 Member
    ...Classic...think Marilyn....whatever colour. <3
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I've always liked the Lands Ends swimsuits. They have a ton of choices.
  • sammidelvecchio
    Another great find...just got 4 mix n match pieces from Aerie over the weekend, all on sale 40% off :) cute colors, lots of different styles!
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    I am a die hard Target swimsuit fan.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    I have to have extra support on top, so I do my swimsuit shopping on Amazon where I can find bra sizing and underwire suits. Regardless of my weight, since my first pregnancy, I have some big ta-tas! LOL
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Navy Blue