Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Annoying uncle on skype who I haven't seen since weight-loss: "Are you still skinny or have you gained it all back yet?"

I was an overweight yo-yo dieter all my life before, so I understand where he's coming from, but yeah, it stung.

Now, I'm not totally sure how skype works, but is instant disconnection an option so that you don't have to tolerate toxic comments like this?

As*****😡
  • sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    "You eat so much. How are you so small?"
    "Where do you put it all?!"

I get this one a lot at work, lol. I bring a LOT of small meals/snacks to get me through the day so I'm not tempted to eat the donuts or pizza that the nurse buys for the whole shift on nearly a daily basis. At home, I'm fine with just eating a few normal meals to stay in my macro/calorie range, but here at work if I don't eat frequently I'll fall off the wagon.
    What they don't realize, though, is it SEEMS like a lot of food, but its all within my limits.

I do the same thing! On my nurses unit we always have potlucks and it gets frustrating with all the questions as to why I am not participating anymore. But I usually just have to remind them that I am counting calories and they back off. I may eat off the veg/fruit tray or use a generic entry for chips and salsa depending on how I am doing that week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!