Dizziness while walking

I have a lot of weight to lose. Been doing this for nearly 2 months and am happy with my progress so far. I've done it purely by calorie reduction...no extra exercise. I'm a teacher so on my feet a lot. I get 1470 calories per day (to lose 1kg a week) and I normally eat between 1300 and 1400. In my two months counting I've only been over my allocation once, on Mother's Day when my youngest surprised me with a meal out.
I want to start exercising, so I've been walking a route I like round the lake. I walk pretty slowly but it takes me an hour. The last few times I've done it, I've hot really dizzy about halfway through the walk. By the time I'm nearly home, I've walked through the weird feeling and am back to normal. I'm not strenuously exercising, more like plodding, but I'm enjoying it and want to keep going. But the dizziness is weird and stressing me a bit. Anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Have you had a wellness check up with your physician lately? Dizziness is an indication of things. It is probably nothing but I would make an appointment just to be sure.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Kind of....two months ago what got me started was a weigh in with my doctor. Everything then was fine. Maybe I should go back. Just wondered if it was normal to feel a bit weird.. it goes away so i thought maybe it was something I need to just walk through each time.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Yea, you should ask your doctor. He should be at least aware of this new condition.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Yea, you should ask your doctor. He should be at least aware of this new condition.

^^^^ This. It could be something as innocuous as low blood sugar (are you doing low carb?) but an ounce of prevention...
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 676 Member
    Definitely check with your doctor. I experienced dizziness after running; finally I was both dizzy and had a black dot I couldn't see through in one eye. Turns out it was low blood pressure - I was on meds for hypertension and turns out running 6 - 8 miles every other day was enough to take care of it. We cut out the meds and all was well again.....
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Thanks. I'm not doing low carb intentionally, but looked at my diary and it's pretty low carb. I tend to "spend" my calories more on protein. I'll make an appointment for the doc. I'm not low on energy or feeling different in any other way but I'll get checked out.