Yup. Hit Scream Weight.

1234568»

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Binging for me seems to be about sugar or salt. But sugar is major. I think it is addictive..to my brain anyway. Staying away from it for a few days definitely makes me crave it less.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    @jrwms714 it’s great that you identified what works. My struggle isn’t really food-specific. If I’m bored, tired or stressed, I eat. I’ve taken MANY steps that have drastically improved sleep. When bored, I try to read, walk and have ordered some coloring supplies. Stress-eating is the next to tackle.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    @nowine4me, you have it exactly: it's what works for each of us and it probably is not the same thing! Sounds like you, also, have identified the issue and find ways to distract yourself from the binging. Coloring supplies are such a great idea for this ... keeps your hands busy and alleviates the stress, too. I ordered these for a friend who lost her child to cancer. Of course, it doesn't take away the pain, but she is thrilled with them and says they are really helping. ... hope they do the same for you, too.
  • Copper_Boom
    Copper_Boom Posts: 85 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    So this can be turned into a positive discussion for us maintainers I think. What are the traps we fall into and how do we avoid them? Would be interesting to hear from OP what happened after being successful so long. I do see a lot of "MFP" returnees who are successful and then 3-5 yrs are back again with the same to lose or more. I know I qualify having lost weight here in 2011/12 successfully and then had to return again in 2017. I did learn that this time I needed to focus on maintaining and what my plan would be from the very start.

Honestly, I just let it creep up on me. I’ve logged and weighed daily. I knew my intake was over maintenance and I knew my weight was increasing. I just ignored it and figured a few pounds was no big deal. Right up until my pants didn’t button and I had to go from a 2 to a 4 to a 6. Which is the biggest size I kept. I wish I could say there was some dramatic reason, but it was really just loosening up the reins and putting my head in the sand for 6 months.

Thanks for sharing- very comforting to hear others' stories on this topic. I have been in very similar shoes (or pants!). After I got back down to my goal weight range, I got rid of all pants that were too big. At first I kept one size up, but found it was just way too easy for me to let myself overindulge for a week and reach for those. Are you going to keep the larger sizes?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    @Copper_Boom I just had to buy all new shorts for my upcoming vacation. I’ll hope this is the largest size and I can work my way back down at some point.
  • hotel4dogs
    hotel4dogs Posts: 72 Member
    I have a really strange closet in my house. I put clothes in there and 6 months later when I go to put them on they seem to have shrunk!
    Wonder if I should go in there for a few months? 😆

lkpducky wrote: »

Been there, done that, grew out of the T shirt [1]
    [1] The dryer shrank it along with the rest of my clothes. That's my story and I am sticking to it

• swim777
    teranga79 wrote: »
    Quick check in from me. Facing a v stressful day and am already leaning towards massive over-eating as a coping mechanism. Am hoping that posting here will be a little shot of accountability. My goal is to post again at the end of the day having got through the stress without a binge.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend and are feeling calm and ready for the week ahead.

Thinking of you! Drink lots of water and take some slow deep breaths. Today will be okay!

• swim777
    Had a good few days until yesterday. Made a Greek salad minus feta and olives added in Parmesan to take to a covered dish church dinner. Started out with oatmeal for breakfast instead of my protein... crazy, but I’m hungrier at lunch after having plain regular oatmeal. A real argument for carbs making me want more. Sundays are harder because my routine is different and we eat lunch out. I tried not to splurge but did at home last night.. so aggravating when I’m doing so much better!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,970 Member
    teranga79 wrote: »
    Quick check in from me. Facing a v stressful day and am already leaning towards massive over-eating as a coping mechanism. Am hoping that posting here will be a little shot of accountability. My goal is to post again at the end of the day having got through the stress without a binge.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend and are feeling calm and ready for the week ahead.

@teranga79 On days like yours, my mantra is: “Eating won’t fix it; You’ll just have 2 problems - the original & having to lose what you gained.” It always works, leading me to things that DO work: Making day less busy through rescheduling, taking a saunter around the block, vase of flowers at my workplace, as the other poster said WATER, decaf tea, decaf coffee, baby carrots, yummy radishes, apples...

Looking forward to hearing how it went!
    💕