The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 I agree with donimfp.. While it's definitely something to be discussed upon their return, know that your previous traumatic experience will undoubtedly color this experience.. How could it not? But, you'll have a much better idea of how much of your emotions are fueled by past experience versus present experience after you address your feelings with them directly. I would also make sure things are addressed in person, as it will lessen the possibility of misinterpretation when you are face to face.. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this! I'm sure it was a very violating ordeal..
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    My daughter, got home late last eve, & was told by a neighbor that her other neighbor right next to her died from an alcohol related fall while she was on her trip. It must have happened when I was at work. My daughter moved there in the fall of last year and described her as a "nice drunk." Apparently, her husband came home & found her in a pool of blood. Because it was alcohol related there is an ongoing investigation.

So sad for her husband. What a tragedy. A tragedy that can easily happen. I shared with my dtr that one time after a few drinks, I turned around quickly & ended up losing my balance & hitting my head on the corner of a wall resulting in a goose bump on my noggin...I was alone at the time & it could have been much worse because I did kind of catch myself before connecting with the wall. Would it have happened anyway if I hadn't had a few drinks? Likely the drinks disoriented me and I remember being so ashamed that I lost control and thinking how much worse it could have been. She reminded me of a time when she was a teen spending the weekend with her Dad and he fell down the stairs & put his head through the wall.

Too bad they don't paint this part of the drinking pic in their alcohol ads hmmmm!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 I find it creepy. I would have liked them to be upfront and say “You know we bought a camera to keep an eye on the place; we just wanted you to know. “ I just don’t like that they did that.
    But like FooFoo says, hear their side of the story. So sorry that ruined a good day!

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Have you seen the new Netflix movie “Wine Country” ; it’s about a bunch of women who go to wine country. I watched some of it but it’s not that funny. Plus they are drinking wine in every scene, and I kept thinking if that was me drinking, my head would be in the toilet by midnight. Not crazy about that movie for many reasons. I didn’t finish it. Maybe I’m judging it too harshly.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Morning all, Lorraine have a nice visit with your daughter and grandson,how old is he? Everyone is getting through the ugly cravings/thoughts beautifully <3 wonder why some days are so hard but the rest are a breeze for us? Annoying really,wishes for a happy AF day!