Keto friends

I have just started the keto diet and would love some friends to join me on this journey. It seems to be working well, I have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks, and don't feel hungry. Whether you are new to this lifestyle, like me, or an old hand, I would love to chat with you.nutty

Replies

• 81meg1L
    81meg1L Posts: 44 Member
    Keto really is a great way of eating. This week, I just started back. I love that I'm not hungry. I love the bacon, scambled eggs, cheese when necessary, and green veggies. Most of all, I love that I can think so much more clearly.
  • briters89
    briters89 Posts: 10 Member
    I started 3 weeks ago as well! I feel great and love that food no longer controls me
  • dorigail
    dorigail Posts: 2 Member
    I too am doing the keto diet. I would like us all to be an encouragement to each other. Will each of you share your story? I'm just starting and will be glad to share my story when I have one. :)
  • HulkV2
    HulkV2 Posts: 32 Member
    Welcome to the keto life, pork rinds are your new potato chips Haha. I'm hitting 6mo and 50lbs in June so I'm a big proponent of keto.
  • louisekane96
    louisekane96 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm starting keto too, started at 213lb then dropped to 195 pretty quickly but then I stopped tracking calories, had a few too many glasses of wine and a holiday to the US, back at 209 😬
    Loved the mind clarity that keto gave me so I've started again, tracking my calories, planning my meals and taking control!
  • nutty192
    nutty192 Posts: 50 Member
    A few years ago I started using MFP, just counting calories, and I lost about 3 stone in weight. But gradually since then I have put most of it back on again. Usual story!

So I decided to try again, and thinking back to all my previous efforts, I decided that the best one for me had been the atkins diet. I did a bit of research and found that the keto diet was possibly even more effective, so I am giving it a try.

What I find difficult is to know how much protein to eat. Apparently I need enough, but not too much! How do I work it out?

The macro percentages are a guideline, but help please.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Losingweightforgood2019 Posts: 171 Member
    I started keto July 1st of last year. Down from size 22 pants to size snug 6.

Keto 322 days 💪
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I am doing a mild Keto.... Feel free to add me. I love exchanging new recipes and product finds :)
  • tracyaffleck
    tracyaffleck Posts: 1 Member
    hello - I would love a bit of exta support and advice with keto. I have just started it 3 days in. I have lost 14lb over the last 2 months eating a very low carb 1100 calories. I heard & read about amazing Keto dieting, bought the Dr Axe book and a load of supplements including MCT and now I am struggling! I hate the taste of the MCT. I cant keep my carb or calorie intake down because of the veggies and avocado. How do people manage their veg? I have a hideous taste in my mouth - does that go away? I want to keep going because of the weight loss and health benefits but yikes its hard!
  • Lashes1986
    Lashes1986 Posts: 126 Member
    hello - I would love a bit of exta support and advice with keto. I have just started it 3 days in. I have lost 14lb over the last 2 months eating a very low carb 1100 calories. I heard & read about amazing Keto dieting, bought the Dr Axe book and a load of supplements including MCT and now I am struggling! I hate the taste of the MCT. I cant keep my carb or calorie intake down because of the veggies and avocado. How do people manage their veg? I have a hideous taste in my mouth - does that go away? I want to keep going because of the weight loss and health benefits but yikes its hard!

I believe the bad taste is because you’re in Ketosis but I could be wrong. I’m in ketosis and I currently have that, I was told it’s normal.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,351 Member
    I am a keto'er and I also do IF(fasting 16:8) anyone is welcome to add me ....wishing you all the very best on your journey :)
  • nutty192
    nutty192 Posts: 50 Member
    It seems we have a nice group of folk all doing their best with the keto diet. I have stopped losing, but am in ketosis. I think it is because, like Lashes, the veges pile on the calories. I have also been experimenting with keto bread, cake and biscuits. Not a good idea! You think they are good, and they are very nice, but suddenly you realise you are over the calorie limit.

I am 77 and suffer from arthritis. So I am trying high dose turmeric powder, which is awful. The only way I can swallow it without feeling sick is to mix it with yogurt, again more calories! But I must lose the weight! Grrrrrrr!

I was wondering about MCT. YOU Have rather put me off!