Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Sara - I love that! Starkus!!
    Congratulations on the loss at the scale - keep on chugging along!
    Thank you for the Skinnytaste news that they have the WW Points. That will come in handy when DH comes east for the month of June. I tend to cook very simply these days, and recipes with more than a couple of ingredients send me running away.
    Glad to hear that Miss Tillie is liking her new treats. Sara, you hang in there at work.

Dawn - One thing you could do with the Weight Watchers is join for a short while to see how you like it and "get the materials". You can always stop. It stinks that you don't have a meeting to go to.
    No matter what you do, no matter whether or not you are "all in", your DH has to be on board with you. It will shape how much of a Safe House your home is and what you two have for dinner, whether he is going to be helpful or not helpful.....

Waving to all who stop by today. Have a decent Monday!

Lana

243.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    One of my favorite WW tips was to get a to go bag with your meal whenever you eat out so that you dont overeat.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hi all!
    Sara - know that you have an army of Serial Starters rooting for you while at work! Well we root all the time, but particularly while work is "harrassing" you.
    Lana - I too am interested in your WW account. I did lose weight on WW sometime back. I don't have a spouse that is cooperative. Although we eat well - whole foods. He likes to bring junk food in my house- horrible sweet tooth. Currently when tempted I tell myself that I deserve to be lean, that lean is my choice and that is what I am choosing. If i can take a step back and think about it - I often can make the right choice. I have issues with mindless eating.
    Hello Dawn, kathryn, Tracy, Suzu and all who stop by. Lurking.
    Lynn
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Twiley!!!! 18W-6?!?!?!?! Wow! that is awesome! Congrats!
  • damaddox7
    damaddox7 Posts: 33 Member
    Working hard at this again for the 1000 time. But this time it feels different I'm gonna make it. Beautiful weather here in the ATL peach state gonna get outside and go take a walk in the park.

Hope everyone has a productive and enjoyable week.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Twiley!!!! 18W-6?!?!?!?! Wow! that is awesome! Congrats!

Thank you! I have so much support this time it has been really easy to stick with the plan.
    damaddox7 wrote: »
    Working hard at this again for the 1000 time. But this time it feels different I'm gonna make it. Beautiful weather here in the ATL peach state gonna get outside and go take a walk in the park.

Hope everyone has a productive and enjoyable week.

Welcome! Great group here. Come with questions or post victories. We're all in this together.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    tracey I was scrolling the page and a coworker/ friend came by - we both like the dress - good for you!!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lana- I have thought about joining short term...I follow a WW group on FB...I was told about an App "itrackbites" it tracks points and is much cheaper ($30ish for a year) you can do it for free, but it doesn't show points unless you pay (of course) I do not have support from DH... he sees no reason for me to lose weight and shoves food in my face, every chance he gets.. he is the type that gained 20lbs over the winter, worked a month and lost it all...GRRR... grateful that he loves me for who I am... just would be nice, if he were more understanding and supportive....

Tracey- love the dress! You look great!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    8137 total steps

Also emailed the department that may help me get into State employment using my disability. I have the certification but need to be "upgraded" so I can take exams online. They thanked me for my patience, so I will check in a couple of days.....small steps but need to take them.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    8gqz0rylvslb.jpg

I totally get you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    k6aazyamjcpu.jpg
    Wearing this to a wedding on June 5th. Size 6. Down from 18W in October. We can do this!

Wow! Congratulations you’ve worked hard to accomplish that.
  • Snowflake1968
    I had a very nice weekend away with my daughter, her fiancé and his family. I am so thankful that I was invited and that I have had the chance to meet his family before the wedding.

This morning as I was reading through posts my husband said that there was a little boy about 2 or 3 years old walking on the street between the trailers and he didn’t see any adult around. I stood up and saw the little boy go into our neighbour’s yard.
    I went outside to help this little boy and found another one in our yard, probably 3 or 4.
    These boys both took my hands and we walked the whole trailer park trying to find where they belonged. They were only wearing pj’s and rubber boots. I asked anyone I met if they knew them, until I finally came up to a man who said that his wife had seen these two out on Saturday wandering around alone. I decided then that maybe the best thing I could do for these two was to call the police. So I did. I had been outside for over 40 minutes at this time and no one had come looking g for them. The police came and were going to take them to the station and call CPS.

Shortly after Rodger and I decided to go out, as we were driving out the RCMP officer told us that they found where they belonged and told us the address in case it happens again.

I hope these parents put a lock on their door so the kids don’t sneak out. I’ll worry about them now.
  • LanaCabana537
    8137 total steps

Also emailed the department that may help me get into State employment using my disability. I have the certification but need to be "upgraded" so I can take exams online. They thanked me for my patience, so I will check in a couple of days.....small steps but need to take them.

Wishing all a good night.

Sara - We are all with you on this work thing. We all deserve to be in a job that we can stand and that doesn't hurt us in any way. Big hugs~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2019
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Rain this morning and probably most of the day. Will try and get walking inside. Saw computer screen for me get delivered but my Sup went home early so I will ask today. Had "HR" dreams that looked like they were made in the 1950's - better than claim dreams.

Snowflake - wow glad you had the sense to help the little ones. Calling the cops also gave them a paper trail (if they dont already have one).

I found a dead baby bird walking the dog and with the rain and such I found someone willing (with medical gloves) to pick it up. Didnt want small children playing with it or dogs/cats contracting something from it. Some of us do, and some of us watch. Thank you Snowflake for being a do-er.

Wave to all who follow, another day lurking.
  • LanaCabana537

Tracy in Tennessee!

2j6tweq65q79.jpeg

You look marvelous! So glad you posted your photo. What a journey you've been on, with such determination and focus!

Lana

• LanaCabana537

Tracey in Edmonton Alberta

That is SOME story about the two children. Jeeeeeez.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Lana- I have thought about joining short term... I do not have support from DH... he sees no reason for me to lose weight and shoves food in my face, every chance he gets.. just would be nice, if he were more understanding and supportive....

Dawn

Weight isn't just about looks - tell your DH that. Seriously.

I kept my weight on for so long because my DH is obese, and he didn't care that I am fat. *kitten*

The kick in the head was my Estrogen-Positive breast cancer 2016/2017. My weight contributed to my getting cancer, and I am a mess even now because of it. I am on a treatment/prevention plan which must suppress all estrogen my body makes - and it is made in fat cells. Because of the meds, I now have dangerously high blood pressure (getting treatment now), but those meds aren't working well. I feel tired and slow. I am getting tested this week to make sure my kidneys are functioning well enough - the anti cancer meds affect everything. I have a high risk of stroke! FFS!

My point is of course that being at a high weight really can screw you later in life. It's not about how we look!

*snapping fingers for Cabana Boys to put away soap box and megaphone*

Lana

243.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Twiley! Whoo Whoo!! You look awesome! Congratulations. You worked really hard and achieved terrific things - Looks for sure, but health, wellness, and quality of life most importantly.
  • amybkatherine
    amybkatherine Posts: 49 Member
    Hi everyone!
    Hope you all are having a good Tuesday so far!
    This is my first time here in the thread, but I am definitely a Serial Starter. I find pockets of motivation and do really well for a while, but then something happens and I fall out.
    I'm working really hard to change that. I'm trying to make myself and my health more of a priority.

Around this time last year, I was constantly bouncing back and forth between 228-225lbs. With a 1 year old, I was having a hard time focusing on myself. For the rest of the year, I loosely tried to diet/exercise when I could, and managed to slowly knock some weight off. Around October, I signed up for WW (for like the 3rd time) and I did really well for a while. In early February, I got myself down to 201.6lbs. The lowest I've weighed in like... 6-8 years.

And then I lost my motivation.
    I struggle so much with overeating. And snacking.
    I love healthy foods. I love chicken breast, tofu, fruit, veggies.
    But my mind calls out for cheddar flavored snacks and I have a really hard time ignoring that.
    So since mid-February, I've gained and gained and now I'm back up to 228lbs again.
    UGH.
    But. Instead of just being totally down on myself, I'm trying to focus on making the changes I need to in order to sustain weight loss for life. My husband and I are both trying to make our health a priority, so it's great having his support. I just started seeing a psychiatrist who has spent 33 years working with clients with body image issues and eating disorders. I'm trying to work on being mindful and also being forgiving to myself.
    I've stumbled, sure.
    But each time I stumble, I learn.
    Now I just need to find a way to keep myself going instead of repeating the cycle!