Take #256562918648

SJameson13
SJameson13 Posts: 4 Member
I've Gained 41 lbs in the past 5 years (Definitely Happy Weight), but now, I'm not so happy with my body. I've tried numerous times to lose weight and I'll drop about ten lbs then the weight loss stops and I get frustrated and give up. Its a vicious cycle. I had surgery on my foot at the beginning of March and have gained 10-15 lbs since. 4-6 weeks of being sedentary. As of today I'm tracking my calorie intake and will be starting home workouts in the evening. I'm really hoping I can get this kick started and not give up again.

I'm getting married in November and would like to lose 25-30 lbs AT THE LEAST! My weight has also effected my job. I'm a corrections officer and I feel very slow when it comes to responding to an emergency, and that does not make me feel good AT ALL. I need to drop this weight so that I can start running/jogging as well so that I can try out for the K9 Team here at the Prison.

Please wish me luck! If you have any low calorie good dinners that you'd like to share, I'm all ears. I could use some new ideas. Also, any tips you have, I'd love to hear.

Thank you!
Samantha

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited May 2019
    Weight loss isn't linear, you're not always going to see a loss on the scale every week, so you need to try and muddle through the times when you don't see a loss on the scale. Set yourself a sustainable rate of loss (with 40lbs or so that's around 1-1.5lbs per week).

Why do you need to drop the weight to start running/jogging? Why not start now with a C25K program? I was 70lbs overweight when I first started jogging.

To illustrate how the scale doesn't correspond exactly to a calorie deficit, I was in a 500 calorie deficit for 6 months, weighing daily.

xjxe87tcdix6.jpg

• SJameson13
    SJameson13 Posts: 4 Member
    Not so much that I can't run because of my weight, but more so I can't run due to my recent foot surgery. I do like the C25K program, I've used it before, but I just can't use it right now. I'm also afraid with the extra weight I'm carrying there will be a lot more pressure on my foot then normal. Just trying to fully heal but also kick start this weight loss at the same time.

I also have the worse shin splints known to man when I start running/jogging. Anyone have a resolution for those? besides lose weight. I'm working on that part. LOL
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    SJameson13 wrote: »
    Not so much that I can't run because of my weight, but more so I can't run due to my recent foot surgery. I do like the C25K program, I've used it before, but I just can't use it right now. I'm also afraid with the extra weight I'm carrying there will be a lot more pressure on my foot then normal. Just trying to fully heal but also kick start this weight loss at the same time.

I also have the worse shin splints known to man when I start running/jogging. Anyone have a resolution for those? besides lose weight. I'm working on that part. LOL

For the shinsplints, don't push yourself too hard/too fast and make sure you have properly fitting shoes.