Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I was kinda needing a hobby

FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 3,242Member Member Posts: 3,242Member Member
But then I just realised I never watched ANY game of thrones like, ever. So I guess I got me a hobby. I take it it's definetly worth all the hype then?

A couple of people seem to really like it, must be something good. 🤔

Replies

• 1sphere1sphere Posts: 2,086Member Member Posts: 2,086Member Member
    Follow the story carefully if you start watching it, I got lost unfortunately, and I forget a lot. I'm not even near up to date with it
  • samtarlyonadietsamtarlyonadiet Posts: 944Member Member Posts: 944Member Member
    You can probably skip season 8
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 16,368Member Member Posts: 16,368Member Member
    That depends, do you hate happy endings and enjoy throwing *kitten* at the tv yelling "will someone kill this *kitten* already"? If so, it's the show for you!
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 3,242Member Member Posts: 3,242Member Member
    Ok. I'm not sure if it's the show for me or not 😬 why am I nervous to start watching it? Afraid I become a super fan maybe. It seems to last forever, Maybe I'm afraid i start watching and it takes me a life time to get through it.....I dunno.
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 3,961Member Member Posts: 3,961Member Member
    i’ve never seen game of thrones but i like quilting
  • grimendalegrimendale Posts: 2,188Member Member Posts: 2,188Member Member
    I've watched it from the beginning (and have been reading the books since 2001), and my wife, who has very little interest in fantasy stories, watched with me and enjoyed it. The book series hasn't been finished yet, so there's a shift in the writing style after Season 6 since the writers are working from an outline rather than fully-fleshed books. A lot of people went into the last season ready to hate it for that reason (and because people just don't like endings to epic shows like this), but I enjoyed it. There were some things I didn't love, sure, but overall, it was worth the watch for me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 16,368Member Member Posts: 16,368Member Member
    Ok. I'm not sure if it's the show for me or not 😬 why am I nervous to start watching it? Afraid I become a super fan maybe. It seems to last forever, Maybe I'm afraid i start watching and it takes me a life time to get through it.....I dunno.

its only 8 seasons, thats barely a commitment. Dr. Who on the other hand, that is scary, almost like marriage...
  • CoffeeAndContourCoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,242Member Member Posts: 1,242Member Member
    I’ve not watched game of thrones, all I know is my friends are raging over the last episode and say you should just avoid the least season all together.
  • steveko89steveko89 Posts: 1,325Member Member Posts: 1,325Member Member
    Smokin' hot take: I think the last season was fine.

It wasn't great, it was certainly rushed, but I don't consider it the dumpster fire everyone else seems to categorize it as. It provides resolution for the main arcs and gives the viewer an indication of direction for the lives of the characters who remained. Really there were only two episodes of S8 (3 & 4) with which I have any real issues.

Combining the depth of lore, the overall storytelling, and grandiose cinematography which persists throughout the series, those suggesting people should just skip it altogether are being dramatic and emotional about this final season; as a whole, it's still an excellent spectacle of television which has changed the expectations for small-screen entertainment. IMO your'e missing out if you listen to those who are saying to avoid the whole series based on the last season/episode.
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 3,242Member Member Posts: 3,242Member Member
    Ok well. I'm gona have to watch 'The Wire' first cos a work mate lent me the dvds and she is very precious about them. (They were a gift) so after that I'm gona take the dive and watch game of thrones. I just feel like it's worth a watch. I will come back here and comment what I think about it 😆 not that anyone will really be interested but yeah, imma do that.
  • JustAbby1984JustAbby1984 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Watching Netflix is a very lazy hobby as well as playing videogames. What about making own one? I've been playing this one for a long time and thinking to learn a programming language maybe. I think that's more valuable nowadays, but that's just me.
  • shaf238shaf238 Posts: 2,466Member Member Posts: 2,466Member Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Smokin' hot take: I think the last season was fine.

It wasn't great, it was certainly rushed, but I don't consider it the dumpster fire everyone else seems to categorize it as. It provides resolution for the main arcs and gives the viewer an indication of direction for the lives of the characters who remained. Really there were only two episodes of S8 (3 & 4) with which I have any real issues.

Combining the depth of lore, the overall storytelling, and grandiose cinematography which persists throughout the series, those suggesting people should just skip it altogether are being dramatic and emotional about this final season; as a whole, it's still an excellent spectacle of television which has changed the expectations for small-screen entertainment. IMO your'e missing out if you listen to those who are saying to avoid the whole series based on the last season/episode.
    100% agree.
  • anl90anl90 Posts: 904Member Member Posts: 904Member Member
    I just cannot bring myself to watch it. It's nothing personal - just not my thing. I'm surprised my husband has not tried it, though. He loves that kind of stuff.
  • mbaker566mbaker566 Posts: 9,727Member Member Posts: 9,727Member Member
    i definitely wished we had a longer season. but i liked this season. i really enjoyed the whole show.
    0d4g5wxeatkx.png