reNEW to MFP and Tracking

What is a good ratio of Carbs/Proteins/Fats for a 1,500 daily calorie intake? Is this based on my weight, gender, age? Or is there a routine guideline to follow? HELP!

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    You can go by the macros MFP provides, see how it goes, then tweak as needed. The most important thing to do is eat your calorie goal to lose weight.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Good evening. Starting out I would strongly suggest you opt for the guided set up. It is there as an option but not as pronounced as it used to be. In the guided set up you put in your height, weight, the amount you would like to use and the amount per week. when all this is done and you have clicked the appropriate point you will have a calorie/ food category balance set out for you. possibly when you become more proficient you can move to your own numbers.

Another suggestion. If you have only a stone or so go loose may be set to .5 of a lb a week because you are close to where your BMI suggests you should be. Only use the 2lb a week if you have significant weight to loose. Apologies if you use kilos.

Possibly as you find your way about the system you could start eating and logging your regular meals this way you will begin to understand if your problem lies in the size of your portions or in a less beneficial balance then after a couple of weeks you should have a better understanding. All the very best.
  • jenstoud5
    jenstoud5 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank You! I have a significant amount to lose. Just tried what you suggested and it looks in line to what I believe I should be healthily losing as well in guide with WW. THANK YOU!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    You should be able to find a WW or ex-WW group in groups, you may find them helpful.