What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    How I embrace and "adopted" a new way of looking at "perfection". One of the reasons it took me almost 7 years to get the weight off and keep it off (7 years to get from a size 22w to a size 8) was my self-imposed "prison/box" of perfectionism and/or the dreaded ALL or NOTHING way of thinking and living. Today, I no longer see the idea of perfection as, ummmm, perfect...but "BETTER and MATURE" (accepting things I won't (not can't but won't) be able to change and moving on mentally, physically and spiritually AND changing the things I CAN/will be able to change. My old mind-set of perfection being no issues, no problems, getting my way or not having to WAIT for change and not welcoming struggles as a MUCH needed friend is GONE--again, seeing/believing/thinking/behaving that perfection now means to me improvement and taking my time and doing it right and righteously, instead of allowing/giving place to impulsiveness and anxiety when things don't go as planned, when people, places and things don't happen the way I'd like them to, or are not good for me, to ACCEPT that and handle said people/places and things with the POWER of choice, instead of going along to get along and/or when (not if...but WHEN) I fail/fall--it's NOT the end of the world, just get back up--dust myself off and start all over again (as the old song goes). This is a major league NSV to/for me!

You lost a lot of mental baggage!! Clearly, you've worked hard and now enjoying the pay-off. Congratulations!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    How I embrace and "adopted" a new way of looking at "perfection". One of the reasons it took me almost 7 years to get the weight off and keep it off (7 years to get from a size 22w to a size 8) was my self-imposed "prison/box" of perfectionism and/or the dreaded ALL or NOTHING way of thinking and living. Today, I no longer see the idea of perfection as, ummmm, perfect...but "BETTER and MATURE" (accepting things I won't (not can't but won't) be able to change and moving on mentally, physically and spiritually AND changing the things I CAN/will be able to change. My old mind-set of perfection being no issues, no problems, getting my way or not having to WAIT for change and not welcoming struggles as a MUCH needed friend is GONE--again, seeing/believing/thinking/behaving that perfection now means to me improvement and taking my time and doing it right and righteously, instead of allowing/giving place to impulsiveness and anxiety when things don't go as planned, when people, places and things don't happen the way I'd like them to, or are not good for me, to ACCEPT that and handle said people/places and things with the POWER of choice, instead of going along to get along and/or when (not if...but WHEN) I fail/fall--it's NOT the end of the world, just get back up--dust myself off and start all over again (as the old song goes). This is a major league NSV to/for me!

You lost a lot of mental baggage!! Clearly, you've worked hard and now enjoying the pay-off. Congratulations!!

Girlfriend, uh-uh, not "a lot of mental baggage" more like an entire "self-storage u-haul lot"--of mental, physical and especially spiritual "mess/ugh/woe and I'm WRONG about a lot of "stuff". I MUST give The ONLY True and Living Father in Heaven ALL The Glory, Honor and Grateful Praise that He would bless and use me, my mind, body and spirit/soul to LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK and overhaul of my entire "way" of living, thinking, doing and being. I'm sooooo GLAD. I am FREE of so many yucks and self-imposed prisons/boxes and so very much "weight" that "easily beset me" and just really jacked me up for more years than I dare consider.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!