Need Motivation

I feel like I've been working so hard and I was so excited to take 3 month progress photos and now I'm just disappointed because I feel like I basically look the same even though I've lost 25+ pounds

Replies

• gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    edited May 2019
    Our perception is subject to bias. How we view our bodies will affect our awareness of changes in them. Furthermore, seeing ourselves everyday means we become use to the changes as they occur and adopt them as the new normal.

Weight loss isn't linear with visual change. The more you have to lose, the longer before you notice. I was ~50lbs in before I noticed using progress photos. This despite others commenting in my change. I could not see or acknowledge it.

Invest in yourself and put trust in a reasonable and well-constructed plan. Then just keep going. You might not see it now, others may or may not comment, but you will eventually. It takes time, which can suck, but just hang in there and don't let emotions and expectations derail you.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I’ve lost 10 pounds and my photos look exactly the same to me as when I started. In fact, they look the same to me as photos I took several years ago when I weighed even more. I was discouraged too, this morning. But I am also taking measurements, and they showed that I have lost at least an inch everywhere, and a full 2+ inches from my waist, belly (inch below the belly button) and hips. I felt much better after seeing that. Plus there’s no denying how much better my clothes fit.