Want to try the dash diet

Options
Would any be interested in helping me better understand exactly how it works and some good examples of eating habits I should develop. I really want to find a permanent healthy lifestyle and I’ve heard some good things about this one so I don’t want to do it wrong. Tia !

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I follow the DASH way of eating loosely. The n=1 podcast does a pretty good job of explaining it. There are some good print outs for tracking that I think came from the state of Oregon as well. Is your goal to lower blood pressure? Or are you using it to lose weight?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I also tagged you in the DASH diet thread under Food and Nutrition that has s lot of helpful info as well.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I posted over at the other thread too.

I think the suggestion of picking some of the goals and incorporating them and working from there is a good one. It's a good way to begin a permanent healthy lifestyle, rather than trying to do everything perfect and getting overwhelmed. There's quite a bit of flexibility with DASH but the serving counting can be confusing at first (and there are different recommendations for the servings depending on where you look -- we have some linked in the other thread).