JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT:
    Yoga 30 minutes :/
    30 minutes of whatever cardio I'm feeling :)
    Stay within calories :'(
    5 minute meditation before yoga :/
    drink water-fill bottle twice :|

Not a great day goal wise but tomorrow is another day. Did manage a 45 minute walk, but ate too much and had a few drinks. Bad idea on a Tuesday. No reason except it was nice out and I had no where to be for once. My mantra-it is what it is and I am not going to let it derail me. Tomorrow is another chance to make good decisions.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2019
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Tuesday JFT:

✔▪Pack lunches
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✅▪Log Food / Stay under calorie limit➡️I'm under my limit technically bc of the exercise but I'm trying not to eat back my exercise calories. I ate my P.M. snack before my workout so I had a protein shake after the workout. Next time I need to hold off on the snack so I can have a recovery snack.
    ✔▪Devotional Time
    ✔▪Grocery Shopping
    ✔▪Continue packing & cleaning
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Exercise (x1 DVD)
    ✔▪Evening schedule

Well 19 tornadoes touched down yesterday in this area!!!! Crazy but I slept like a baby right through all the storms, Lol!! (I have a local alert alarm on my phone when severe weather warnings are issued. So my phone would have alarmed if needed.)

Today is the last full day for my kids school schedule so I need to get some stuff done today! This should be the last day of cleaning and packing until the actual moving day. I need to stay focused and make time to exercise!!

Have a blessed day!!

(Chin up @HEGoddard0928 , sometimes we have these difficult seasons in life. I'm sure you've heard this many times, but you will be a stronger person once all this stuff passes. Sending hugs your way and Praying for you lady!! 😇)

Not to bad today! We are getting an early night in bc the little one did not take his afternoon nap. Since he is asleep early, I'm going to sleep early bc we all know he will be up early! 😂

Everyone enjoy the rest of you day / evening!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Monday May 20

Tuesday May 21, 2019
    Log Accurately- B)
    60 minutes walking B) 68 minutes (intentional, 14,000 steps)
    Weights and stretches B) after work
    Pay bills B)
    Desk at work—clear some stacks-Good start but not done

Felt good about today. The more days I meet basic weight goals, the more natural it becomes. Also have more energy for doing things around the house (like actually clean the stainless steel appliances instead of looking at them and thinking about it).

Wednesday May 22, 2019
    Log Accurately
    60 minutes walking
    Trash to the curb
    Continue Desk work/file clean out at office
    Buy salad stuff for church dinner and prep

Best to all. For those struggling, just keep trying.

Ginny
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited May 2019
    A pretty good day yesterday, I went to the pub with my friend for dinner/drinks but I managed to stick to my plan and stay in control, so only ended up 200 over - which I can make back with my run this morning.

I'm on my train in to run to work. I've lost quite a bit of fitness/muscle strength due to going on holiday and not exercising, and my legs already hurt from the exercise DVD I did two days ago ... I will push through though! I've run with aching legs before and from memory the aches settle down as I get warmed up.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smiley:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :neutral:Finishing my third now. ..
    - Max 3 G&T at pub, no wine I allowed myself to swap one for a wine, because I ordered a lighter dinner than I had planned. This isn't that great as I had planned to avoid wine not just because of the calories but because it has more of an effect on my willpower and self control and I knew I would need both to make me go home on time, pack bag in the morning, and get up on time for run! However, I managed to stick to just one (before switching to G&T) and then I did all the things anyway so that's a win!)

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smiley:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - French vocab (new + practise) :smile:
    - French verbs (practise) :/Not enough time for this one. I'm challenging myself with all this French at the moment!
    - French podcast :smile:
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Leave work by 6.30pm :
    - Train home by 22.15 latest :smile:
    - Pack back for running :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/forgot about this one

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green with a 250+ deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - French vocab (new + practise)
    - French podcast
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Duolingo
    - Finish work at 5pm
    - Practice presentation before class
    - Pack suitcase for long weekend
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 200 in red

Today's positive thought: Nearly the long weekend where I get to go home and see my mum :smile:

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise mindful moderation today: By sticking to my food plan.

I'm super busy at the moment - my scary French is in 2.5 weeks and I'm really stepping up work for it (as per the long list above....) I'm quite nervous about it but hopefully I'll be ok. I'm not too worried about the writing/reading/listening parts - we've done mock exams and I've always done reasonably, so I should pass and maybe even do well in the reading/writing (listening is always hard for me). But I'm quite nervous about the speaking as I struggle with confidence at actually SPEAKING French and we also have only just been taught about the type of exercise that we have to do, which I find hard as essentially it involves making up opinions on stuff I have no opinions on, which I struggle to do in English! So, much practice is needed.

This is keeping me pretty busy so I don't really have time to reply to posts, even though there are ones I want to reply to. So I just wanted to say that I am reading the posts (I need to know how you all are!) And sending love, best wishes and hugs to you all (particularly @HEGoddard0928 ) xx
  • Ladytron_
    Ladytron_ Posts: 10 Member
    For yesterday:

1. Log everything I eat - DONE
    2. No eating after dinner - DONE
    3. No alcohol - DONE
    4. Stay under calorie goal - DONE

For today, as above :smile:

Wishing everyone a lovely day!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Healthy snack after dinner👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym to lift weights on own
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Healthy snack after dinner
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning all! Picked up my car yesterday, finally it seems to be driving well, at least for now. I need to hurry this morning as I'm cooking dinner right now because I have to do my workout tonight since I missed it yesterday with all the car stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 5/21:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    5. Tidy up living room😞

JFT 5/22:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    5. Do workout
    6. Cook dinner
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 5/22

30 minutes yoga
    30 minutes running
    log all food & stay in green
    Drink more water -Fill bottle at least twice
    Choose healthy at lunch out
    Meditation x 3 (one minute breathing exercises)

Did not make great choices yesterday and I'm working on just letting it go while at the same time remembering how those choices make me feel after the fact. I didn't spiral into the bad choices which is a huge improvement. I am so much better at moving forward after a poor decision than I used to be. Mantra-I will make bad choices but they are not an excuse to make even more bad choices. Also-today is a new day and I can just move forward with new knowledge.

• purwonder
    purwonder Posts: 25 Member
    JFT Wednesday:

-Be thankful for my life just the way it is.
    -Stick to my plan.
    -Be hopeful that God will grant my desires.
    -Reduce my sodium intake.
    -Enjoy every second with my family.
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    @nimackay98 My condolences for the loss of your step dad. My step dad was an important man in my life too and really more of a grandfather to my kids than my dad.
    @jacqui2494 I love gardening too. On days that I can't bear to go to the gym or go for a long walk I'll just go out into my garden with clippers in hand and an hour will fly by - it's good for my mental health.
    @MLHC1 Love your hubby's comment, "I've noticed you're shrinking."

My appetite is back! Darn I thought I was just sticking to my food plan and it was working. I'll have to be careful about my meal selections. I love having a big dinner so making high protein nutritious breakfast and lunches allow me to enjoy a 500-600 calorie dinner with 2 glasses of wine. Eating a big breakfast for some reason makes me hungrier the rest of the day. I am really trying to eat whole fruits and vegetables and lean protein (eggs, chicken, fish) and avoid any bread, rice, added fat and processed foods.

JFT 4/22/19
    Pre track day for 1500 calories
    Make dinner in the morning
    Do Range of Motion exercises 2-3X
    Get out of the house and go for a mini walk on a local flat trail
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2019
    @MLHC1 Love your hubby's comment, "I've noticed you're shrinking."

My appetite is back! Darn I thought I was just sticking to my food plan and it was working. I'll have to be careful about my meal selections. I love having a big dinner so making high protein nutritious breakfast and lunches allow me to enjoy a 500-600 calorie dinner with 2 glasses of wine. Eating a big breakfast for some reason makes me hungrier the rest of the day. I am really trying to eat whole fruits and vegetables and lean protein (eggs, chicken, fish) and avoid any bread, rice, added fat and processed foods.

Thxs, Lol!

By eating a nutritious breakfast, you kick-start your metabolism! This allows you to burn energy properly which is where the motto "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" comes from. This information came straight from my doctor. 😁

On the flip side, large dinners tend to be stored. But I'm with ya on the wine, I love having a glass at the end of the day. However I was pregnant / breastfeeding for the last 2 years so I've been drinking bedtime tea instead. I plan to just stick with the tea now.

Keep up the great work and stay strong!!🤩
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Tuesday May 21 - Determined
    2.5L of water - :/ Did get 2 in
    Calories in green - >:)>:)
    Walk 1 Mile - >:)
    Squats - 20
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - >:)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - >:)
    Write in Journal - >:)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - >:)

JFT - Wednesday May 22 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I don't know what was wrong with my yesterday, I had no energy whatsoever and was starving all day. I had a two hour nap late in the afternoon and didn't feel like cooking when I woke up so went and bought McDonald's for supper. It was awful, I didn't even log everything I ate.

Not surprisingly after a weekend of no tracking and only sitting and then yesterday my weight is up a bit today. It looks like a nice day though so I think I'll be able to get a walk in.

We are keeping Michaela overnight tonight so that Lauryn can pick a shift up early tomorrow without having to worry about getting Jonah to school and getting her here. I will have to go pick Jonah up from school tomorrow.

I'm going to catch up on the posts, make some breakfast and then clean. If I'm done that early enough, I think I may go for a walk early this afternoon.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    @bookmeister86 - I am originally from the only bilingual province in Canada and had to learn French in school. It was not my favourite subject and I struggled immensely with it. I don't speak it at all, but I always test myself when I see it written to see what I remember. I think you are studying French because your partner is French and you want to speak to his family. You also want to know something about wine and cheese and you want to be prepared just in case. You are doing a great job learning French.

@jacqui2494 - What part of Australia are you in?

@korina75 - I love your mantra, that is what I have been living for the last year. Just because I had a bad day, or week doesn't mean I should give up, it just means keep trying.

@MLHC1 - Congrats on the 10lb Loss, I was so excited when I lost the first 20 and have been wishing for the next 10 to go. Maybe if I start doing instead of wishing it will. 10 can make a big difference depending on your perspective. I'm happy for you that your husband noticed.

@lafayettenana - I am right there with you on the appetite being back. I try to have a breakfast of some kind that includes protein too.

@Bex953172, @mytime6630 - I hope you are both doing ok.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Ongoing Goals
    1. Rake up more magnolia leaves
    2. Declutter mudroom
    3. Declutter spare bedroom
    4. Store away spare bed linens
    5. Laundry in basement
    6. Hyundai being picked up Weds 5/29 - get title and keys
    7. Pick up dress Fri 5/24
    8. Sign/return HMUA contract
    9. Hearty annuals for planters under deck
    10. Pick up sticks under wisteria arbor
    11. Scoop leaves out of frog pond
    12. Cut plywood for tabletop
    13. Tablecloths for ceremony table/grill/snack table
    14. Snack/drink table decor mock up
    15. Apply for marriage license
    16. Finalize ceremony
    17. Photography timeline
    18. Call Inn with questions re: music/decor/ceremony space plan b
    19. Nail appointment
    20. Facial Friday 5/24 10:30AM
    21. Check HPT stock at home

JFT Tues
    1. WATERS NOW!!! :| Got so busy at the pool store I didnt stop for 3 hours, tis the season
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - quesadillas? :)
    5. Be kind :)
    6. Empty dishwasher :)
    7. Bed by 9:30 :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters NOW
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Two from to-do list; HMUA Contract and hyundai keys/title
    6. Vitamin Shoppe/Mall on lunch break
    7. Call bridal shop for Friday appointment
    8. More water!
    9. Review this list later
    10. Bed by 9:30

@Snowflake1968 Wedding is June 22 - so ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!! AHHHH!!!

@HEGoddard0928 you and Matt have been in my thoughts. Sorry this season has been tough for you guys sending you so many hugs!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Well it's not lactose intolerance. Apparently he was misdiagnosed as a youth and never suffered from it. The tests say so. But diary makes him sick... It always has....Idk...

He has an appointment to get blood tests done tomorrow and he'll pick up the stuff for his urine test then too.

I'm just tired.

Youre almost there! The end of a marathon! Youre so close to the answer of his problems and how to sort it, so hang in there! Done trip on the last hurdle!
    *hugs*
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    This is the first day in a long time where I haven’t managed to log on until the afternoon. The morning was hectic but I have got everything done on my mental list so far so time to post some belated goals!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ yay 10 miles!
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - check school trip situation ✅
    - reports work? ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - errands after work - get fuel for car ✅
    - kids’ homework and hair wash ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎ no, up late working 😩

Wednesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Remember class photo day (wear something nice and do hair 😉) ✅
    - Early to work, pick up German snacks for geography lesson ✅
    - Sort kids for class trip ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Reports drafts x3 to boss ✅
    - Check handover ✅
    - Leave by 4:10 to pick up kids ✅
    - Help L pack for school camp-out
    - Piano lesson for kids and prep dinner for straight after
    - Pack kit for warrior class
    - Check train tickets for tomorrow
    - Bed by 9:30

Catch up with you all later. Tomorrow I’m off work as I’m heading to an appointmebr with a psychologist, which is required before you can go ahead with preventative breast cancer surgery. A bit nervous but hopefully it will help with it all. X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @Faebert. I hope tomorrow's appointment is helpful and that you have the necessary information and support for whatever comes next.
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Hi everyone, I haven't been about much but I've still been making mental goals. And missing them :smile:

I'm back on it now and I'm determined to stay on it. I've put 2lb on since my last post and I know it's because I've hardly done any of my exercises and I didn't hit step target for every day either. I'm not blaming the donuts or

I'm behind by about 30 pages so I'll just sneak in if that's ok and start afresh.

JFT 2/5 Thursday

1. Log all food & drink
    2. Stay under calorie target
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Stay focused and have fun

xx