Who needs motivated? Well ALL ABOARD THE MOTIVATION TRAIN!!🤩🥰

Replies

• IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    have you guys heard of a Youtuber and instragrammer, Jordan Shrinks? She's in her 20s I think and lost 100+ pounds and she discusses her weight loss and maintenance as well as other random things. I think she's hilarious, informative, and honest. I like to watch her videos when I need a pick me up.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Gmtjqs_LnhYQqTx469z0g

Haven't heard of het... but now I gotta check her out...THANX!😊
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Eddie_Ice wrote: »
    gottswald wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it avoidance though...how about redirection (?)

If people are here then they have recognized the need for change. That change only comes from taking control. To quote a favorite author, Tom Robbins, "If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked." You can manage it. There are no "ifs" there. Just decide that you will manage it.

I have never heard this and I love it, thank you I'm stealing it and pretending to be an intellectual in random conversation.

Oh if the ALLL synced...mpf, Garmin, Samsung...I'd feel like a super hero🤣 ALL workouts and food all added up in one place..no need to enter it on 3 gazillion different apps. Lolol
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    I wouldn't call it avoidance though...how about redirection (?)

That is a excellent term for it. You would have been thinking/doing something else but your mind became fixated on this false need. Instead of ceding control and chasing, realize the truth and redirect. Take control of your mind. I wouldn't even attempt to leech energy from the hunger, pay it no heed. Just move on, it means nothing and offers nothing to you.

That is my approach. I am not a mental health professional, counselor, etc. Everyone is different and yet all that trite excrement people offer up once that seemed like so much disingenuous parroting now has become truth. It was upsetting, they didn't understand, things aren't that easy. I needed my challenges to be serious so I could forgive my failure. It was all an excuse. You just do it. In the end, past the learning and the mental noise, taking control it is that simple. The need to motivate yourself is a trap of dependency, just do it. No requirements, no fears, no "when" or "if" statements. Those are all false walls used in your head to delay facing your fear.

I haven't started using any apps or accessories. I am happy with my training, I am just struggling with the right nutrition for me current needs. Like fitness, there are so many competing concepts and beliefs to nutrition. And so many out there peddling and preaching. I think I may end up with a dietitian and a deep dive into micros, but that is my issue and this thread is about others. I'm rebuilding a life and I will not accept my own failure of effort to cost me time in my journey. Mistakes will happen, accept them. But let them be organic and not a result of complacency.

If people are here then they have recognized the need for change. That change only comes from taking control. To quote a favorite author, Tom Robbins, "If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked." You can manage it. There are no "ifs" there. Just decide that you will manage it.

❣❣❣
    I get what you are saying and I Agree for the most part...BUT "DIETING (oh how I detest that word)..geting fit..is challenging and it is a battle and we are human...we have to forgive our mistakes, just as we forgive others mistakes...DO YOU KNOW THAT SUGAR IS MORE ADDICTIVE THAN COCAINE? that's a proven fact...and that being said, we may fall off of the band wagon once in a while...
    I myself am a bulimic..IM NOT CURRENTLY PRACTICING ANY UNHEALTHY HABITS...but all or nothing thinking...not forgiving myself for mistakes ive made is how I justified dangerous actions.

"JUST DO IT!" I AGREE WITH THAT 100%..but if you should fall..forgive yourself and get right back up and JUST DO IT...AGAIN.

BIG HUGS TO YOU 🤗🤗🤗
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Love Samsung Health! That's what I use. I also have the Samsung Go Fit Pro2 watch that it syncs with. They're awesome! Also yes ... Halo Top is a lower fat, lower sugar ice cream ...Yum! So many flavors. I'm a fiend for the Lemon Cake!

halotop.com/flavors The calorie and protein amounts listed are for the entire pint-sized contained...woohoo!

Well, I'm off to go search for halo top...🥺😊
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    have you guys heard of a Youtuber and instragrammer, Jordan Shrinks? She's in her 20s I think and lost 100+ pounds and she discusses her weight loss and maintenance as well as other random things. I think she's hilarious, informative, and honest. I like to watch her videos when I need a pick me up.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Gmtjqs_LnhYQqTx469z0g

I like Jordan Shrinks too. She's pragmatic about her weight loss while still very open about her emotional struggles with it, especially with body image.

I'm currently binging on

Mr. London - sexy and fun to watch...

Dr. Eric Berg-Super knowledgeable

Mariah Victoria- just a regular girl trying to figure this whole weight lose thing out...sometimes shes a good example of what not to do

💥💥GojiMan (FUNNEST DRY HUMON THE PLANET!! He tries out different eating styles/diets like the conover diet or veganism and explains the pros and cons of each).
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    What is your weekness...your biggest roadblock to reaching your goals?

Mine is BLACK & WHITE...ALL OR NOTHING THINKING...I want it and I want it now...sure the bad habits took 20 years to acquire..but I need all extra weight off by my date on Saturday!🥺🤯..yea..that's a problem.

• Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member

Mine is BLACK & WHITE...ALL OR NOTHING THINKING...I want it and I want it now...sure the bad habits took 20 years to acquire..but I need all extra weight off by my date on Saturday!🥺🤯..yea..that's a problem.

So much this. I feel like when I leave the gym I should lose 5lbs each time! Also mine is if I eat something not on plan it seems to snowball. Cheat meal to cheat day to cheat weekend - week - month and so on.
  • Eddie_Ice
    Eddie_Ice Posts: 115 Member

My biggest weakness I think is my pride. I run when I should walk, I do one more rep when my body says stop, I eat just a little less when I should fuel my body, all because I have this unhealthy amount of determination. There are times when stopping is a good thing, there are times when slowing down is a good thing, especially as your body gets used to new activities. I tend to rush in and think "oh when I was 25 I could lift this or I could run this far and that kid didn't do crap to be healthy so I got this!" Next thing you know I'm limping out of the gym or my hip hurts for three days from running too much. Up until this moment I have not really stopped to say "yo you 30 now take it slower." One of my favorite quotes is "Success is the child of preparedness and determination." I'm slacking on the preparedness part of this. Time to slow down it seems.
  • Eddie_Ice

My biggest weakness I think is my pride. I run when I should walk, I do one more rep when my body says stop, I eat just a little less when I should fuel my body, all because I have this unhealthy amount of determination. There are times when stopping is a good thing, there are times when slowing down is a good thing, especially as your body gets used to new activities. I tend to rush in and think "oh when I was 25 I could lift this or I could run this far and that kid didn't do crap to be healthy so I got this!" Next thing you know I'm limping out of the gym or my hip hurts for three days from running too much. Up until this moment I have not really stopped to say "yo you 30 now take it slower." One of my favorite quotes is "Success is the child of preparedness and determination." I'm slacking on the preparedness part of this. Time to slow down it seems.

I'm low key mad you got me in here being all introspective!
  • Jamie2663

So hard to do this! I went to the trampoline park with the kids last weekend. I decided hey this would be fun and it really was. 3 days later I am still reminded of the fun :D
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    @Eddie_Ice This is so me. I feel bad if I don't hit 500-600 exercise calories per day. That usually means multiple workouts. Bodypump, followed by Zumba, maybe even followed by Treadmill. My husband is constantly telling me to 'chill out'! My hip is hurting now from a 10 mile jog on Saturday! Well more of a 8.5 mile jog and a 1.5 mile trot to get back to my car! You think it hurts at 30 ... I'm 54... LOL!!! I've gotten accustomed to something hurting all the time! Even eating 1200 calories per day (or less) and doing all this ... I'm still only likely to see a 0.5lb loss at the end of the week. So frustrating to lose weight as you age. My first go around on MFP at age 49 was hard, but easier than now. Absolutely tackle it when you're younger!
  • bjdavidson964
    My biggest roadblock other than overdoing it, is my husband bringing me treats. We work together in a small business and he just brought me back a brownie. He knows they're my favorite and he said 'you deserve it, you're been going so hard'...ugh! I told him thanks, but no thanks! At home, we're empty nesters and recently he tried to 'help' by bringing home sugar-free cookies. Of course I checked out the nutrition information, and they have more fat and more carbs than the brand he usually buys! I didn't have the heart to tell him I won't be eating those...I'll take one out every few days and throw it down the food disposal ... ;)
  • Jamie2663
    My biggest roadblock other than overdoing it, is my husband bringing me treats. We work together in a small business and he just brought me back a brownie. He knows they're my favorite and he said 'you deserve it, you're been going so hard'...ugh! I told him thanks, but no thanks! At home, we're empty nesters and recently he tried to 'help' by bringing home sugar-free cookies. Of course I checked out the nutrition information, and they have more fat and more carbs than the brand he usually buys! I didn't have the heart to tell him I won't be eating those...I'll take one out every few days and throw it down the food disposal ... ;)

Oh this! My husband brought me McDonald's breakfast one morning... Oh but the burritos are so small, I figured they weren't that bad..... Thanks.... :#
  • bjdavidson964
    @Jamie2663 LOL!!! They mean well though!!!
  • Jamie2663
    @Jamie2663 LOL!!! They mean well though!!!

Oh for sure :)
  • Eddie_Ice

I like your husband style lol, I always like bringing my lady treats!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member

I discovered Tony Robbins about 10 years ago. It was a game changer for me! I ‘Awakened the Giant Within’ and have been nurturing her ever since.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Any fellow INSOMNIACS up in MPF land??
    😳🤯
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    [quote="IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019;c-

So much this. I feel like when I leave the gym I should lose 5lbs each time! Also mine is if I eat something not on plan it seems to snowball. Cheat meal to cheat day to cheat weekend - week - month and so on.

OH MY GOSH, ME TOOO!🤣🥺 I have had ONE cheat meal go on all day...no...like literally ALL. DAY. lolol
    So I've changed from a cheat meal to a cheat item on my otherwise healthy plate...like maybe with a huge healthy salad I have a slice of my beloved Italian bread with a pat of butter...
    Because if I had to wait for a cheat day for the bread, I'D END UP SCARFING DOWN THE ENTIRE LOAF!🥯🥨🥖🥐🍞
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019

I'm low key mad you got me in here being all introspective!

Lolol..My apologies...But Introspection is the destroyer of self sabotage & road blocks, my friend !!

And i SO admire you dedication and determination...but It can go to far...Honor and celebrate your achievements without trying to keep up with "20 year old you"...you've got so much he doesn't...like wisdom, maturity and GROWTH!

Sidenote: speaking of determination and not listening to your body...I've been running with shin splints for over a week now because I can NOT, not run..so now I am forced to run far shorter distances because of the pain...because i just won't take a week or so off to heal..
    We gotta just chill out.🧛‍♂️🧛‍♀️