What’s everyone’s say on bagels?

124»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I live in St Louis and one of the most controversial bagel topics is “regular vs bread sliced”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/juliareinstein/bread-sliced-bagels-panera-st-louis-missouri-outrage

Bread Sliced is awesome.

Come at me bro

What the ???

It's always a tough day when your heroes let you down :cry:

Hear me out...

1) you know how when someone brings bagels into the office and some jerk takes the top half of the cinnamon crunch bagel leaving the sad bottom half? Not an issue with bread sliced

2) you can constantly control the cream cheese to bagel ratio meticulously schmearing each little slice.

3) they are great for little kids with little teeth, Panera throws them right in the bag and you can just distribute them as needed without a drooly toddler gnawing on a perfectly good half a bagel that you really want for yourself

Now if you like toasted bagels, as I also do, this isn’t an ideal solution. But in situations outlined above and for those who don’t need bagels toasted - bread sliced is a stellar option.

Hopefully I have redeemed myself...

I'm not sure. I'll give it some thought. They are still probably an abomination. There's just something about sinking your teeth into a big doughy chewy hunk o' bagel. I have so many complicated feelings right now...
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    I love bagels, but they do have a lot of calories. I love the outside crunch the most so I hollow mine out. It saves a lot of empty calories and it still satisfies my craving. I go light on the cream cheese and sometimes I have two which is the equivalent of one whole bagel.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I live in St Louis and one of the most controversial bagel topics is “regular vs bread sliced”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/juliareinstein/bread-sliced-bagels-panera-st-louis-missouri-outrage

Bread Sliced is awesome.

Come at me bro

Gay rat wedding is a mood.
    Gay rat wedding?

One of the commentors on @WinoGelato's link.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    If you want a bagel, eat the bagel.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    I love bagels. My kitchen is being renovated right now and all I have to work with is a fridge + toaster, so bagels aplenty - and I am loving it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member

Bread Sliced is awesome.

Come at me bro

Gay rat wedding is a mood.
    Gay rat wedding?

One of the commentors on @WinoGelato's link.

Aaaaah!
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Bagels are delicious 😋 I only eat one everything bagel occasionally because of the calories and enjoy every bite of it.

It does keep me full a couple hours. I usually only eat one on a more physically active day too.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    I love bagels, but only have supermarket ones where I live (UK). However, I have just been googling and found a place near my office in London that does pretty good looking bagels. Its closed now but breakfast next week, for sure. I love them and just put them into my calorie allowance when I feel like it. Generally just with butter, or sometimes as a lunch with roast chicken and chutney.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    It's my Saturday night supper with 2 slices of cheese.