WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2019
    Heather Ros is cherished, that is clear. She sounds like a wonderful friend and role model.

I was struck by your comment about Ros being a genius at friendship. I would like for someone to say that about me!

(((Hugs))) <3

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    Heather - wishing Ros a peaceful journey. How blessed you and her friends were to know her. <3

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    vw9eoocu8hfb.jpeg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Heather <3<3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    (((Heather, Ros, and all of Ros's friends who will miss her)))

Healther ~ I tried to find Loose Connections by Rose Stanley on Amazon but could not find it!

We have my husband's brother and his wife visiting all week to help with getting the brother-n-laws affairs in order. They are very nice people but I feel a bit out of my comfort zone.

Carol in GA
  • 1948Peachy
    Margaret ~ Cute house! I hope your son will soon be well enough to enjoy it.

• KetoneKaren
    carol try malaika rose stanley
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Machka - I so admire your tenacity, I bet a lot of people in your husband's situation just gives up and does what they say to shut them up. They probably don't know how to handle people that are knowledgeable and don't look to them as the professionals.

Karen in NY - I putzed out yesterday too.... today is a new day. The sun is shining, the wind is not outrageous and I think the furnace might not kick in for the first time since September. It looks like it may be a good day today.

Allie - It must be nice for work just to be moving along without all of the drama you have had to put up with over the last few months.

Lisa - Glad you are getting some rest and that the tests so far are negative. Hopefully, they can figure it all out soon for you.

Heather - I am so sorry about your friend, hugs to you. Being a distance away at times like this is so very difficult.

Carol - I feel you on the company, I am not looking forward to having my MIL her for 2 weeks next month, I love her dearly but it's a small house to have extra people in for long periods.

Margaret - beautiful painting and cute house.

I had a very lazy day yesterday. I was starving all day, and when I wasn't hungry I was sleeping. I don't know if it was the weather or what, but today it is beautiful and sunny, the wind isn't insane and I feel more energized.

I am going to clean and then hopefully get out for a walk before the kids come for supper. We are keeping Michaela overnight tonight, she has been asking for a while now and Lauryn picked up an extra shift for tomorrow so this allows her to just drop Jonah at school and not have to worry about rushing to get Michaela to me.

Tracey in Edmonton

• 1948Peachy
    Karen in VA ~ Thank you. I found it this time and downloaded to free edition to my Kindle.
  • KetoneKaren
    edited May 2019
    Heather Your friend would be glad for you going in your red dress to the restaurant. <3
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Heather: <3<3<3 We should all be blessed with such a long and rich friendship. I am so sorry for your loss.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Heather, glad you’re wearing your red dress and going to the restaurant. Glad your friend is no longer suffering. I know you will miss her.

Betsy in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Heather~ so sorry for your loss.. enjoy your meal with DH tonight.. and maybe raise a glass and toast your dear friend xoxox
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Heather - So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member

✔️ 1. weighed in: 58
    x 2. tracked yesterday
    ✔️3.30 min exercise yesterday
    x 4. five minutes meditation
    ✔️ [/b5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    ✔️6.produce at least 7-finished pages per day average long term today
    x 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    x8. At least 15 min cleaning
    x 9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork
    ? 10.average 1100 calories net yesterday

• Overall Feeling : medium
    • Tracking : no
    • Exercise today : 20 min of steps
    • 1100 calories net average yesterday : didn't track
    • Long term writing 2h today : yes
    • produce at least 7-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 22-25) yesterday : sent 9 pages to corrector today
    • Short term writing/admin :no
    • Bright Spots : saw some students good work today, saw some pleasant students, mild weather

Grateful :
    1.students
    2.mild weather
    3.bird songs
  • 1948Peachy
    Heather ~ Prayers for you and your friend.