Snack Attacks

Hey all! What are your favorite low calorie/healthy snacks? I am an avid snacker, so I always leave calories set aside for when I’m feeling the need to snack. I get bored easily though and start to crave unhealthy options. I know there’s no perfect solution to this, other than self-discipline. But what do you guys eat for snacks?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My go-tos are coffee, beef jerky, cocktail shrimp with hot sauce, turkey with light cheese
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    I, too, am a snacker, so I have to plan for the inevitable. I'm eating some Skinny Pop right now! I keep my snacking in check by weighing everything (to the .1 gram) so, as long as I keep the portions small, I can have a lot of different snacks.
    • Apples
    • Special K Pastry Crisps
    • Ritz Crisp & Thins crackers
    • Yasso frozen yogurt bars
    • Hard boiled eggs
    • Oreos (in small numbers!)
    • Goldfish crackers
    • Granola bars
    • Dark chocolate morsels
    • Bagel chips
    • Whatever fits into my calorie budget, honestly

There's a great thread about new and interesting food products people come across. Check out some of the posts for inspiration. That's how I found out about the Enlightened ice cream pints (soooo good).
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    I'm a salty/crunchy snacker, so my go-to is the snack-sized bags of popcorn and a collection of flavour shakers.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    My latest addition to snacks has been boom chicka pop popcorn!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Apples, blueberries, strawberries (just had some from the local stand and they were super sweet!) dipped in Greek Yogurt with cinnamon, snap peas, Yasso bars, Enlightened ice cream, snap peas dipped in low cal yogurt dressing like Bolthouse. I also have a big salad each day for lunch and the volume of it feels like I'm munching but for a low amount of calories.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    I crave the wrong things.. chips, Ice cream cupcakes.. especially when bored or extreme temps...or when sleepy or lonely

When I plan ahead I have popcorn apples and carrot sticks.

H hungry
    A angry
    L lonely
    T tired
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I rarely want to snack anymore. It used to be my downfall. My weak spot.

Now that I'm eating healthier foods, I find I'm satiated. If I absolutely had to snack, it would be fruit.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Dried apples, fresh fruit and veggies.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 286 Member
    Seasonal produce. Right now, I'm loving cherries, which really satisfy that snacky impulse.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    edited August 2019
    Halo top salted caramel ice cream yummy😋😋😋😋 oh and Kirkland cocoa drizzled nut bar. 200 cals. So so satisfying. 😋😋😋😋
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Oh sure, you had to say salted caramel. Sigh.... 😟
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Carrots (sometimes with houmous), fruit, sugar snap peas, oat cakes. Now its summer I sometimes have a yoomoo frozen yoghurt ice lolly or a twister.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    I really like Nut Thins crackers by Blue Diamond. Satisfyingly crunchy, but not heavy. Just the right amount of salt and an interesting flavor.

Other snacks I like: yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, and chocolate covered coconut granola bars for when I feel indulgent.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Cottage cheese with fruit, a splash of raspberry balsamic and a small spoonful of Grape Nuts.

Hot air popcorn- with 4g butter and truffle salt if I feel frisky

Cherries, cherries and more cherries. I loooove cherry season.

Greek yogurt whipped with a few grams of sugar free pudding mix, pariciluarly cheesecake or chocolate, and maybe a few sprinkles of chocolate hagel schlag (hagel is a Dutch treat available on Amazon, and is to American sprinkles what fine Belgian chocolate is to cheap chocolate, and a few grams costs only a few calories)

Banana/almond milk/vanilla/dry oatmeal/cocoa powder/ice smoothie with either PBP or almond butter

Orange

Homemade beef jerky. My last batch was to die for. I marinated it in pineapple juice and Trader Joe’s Soyaki before drying and it is so tangy and just sweet enough. (If anyone else knows a good way to clean the dehydrator grids, please pass it long!)

Graham crackers with almond or peanut butter if I have a lot of calories left

Kind or Trader Joe’s nutty bars

Cheese stick

Pomegranate green tea is strangely filling to me

Water with ice. When I get frantically hungry, it’s usually not hunger. It’s dehydration. The water salves the dehydration and crunching the ice relieves the mental “need to feed”.

• Susan3758
    Susan3758 Posts: 77 Member
    Cherry tomatoes, apples, blueberries, Greek yogurt, crispbread and marmite if I want something savory.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    I save calories for a nighttime snack every evening. My favorite is Triscuit Fire Roasted Tomato Crackers with a slice of Swiss cheese. The crackers satisfy my need for salty and crunchy foods.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    mullermilch, pistacchio milk drink