LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Sigh.....
    So... we may be losing our cat today. DH took the day off and woke up to our cat breathing heavy and not moving much.
    He's an old cat but not, old old and he was acting normal yesterday. Eating as normal, acting normal etc.
    DH is at the vet with him now and the vet thinks it's heart related and isn't very hopeful any treatment would help.
    Our kitty definitely was suffering and not drinking anything so I think we're going to have to do what's best for him so he isn't suffering anymore. At least that's what I texted and hubs agrees and is going to speak with the vet about it.
    I swear......
    This week better not get any worse. I don't normally comfort myself with food, but I am today. Screw dieting right now.... this sucks :(
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    <3<3 oh no!!!!! I am so sorry!!!!!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    Yep. Got the call from hubs. They put kitty (Stewie) in an oxygen chamber and his breathing wasn't getting any better.
    Vet mentioned treatment we could try for A LOT of money, but seemed to keep saying that she didn't think it was going to do much to help so we made the decision to put him to sleep. It sucks that hubs is having to do it alone too.
    Damnit :(
    Just ugh... this came totally out of the blue. We were so sure he was going to end up being one of those cats that lived to 20something yo.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    So sorry to hear darling - I know it was expected but still....

Also side note: did we ever determine the brand of pimento you tell us about and love so much? I gotta find some....

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    So sorry for your losses :'(
  • LiLee2018
    So sorry to hear darling - I know it was expected but still....

Also side note: did we ever determine the brand of pimento you tell us about and love so much? I gotta find some....

Palmetto Cheese. It's sold everywhere so hopefully you can find it easily.

My poor daughter was really attached to our cat. Always hugged and kissed him goodnight. Fed him when he'd do the "my dish is only half full. I'm going to starve!!!!!" Meows.
    Sigh... So this day really sucked.
    From what hubs said, vet had no answers on why his heart just suddenly crapped out. You just never think of something like that happening to your pet, ya know?

Anyway... Totally cheated like crazy today. Just today though. Getting back to healthy low carb tomorrow. Omad.... I'll start it back up Sunday. Want to get in some good coffee poops the next few days to get out everything I ate today lol.

And in better news... Got my van back today at least. No more tiny car!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Oh no... :hushed: not your cat too! So sorry to hear that <3 Glad to hear that you got your van back :+1:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG so sorry..…..It is tough when you lose a pet....so sad..... :'(
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah, this has been a pretty crappy week.

But... gotta keep trucking along.

So... no OMAD for the rest of the week. As I said, I want to drink my morning coffees and hope it helps aid in some good poops to flush out the bad food I ate yesterday. SO much stuff.
    Not going to weigh in tomorrow b/c I don't need to see how much I messed up! lol
    Plan is to start back OMAD on Sunday and do a whole week of OMAD. clean and dirty fasting just depending on how I'm feeling that day.
    Also started thinking that I really should start exercising again.
    I've taken this last year to change my diet and relationship with food..... time to take the next year to really try to get in to the habit of being more active. It's going to be one difficult year though bc damnit, I hate exercising. I know everything tells you to do something you enjoy! Sure... but if I know I'm doing it for exercise, it instantly becomes unfun.
    I just have to do... something/anything though. I admire any woman with big strong arms so much.. probably b/c my arms are so big and flabby/flappy. Maybe one day I can be one of them though. Just have to start... which is the most difficult part.... starting.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    I’m so sorry to hear your father in law is suffering, we went through the same with both of mine—step and hubby’s real father. Like a double edge sword, you almost wish mercy would come sooner than later when they’re suffering so terribly, but the heart hurts at the thought of them being gone.

Nicely done on your loss even though you had a slight gain, but you’re still down so that’s great! When I did OMAD almost two years ago, I was always constipated so I understand how frustrating it is. I haven’t had that problem this time since introducing healthy fats, and a lot of them. It was a pleasant surprise!
  • wsandy8512
    Oops, I’m so far behind that I didn’t see this page until after the fact. I will not weight tomorrow, either, in support of you... I messed up as well. We’ve got this, sweet lady!
  • mistymeadows2005
    @LiLee2018 I hope things are better today dear - sending you love <3

You've done GREAT changing your relationship with food! Exercise is SO much harder for me...probably always will be...I'm taking tiny baby steps if you wanna join meeee :) We can hold each other accountable!!! Accountabilibudies! :) Even if not today/this horrible week (LOL) you just lemme know and I'm in :)

Good news? My main supermarket carries the pimento cheese :smirk: Walmart FTW!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    @LiLee2018 I hope things are better today dear - sending you love <3

You've done GREAT changing your relationship with food! Exercise is SO much harder for me...probably always will be...I'm taking tiny baby steps if you wanna join meeee :) We can hold each other accountable!!! Accountabilibudies! :) Even if not today/this horrible week (LOL) you just lemme know and I'm in :)

Good news? My main supermarket carries the pimento cheese :smirk: Walmart FTW!!!!

Yay for the cheese :) Hopefully you like it. It is super high calorie though. Only downside of it... oh and the price b/c it's a little expensive too. Boo
    I would love to be accountabilibuddies! It might be a lot of "I haven't done *kitten* today!" lol but having a buddy or small group to come to might help keep me going.
    I think I'm going to start next week.... at least that's the plan. Just starting though... just the thought of it is making me want to go take a nap lol.

Sandy- It's hubby's grandfather that passed away. Thankfully once he did start to suddenly go downhill, he was out of it most of the time so he wasn't suffering in his last few days.
    I think he was ready to go though. He got extremely depressed after his stroke. He was a very independent person before it and the stroke took that away from him. He probably could have gotten better from it but he was one of those types of people that sort of resisted medical treatment. He never did his physical therapy. Whenever he was in the hospital he wouldn't eat or drink. I dunno it's weird and it didn't help him. /shrugs

My inlaws seem to be ok though. I guess knowing it was going to happen helped them prepare for it mentally and emotionally.

But anyway... on less depressing matters!

I've only had my coffee today. It did its job thankfully. About to go nibble on something. Maybe some pork rinds.... probably pork rinds b/c I don't think we have anything else snacky I can have lol.
    I am TIRED today though. I didn't sleep that bad so I'm not sure why. Caffeine hasn't done anything to help either. Boo!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm glad the coffee worked and I hope things start getting better for you and your family (((hugs))) <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Mine is going to be a lot of "I didn't do *kitten* today" too - like today! LMAO - and I wasn't even busy enough at work to claim that was it...simply forgot...cause it's not a habit yet...

I'm saying this like the day already over - maybe I'll make myself do some tonight whenever I wanna eat and remind myself I hafta do less if I stay strong :disappointed:

Anyway...when you're ready to make it official lemme know! I'm in!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty.. no OMAD or tracking today.
    Had 2 cups of coffee, spicy pork rinds, pimento cheese and 2 pork chops.
    Not really a lot of food thanks to the coffee I think.

Feeling ok today. Tired, but good overall.
    My 2yo is stressing me out though. He is in full terrible twos clingy mommy mommy mom... MOMMA mom mom mom mommy mom mom mom mom momma x infinity mode.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Oh god - those are the moments I truly consider posting them on craigslist :D
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better <3 You know what I did when my kids were toddlers? I took them for a walk. This helps me to burn some calories and the walk tires them out... win-win :lol: Hope you will get more sleep during the weekend :)
  • wsandy8512
    Sometimes I wish I could make my adult children little people again, then I read posts like this and think, "Nah, glad those days are over!" lolol They're so precious at that age, yet they can also be stressful to parents. All I can say... these days will be done and over before you know it and you'll be wishing they were littles again. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you will feel that way one day. lol
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah, I remind myself to enjoy them when they're this little b/c I've heard teenagers are a whole new level of hell :P lol

And... I decided to weigh myself this morning, just to see what the damage is and...
    YEESH.
    I knew it was going to be high, but it still sucks seeing 170 weight again.
    It's all good though.. it will come back off.
    I really need to kick some butt this coming week though b/c there is going to be yet another cheat the week after when we go to the amusement park.
    After that though, there shouldn't be any other reason to cheat unless something unexpected happens.

Ok.. so for next week... OMAD starting Sunday.
    I think I'm gonna try some low low calorie days too. Maybe do a big a-s salad those days. Satisfying and filling but not a lot of calories.

Time to get back on track. I'd love to be in the 150's by the time our beach vacation rolls around b/c that's going to be a week of cheating too. 4 days at the beach then 2 birthdays one after another w/ birthday cake that you're damn skippy I'm gonna eat some of! lol

Also starting next week (Monday), I'm going to start exercising too. Going to take this weekend to look up some videos and things I think I'll enjoy and write down a plan for the week and will get my butt up and start it.
    I know exercising can cause a little bit of a stall in weight loss at first, so I'll take my measurements on Monday and will probably take them every other week or just whenever I think to do it.

I got this!!!