If you could invent one thing...

amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
To help with your weightloss, what would it be? I would invent a device that you can just stab your food and it will read the nutritional info for that food, even for that serving size. That way you wouldn't have to save wrappers or worry about entering info incorrectly when your food doesn't exactly match or have info posted.

Oooh, and even better, once you get the info from your food, one touch of a button could send the info right to your MFP food diary. I really wish this existed, lol.

So what would you invent?

Replies

• lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    a pill that made junk food taste bad and healthy food taste good.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    a pill that made junk food taste bad and healthy food taste good.

Kinda like beer goggles for the taste buds? :wink:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    if u have seen the 5th element, there's a part near the beginning when she takes a lil pill or something puts it in the microwave for about 2 seconds and out comes a whole roasted chicken with veggies.

I would invent those healthy food pills that create healthy meals in seconds, I'm not talking frozen food with all the preservatives.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    ooohhh the calorie probe thingy would be GREAT, and add to that something that tells you exactly what is in what you're eating. If I'm faced with the preservatives and chemicals, and salt, and grams of sugar I'm a heck of a lot more likely to pass something by, but if a coworker brings in her world famous brownie bars with icing... i mean they're world famous, how can I pass that up???
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    I would invent a fast food chain where the menu was entirely healthy.

Oh, and I don't have the capital, time, patience, or the business sense, so I can't do it myself.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Free chocolate,,,

I do pretty good at everything else, I can ignore candies, walk past cookies (mostly), disdain fudge, ,,, but when there's good chocolate in the house I'm a wreck.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Free chocolate,,,

I do pretty good at everything else, I can ignore candies, walk past cookies (mostly), disdain fudge, ,,, but when there's good chocolate in the house I'm a wreck.

I am a chocohaulic... its my parent's fault... really it is! both were chocohaulics and it has long since been instilled in me that chocolate=life. I can say no to most kinds (I've gone on a "is it worth it kick" and will only eat crap if its really really worth the working out I'll have to do to burn it off) but you put a chuao firecracker bar in my vicinity you better watch your fingers! (if you dont know what that is, or have never heard of it seriously you are being deprived http://www.chuaochocolatier.com/ it will change your life. seriously.)
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    why not invent a pill that makes the fat come right off and then makes ur body not store fat ever again (only what is needed can stay)!! that would be great!! then u could eat whatever and not store the fat!!
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    A flux capacitor
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    A girlfriend