Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Unpopular opinions?!

Replies

• Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,217Member Member Posts: 1,217Member Member
    I agree with the majority here in MFP who say that somatotypes are nonsense, especially the part about adjusting your macros to your body type to be able to lose weight.
    However, I do think the part of the theory about your general body shape having a large genetic component is valid. So considering that, ectos, mesos, and endos maybe do exist except we usually call them by different names (apples, pears, hour glasses, V's etc)
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Posts: 1,135Member Member Posts: 1,135Member Member
    Electronica and Hip Hop require just as much talent and sometimes even more than rock & metal.
  • Okie_Gal82Okie_Gal82 Posts: 23Member, Premium Member Posts: 23Member, Premium Member
    I agree. Coffee is nast nast...🤷🏼‍♀️
  • DWBalboaDWBalboa Posts: 25,621Member Member Posts: 25,621Member Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Kale is delicious.

Also, I'm really sad about how many people hate wine, peanut butter and Nutella. Monsters.

What? I've never heard of those people. They are like unicorns I think.

And yeah kale rocks.

I don't like peanut butter or wine but Nutella is the bomb! Am I still a unicorn?

Weird maybe, but not a unicorn. :smiley:
  • erekstrusinski1989erekstrusinski1989 Posts: 42Member Member Posts: 42Member Member
    Fyre festival was the greatest party of the new millenia thus far.
  • yogidani77yogidani77 Posts: 6,201Member Member Posts: 6,201Member Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Dan2668 wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    I don’t like children, especially babies. Babies are gross.

Bring on the woos.
    no woo's, opinions are respected

What about having children?
    To each their own, of course. Not in the cards for me though.
    I think a lot of millennials are putting off or choosing not to have children. It’s expensive and time-consuming.

Not to take this thread too far off topic, but I wish more people would choose to not have or to limit the number of children they have.

Whilst it's everybody's right to decide how many kids they have, the planet desperately needs us to breed less. I had my first and only child when I was 22, I was way too immature then and in the wrong relationship, nevertheless I don't plan to have more. Don't get me wrong, I get on great with children, I just think the enviromental burden of large families is a hugely under-considered issue.

...and I'm not judging anybody, I'm one of six siblings.

Not everywhere though. Canada is heavily underpopulated and I’ll use that as my excuse to have 5 kids.

Hmm fair, you get a pass.

Part of Canada's charm is it's so big and empty though. Un-f***ed-with beauty everywhere.

Does Australia get a pass too? 😜

And rural US?

Except the south like Bama...

I typically like you, but that was rude.

You gotta forgive the kid - he has southern envy - secretly wishes he lived in bama and is a huge Nick saban fan - he really loves all things bama @yogidani77

@Cowsfan1 I knew @Tankiscool secretly loved me 🥰
    But he’s got to let the rest of THAT BAMA stuff go 😜
  • isalsayourface123isalsayourface123 Posts: 798Member Member Posts: 798Member Member
    Graduations are over waited...I rather stand at my kids place place of employment and cheer
  • TankiscoolTankiscool Posts: 11,145Member Member Posts: 11,145Member Member
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    I don’t like children, especially babies. Babies are gross.

Bring on the woos.
    no woo's, opinions are respected

What about having children?
    To each their own, of course. Not in the cards for me though.
    I think a lot of millennials are putting off or choosing not to have children. It’s expensive and time-consuming.

Not to take this thread too far off topic, but I wish more people would choose to not have or to limit the number of children they have.

Whilst it's everybody's right to decide how many kids they have, the planet desperately needs us to breed less. I had my first and only child when I was 22, I was way too immature then and in the wrong relationship, nevertheless I don't plan to have more. Don't get me wrong, I get on great with children, I just think the enviromental burden of large families is a hugely under-considered issue.

...and I'm not judging anybody, I'm one of six siblings.

Not everywhere though. Canada is heavily underpopulated and I’ll use that as my excuse to have 5 kids.

Hmm fair, you get a pass.

Part of Canada's charm is it's so big and empty though. Un-f***ed-with beauty everywhere.

Does Australia get a pass too? 😜

And rural US?

Except the south like Bama...

I typically like you, but that was rude.

You gotta forgive the kid - he has southern envy - secretly wishes he lived in bama and is a huge Nick saban fan - he really loves all things bama @yogidani77

@Cowsfan1 I knew @Tankiscool secretly loved me 🥰
    But he’s got to let the rest of THAT BAMA stuff go 😜

This is the first time me seeing this! XD

It was all a ploy to pull you back in here Dani!!!!😝😝 it worked....eventually 😂😂😂
  • PAFC84PAFC84 Posts: 1,860Member Member Posts: 1,860Member Member

Buckle up.

1. Ithink political correctness is often ridiculous.

2. I think the attempts to achieve equality, although well intentioned, miss the point of equality.

3.I think racism requires intent whereas a lot of people argue that something can be racist without intent.
    edited May 23
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 2,049Member Member Posts: 2,049Member Member
    I think girls should be submissive to men.
    I bet you wrote this having a certain kind of man in your mind. Nah, men and women are the same sentient beings.
    I bet you wrote this having a certain kind of man in your mind. Nah, men and women are the same sentient beings.

I think we're all different but we should respect those differences and treat others as our equals.

Maybe she just likes being submissive to men. That is her choice. If she is happy with it, where is the problem?
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Maybe she just likes being submissive to men. That is her choice. If she is happy with it, where is the problem?

The problem is that it isn’t what she said. She said all girls (i assume she means women) should submit to all men.

Even if I submitted willingly in a relationship, it would be to a particular person or persons, not to every rando with a penis.

Submit to whomever you like, but thinking that half a population should submit to the other half is oppression.

The problem is that it isn’t what she said. She said all girls (i assume she means women) should submit to all men.

Even if I submitted willingly in a relationship, it would be to a particular person or persons, not to every rando with a penis.

Submit to whomever you like, but thinking that half a population should submit to the other half is oppression.

True I did make an assumption she was talking about her own preference by using the 3rd person plural. I have fallen into the habit of talking about myself in the 2nd person plural.

It isn't 100% clear than she is applying her thought/belief to all other women; she certainly doesnt use the word "all". I'm also not convinced that even if she was applying it in general, that it would constitute oppression.
  • your_future_ex_wifeyour_future_ex_wife Posts: 3,769Member Member Posts: 3,769Member Member

True I did make an assumption she was talking about her own preference by using the 3rd person plural. I have fallen into the habit of talking about myself in the 2nd person plural.

It isn't 100% clear than she is applying her thought/belief to all other women; she certainly doesnt use the word "all". I'm also not convinced that even if she was applying it in general, that it would constitute oppression.

She used plural nouns.

If there is no choice, as implied by the word “should,” that is oppression. If by being born a particular sex a person is forced into a role of submission, that is oppression.
    edited May 23
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 2,049Member Member Posts: 2,049Member Member

because it regarded all women. the opinion wasn't "I think I should be submissive..."

She used plural nouns.

If there is no choice, as implied by the word “should,” that is oppression. If by being born a particular sex, a person is forced into a role of submission, that is oppression.

because it regarded all women. the opinion wasn't "I think I should be submissive..."

I hear what you're saying and you may well both be right. However, it is possible she has just worded it "badly". Even if what she says is intended to apply to all women, it is just her opinion and whilst I hold a different view to her, I'm not going to allow her opinion to have a negative impact on me.

Re the submissive=oppressive view, "should" implies choice to me. You should do this isn't the same as you must do this, yes it does suggest a preference but imo that is far as it goes. As such, and again imo, it is possible to read it as a choice rather than something forced upon them.