Favourite Recipes - breakfast, lunch, snacks

liaoverbrook
liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
Hiya all,

I'm looking for some inspiration for tasty, healthy, nutritious meals for my weight loss journey.

I currently eat either toast or a bowl of fruit and yogurt for breakfast, a salad with flavoured chicken breast pieces, or pasta in sauce for lunch and my snacks are usually fruit, a yogurt, cereal bars, crackers and malted milk biscuits.

I am looking for a range of meals I could take into work prepared and for snacks to keep me away from chocolate/junk food.

In short, what do you eat for breakfast/lunch/snacks? Can be either UK store bought or a recipe please :)

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Today's breakfast is this with a few personal modifications. I just put it in my travel mug and brought it work. http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/11/07/hot-chocolate-breakfast-smoothie/

Morning snack: greek yogurt

Lunch: cheese, deli meat, a slice of ciabatta, avocado

Afternoon snack: an orange, a few bittersweet chocolate chips
  • gaz458
    gaz458 Posts: 23 Member
    I either go to the gym or cycke to work so calorie wise maybe no good?

Breakfast

3 Scrambled eggs on 2 slice brown toast

Over night oats (70g oats 100g yougut 100ml milk 20g Protien powder) 60g frozen berrys all mixed the night before and left in fridge.

Weird one probly not so healthy πŸ˜‚
    Semolina 30g (milk280ml) with chocolate Protien powder 30g and 17g dark chocolate. It's like having chocolate pudding for breakfast πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Baits/lunch
    Few small potatoes microwaved at work with skins 8mins ish with frozen veg defrosted by time lunch comes and microwaved 2mins and chicken breast.

Pasta tuna

Sardines on toast

Microwave rice packs with chicken breast

Snacks
    Apples, banana, carrots, pears, home made seed nuts date bars,
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    My go to breakfasts are:
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with freeze dried fruit

Vanilla Greek yogurt with a squirt of orange Mio water flavoring

hard boiled eggs and multi grain toast with everything but the bagel seasoning

Fav lunches:
    Large salad with lettuce, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, chick peas, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced chicken breast, and light Italian dressing.

Chicken lettuce tacos: Shred leftover chicken, sprinkle with taco seasoning, put in a large lettuce leaf, top with salsa and hot sauce.

Before the work week I roast up a huge batch of veggies(onion, brussle sprouts, sweet potato, cauliflower, carrots, green pepper, ect) with a little olive oil and soy sauce. And a huge batch of quinoa. It makes for an easy to reheat stir fry type lunch.

Or a small portion or leftover dinner.

Snacks:
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder mixed in (tastes kind of like pudding)

Salsa and tortilla chips

different flavored hummus and carrot/celery sticks

laughing cow cheese and wheat thins

different flavors of tea (fills me up when I'm in a snacking because I'm bored mood), green chia tea is my current favorite
  • sonilac
    sonilac Posts: 55 Member
    This halloumi breakfast with eggs is my favorite!! You can replace halloumi with cheese of your choice if that is not easy to find in your area. https://mediterraneanlatinloveaffair.com/eggs-halloumi-avocado-breakfast-keto/
  • gaz458
    sonilac wrote: Β»
    This halloumi breakfast with eggs is my favorite!! You can replace halloumi with cheese of your choice if that is not easy to find in your area. https://mediterraneanlatinloveaffair.com/eggs-halloumi-avocado-breakfast-keto/

Looks good that πŸ‘πŸΌ
  • liaoverbrook
    dechowj wrote: Β»
    My go to breakfasts are:
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with freeze dried fruit

Vanilla Greek yogurt with a squirt of orange Mio water flavoring

hard boiled eggs and multi grain toast with everything but the bagel seasoning

Fav lunches:
    Large salad with lettuce, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, chick peas, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced chicken breast, and light Italian dressing.

Chicken lettuce tacos: Shred leftover chicken, sprinkle with taco seasoning, put in a large lettuce leaf, top with salsa and hot sauce.

Before the work week I roast up a huge batch of veggies(onion, brussle sprouts, sweet potato, cauliflower, carrots, green pepper, ect) with a little olive oil and soy sauce. And a huge batch of quinoa. It makes for an easy to reheat stir fry type lunch.

Or a small portion or leftover dinner.

Snacks:
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder mixed in (tastes kind of like pudding)

Salsa and tortilla chips

different flavored hummus and carrot/celery sticks

laughing cow cheese and wheat thins

different flavors of tea (fills me up when I'm in a snacking because I'm bored mood), green chia tea is my current favorite

Thank you so much for this! :)
    How do you store your veggies for the working week if you don't mind sharing :)

• liaoverbrook
    sonilac wrote: Β»

Oh my goodness this look so so good!! Thank you!
  • liaoverbrook
    puffbrat wrote: Β»
    Today's breakfast is this with a few personal modifications. I just put it in my travel mug and brought it work. http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/11/07/hot-chocolate-breakfast-smoothie/

Morning snack: greek yogurt

Lunch: cheese, deli meat, a slice of ciabatta, avocado

Afternoon snack: an orange, a few bittersweet chocolate chips

That breakfast looks delicious!! Thank you for sharing :)
  • liaoverbrook
    gaz458 wrote: Β»

Breakfast

Over night oats (70g oats 100g yougut 100ml milk 20g Protien powder) 60g frozen berrys all mixed the night before and left in fridge.

Semolina 30g (milk280ml) with chocolate Protien powder 30g and 17g dark chocolate. It's like having chocolate pudding for breakfast πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Baits/lunch
    Few small potatoes microwaved at work with skins 8mins ish with frozen veg defrosted by time lunch comes and microwaved 2mins and chicken breast.

Pasta tuna

Sardines on toast

Snacks

Thank you so much for sharing and that recipe for over night oats sounds so good! Definitely want to make them :)
    Sorry if this is a silly question but do you just box up some frozen veg and then microwave it in work? I've been trying to figure out a way to bring it in but could only think of reheating already cooked veg but i think that would make it soggy and soft.

And thanks vvv much for sharing that semolina recipe hahah it sounds delicious!!!
  • gaz458
    gaz458 wrote: Β»

Breakfast

Baits/lunch

Pasta tuna

Sardines on toast

Snacks

Thank you so much for sharing and that recipe for over night oats sounds so good! Definitely want to make them :)
    Sorry if this is a silly question but do you just box up some frozen veg and then microwave it in work? I've been trying to figure out a way to bring it in but could only think of reheating already cooked veg but i think that would make it soggy and soft.

And thanks vvv much for sharing that semolina recipe hahah it sounds delicious!!!

Over night oats are good and easy πŸ‘πŸΌ

For the work meal, I cook 2 chciken breast in an oven bag with a spice mix makes them nice and juicy (cut into 3 portions/3meals)
    The veg, I take it out the freezer the night before put it in a microwave safe box (Chinese takeaway containers work well) and when at work tip out the defrosted water and microwave it for few mins, seams to hold its shape fairly well and not too soggy (Give it a ago what you got to loose) I also take small potatoes in a micrwave safe box little oil and some herbs shake it up and just microwave them till soft -
    So I do the potaotes for 4/5mins mins add veg and chicken another 2mins job done.

The semolina I also do it with oats it's like having melted chocolate flapjack for breakfast πŸ˜› I like it too much and have way too much like a whole bowl of it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • gaz458
    edited May 2019
    I tried to add pictures but dunno how to on the mobile πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Also cabbage is good in the microwave. So potato Tuna cabbage is another option
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Having convenient and ready-to-eat options can help keep you away from junk. Because from a time and effort standpoint, junk food is often much easier.

Examples:
    1. Boiled eggs (boil a dozen and keep them in your fridge)
    2. Cans of V8 juice
    3. Salmon cakes (canned salmon+eggs+oatmeal)
    4. Yogurt/cottage cheese
  • kmillernutritionist
    kmillernutritionist Posts: 10 Member
    I eat this for breakfast ALOT!

A bowl of Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt or YQ by Yoplait, ~1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (I love the texture and taste of frozen berries!) and granola is all I need for a yogurt bowl 😎.

• dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    dechowj wrote: Β»

Thank you so much for this! :)
    How do you store your veggies for the working week if you don't mind sharing :)

I just cut my veggies into sticks and put them into the flatter rectangle type Tupperware I have (similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/Containers-Airtight-Container-Vegetables-Leakproof/dp/B07L862HM5/ref=sr_1_4?crid=25K6GZB19ZRR7&keywords=tupperware&qid=1559828943&s=gateway&sprefix=tupperware,aps,296&sr=8-4 )

I push the veggies to one side and spoon the humus into the other. They do end up touching during travel, but I don't mind because I was going to dip them anyway. Plus then its only one container to wash later.
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    I eat this for breakfast ALOT!

A bowl of Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt or YQ by Yoplait, ~1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (I love the texture and taste of frozen berries!) and granola is all I need for a yogurt bowl 😎.

I eat this for dessert.