Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

suani8xijspk.png

Seems my production log was found someone deleted it. I dont know how to so if I did it was by accident.....

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can at work.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Hey all - Happy Friday-eve. (Love that squirrel Sara!)
    Lynn - So sorry about your dad's return to ICU. You are right, health is the biggest motivator of all.
    Lana - You are seeing some results. That scale is heading in the right direction over the last few days.
    Tracy - my husband is thin and always has been. It is hard for him to get that I can look at food and gain. I hate cooking two meals, but we may have to go there again.
    Welcome Nikki
    Suzu
  • rondajones2003
    rondajones2003 Posts: 16 Member
    I recently started on this get healthier track again as I don’t won’t all the health issues that run in my family. Starting slowly this time to help me not give in and hopefully develop new lifelong healthy habits. I’m glad for any and all encouragement and support as I know surrounding yourself with people with the same goals always helps. Wishing everyone the best!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

Good morning All~~ Welcome to the two newcomers!

Sara - You are so right about the exercise, especially for peeps who have family who are less than helpful.
    Getting our exercise is the one thing we can do to burn calories and get the body toned up.
    - - - - - - - -
    I super-blew it yesterday. After eating salty deli turkey breast for lunch, I went out with friends for dinner. Although I was drinking only water, and although I looked at the menu online ahead of time and chose which healthy salad with clean protein in it, I fell apart and ordered a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with tavern chips; my friends ordered chicken wing appetizers, and ordered for all of us, so I ate them too.

Lana's Lesson Learned: Do look online and decide ahead of time, and DO NOT OPEN THE MENU at the restaurant when everyone else is looking at theirs. That was my tripping/failure point.

PS - Earlier in the day I walked 3.5 miles with a walking group!

*sitting with Miss Tillie over in the corner licking my wounds. She is, of course, flirting with the Cabana Boys*

Lana

246.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member

Lana's Lesson Learned: Do look online and decide ahead of time, and DO NOT OPEN THE MENU at the restaurant when everyone else is looking at theirs. That was my tripping/failure point.

Exactly this! People look at you funny when you do it, but it is in your own best interest to make up your mind and stick to it. Then they admire you for it. Grudgingly, but I'll take grudging admiration over fat-shaming any day of the week.

Welcome to all the new peeps!

*places mystery novel and floppy hat on chair for later.

SW 222
    CW 157.8
    GW 145 by July 1
    UGW 105

• LanaCabana537

Tracy!

Good words of wisdom!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - Love the Kitten picture and the Super Squirrel~~

I was thinking: I have never worked in an office where I was working with company computers, but I've heard tell of it. Since all of your work stuff belongs to the company, there are people who are capable of accessing your work stuff. Somebody else above you may have fiddled with your production log. I would think that you couldn't have done it without knowing because computer logs tend to have a double request when it comes to deletion. It should have asked you "are you sure?"

I hope that you have a decent day at work and are left in peace to just do your job. Sheesh.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Wow... last night was scary! Tornados all around us! A couple towns over was hit. The state capital was hit. Another town that was devastated several years ago, hit again... not sure how many towns total. Haven't heard extent of damage. Will be traveling thru Capital City, today...we were very fortunate and were missed.. but, it was a very long night... more storms to come this weekend... gotta love Spring.

Sara- you are definitely right about the exercise. I just have to stay motivated to do it. The HIIT walking plan is in the Blog on MFP... will try to share, but MFP doesn't seem to like my phone. It's a 4 week plan. You have times of rest and times to increase your walking. So far, it's easy... but, just starting..so, we will see... hopefully, no one at your work deliberately messed with your Logs...

Lana- don't beat yourself up...I would have done same... now you know, don't look at the menu... it only causes food envy... glad you finally had people in your walking group

Welcome new folks! This is a great place to be... post when you can!
  • LanaCabana537

Dawn - How scary about the tornados. I don't know what that is like. How amazingly fortunate you were to have been missed. Dang!

As for that food last night, Tracy is right--gotta stick to your dreams. Better to have a little food envy than to throw the program away.

The irony is that one of the other two people I was with - the guy! - ordered a big salad. He's not on a diet, just super fussy. He wanted a fish sandwich but got miffed when he found out it came on a regular hamburger roll instead of something creative such as a brioche, so he had a slight adult tantrum and ordered a salad. Some people are crazy.
    His wife was the trouble-maker for me though. She also is at a good weight, but I think she works at it. She went through the whole menu saying "oh, look, they have this ______, and oh, they have that _________, and then ordered chicken tenders. 🤦🏼‍♀️ If she hadn't oooo-ed and ah-ed about all of the sandwiches, I probably would have had my salad. Arghhhhh.

Sorry so long a post. Obviously I needed to vent more and burn this event into my memory.

Lana
  • Twiley510

Sorry so long a post. Obviously I needed to vent more and burn this event into my memory.

Lana

Vent away, Lana!

I just went through a ten-minute conversation with my daughter about how she should have applied for a government job last week, but didn't. She had to vent how mad she was at herself to teach herself a lesson.

• LanaCabana537

Thanks Tracy!
  • arniedog74
    We were not allowed to go anywhere near the destruction. Completely shut down that part of the town. What we could see... heartbreaking... wanted to cry... pics on FB... oh my gosh... Thankfully, not 1 person died... only 22(ish) people injured...WOW! Bracing ourselves for the next round... hopefully, it won't be as bad...
  • Twiley510
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    We were not allowed to go anywhere near the destruction. Completely shut down that part of the town. What we could see... heartbreaking... wanted to cry... pics on FB... oh my gosh... Thankfully, not 1 person died... only 22(ish) people injured...WOW! Bracing ourselves for the next round... hopefully, it won't be as bad...

Wishing you well from Northwest TN!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    @arniedog74 - What state are you in? Here in my part of Alberta we have tornadoes around us from time to time, everytime there is a bad storm in the summer I worry. I didn't grow up near here and didn't have to deal with them previously.

Lana - I never even think to look at a menu before going to a restaurant so you are one step ahead of me. I have been craving Olive Garden lately, the appetizer that I eat as a meal there is 1200 calories by itself. I have been very good at avoiding it for a few weeks now, but don't know how long I'll be able to hold off.

Tonight I go for my swimming lesson, my friend that paid for me to attend with her is supposed to come tonight for the first time, she has missed the first 3 lessons. Today I have my granddaughter here by herself for a rare visit and we planted some flowers and cleaned up the yard. This is the first decent day I have felt like doing it.

I need to buy a couple other little decorations and want to paint a sign for outside the door tomorrow, then I think I'll call it good for this year.

Tracey in Edmonton

• arniedog74
    Tracey- I am in Missouri.. Lake of the Ozarks. This is normal for us... but, not usually such a storm that there are multiple tornados and warnings in 1 night. It was very scary.. I have been very fortunate to never have been in one... will knock on wood now so as not to jinx myself..
  • arniedog74
    Sara- MFP wont let me add pic... becoming more and more frustrated... but, I think it's my phone, not so much the App... if you go to Blog on here, it is the 4 week HIIT walking plan... seems Do able enough... just depends on my dedication...
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    7iwfs8xy18zg.jpg

Just into Alabama, Jeep in tow! Weather is so HOT compared to back home. 94° and sunshine! We are at a rest stop and I have signal so figured I had better pop in while i had the chance!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Dawn - I was worried about you as we watched the weather reports. They said 170 tornados reported since Friday!!! Insane!!
    Sara - glad to hear they found your log. Do you have your new screen up yet?

We are getting ready to pull out. So bye for now. Will pop in when/if I can!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    edited May 2019
    wowie what a good chat we had today!

Dawn glad you are safe - those sirens are loud and you probably did not get much sleep.

Lana - you could have taken 1/2 of your philly steak sandwich to enjoy in the privacy of your own home...... next time.

bought 2 cookbooks one by the "Pioneer woman" and the vegetarian crockpot cook book version that is popular, I will take paper and mark the pages as I "shop" for recipes before the night is done. We had a book/items sale in the lobby where I work. Someone stopped me there was a knitting/crocheting book did I see it?? My reputation is legendary - nice patterns weird yarn and I have too many things to work on now, so I passed on that one. They will be there tomorrow as well so I may take another look.

Still walking, bbl.
  • arniedog74
    Slight depression... weighed myself a few days ago and was down 1.5# no food log... logged food for 3 days... got message that said, "if every day were like today, you'd be at goal in 5 weeks" weigh myself today, logging... found the weight! So discouraged! I just can't lose