Feeling lost

Options
SunLovinMia
SunLovinMia Posts: 17 Member
edited May 2019 in Getting Started
I’ve been wanting to lose weight for a decade but I can’t seem to get it going. I go all out and exercise then don’t follow through after the first week. I eat healthier and then get tired of it because all I want to do is eat pizza. I truly feel addicted to junk. I have such little self control. I binge eat, I’m an emotional/stress eater. I have PCOS. I don’t even know if this is due to my PCOS or something completely different but I go through episodes of complete depression that gets so bad that I can’t even breath and all I want to do is sleep but I can’t because I have to do life. Then the next day or the next week, I have all the motivation in the world to run on the treadmill. I get into hyper focus and that’s all I can think about is staying on top of losing weight and whatever else is going on in my life. Im always exhausted. I’m so tired of feeling this way, of feeling guilty, fat, saggy and like I am in somebody else’s body. I know I did this to myself, but I am having the hardest time trying to claw myself out of this 6ft deep grave.

Is there anybody that has gone through this and made it to the other side? Please tell me how to get out of this rut. There has got to be any easier way to get this going.

I tell myself I am so lazy. I just need to get up and go. If I do 15 minutes a day, that’s a good start. All I have is excuses. I need to stop making excuses. I feel so crazy! I just want to feel normal. Im truly lost and don’t know what to do. Maybe if I just feel better this process would actually move along.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking all or nothing, start thinking small changes.

Exercise isn't necessary for weight loss and you don't have to live on rabbit food.

Set yourself up to lose 1lb per week, log your food that you would normally eat for a couple of days, then review it and see where you can make small changes to get your food intake to your calorie goal.

Things like cutting down on condiments and dressings, smaller portions of high calorie foods, cutting down on sugary drinks and switching to water/diet versions, etc.

I had Dominos once or twice a month when I was losing weight, just fitted it into my calories for the week.

x100
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    If pizza is your thing you could make it routine that once a week you work your way through all the ‘low calorie pizza’ ‘healthy pizza’ type recipes that the internet is full of. You might even find one you like but it could be fun trying them all. There’s different ideas for bases - cauliflower, ‘lo-dough’, using a tortilla, using chicken breast etc and then of course a million topping options. The process of trying them all could be a good distraction from the default ‘get take-away’ option. I recommend having a hefty side salad too so you feel satiated more by less of the higher calorie pizza, your plate looks bigger and you’ll likely feel fuller afterwards. Don’t just chop lettuce, tomato & cucumber though - get creative and add all colours of the rainbow to your salads - both fruit & veg.

This said, of course having the odd takeaway does not prevent you from losing weight. It’s all about balance and consistency.

Take this journey slowly, set and celebrate small goals and don’t be so darn hard on yourself.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, and take baby steps.
    There will be other members along that will offer support but, I'd just like to give you a (((🤗)))
    I understand depression and the pit of hell that it is. Have you spoken to your doctor about how you are feeling? 💐
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have gone through this exact thing. what helped me get started on all the positive changes people mentioned above? Behavioral therapy. I felt totally unable to start any positive moves until I started getting help for my anxiety/stress/binging etc.
  • thatjamaicanfatgirl
    thatjamaicanfatgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you do some research into your PCOS. Alot of what you describe are symptoms us women with PCOS have. I can point you in the right direction for more information on how to manage it. Doctors tend to just diagnose the issue and write us prescriptions, no post visit help. Message me!