Who needs motivated? Well ALL ABOARD THE MOTIVATION TRAIN!!🀩πŸ₯°

Replies

• IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member

So hard to do this! I went to the trampoline park with the kids last weekend. I decided hey this would be fun and it really was. 3 days later I am still reminded of the fun :D[/quote]
    πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… I think we have all been guilty of this one time or another...I have stayed on a treadmill or elliptic machine 20 minutes past death, because the girl next to me was 10 years younger and showing no signs of stopping!🀭🀒
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019

I discovered Tony Robbins about 10 years ago. It was a game changer for me! I β€˜Awakened the Giant Within’ and have been nurturing her ever since. [/quote]

I imagine the Giant in you is one heck of a force to be reckoned with!πŸ¦Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ¦Ήβ€β™€οΈ
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    My biggest roadblock other than overdoing it, is my husband bringing me treats. We work together in a small business and he just brought me back a brownie. He knows they're my favorite and he said 'you deserve it, you're been going so hard'...ugh! I told him thanks, but no thanks! At home, we're empty nesters and recently he tried to 'help' by bringing home sugar-free cookies. Of course I checked out the nutrition information, and they have more fat and more carbs than the brand he usually buys! I didn't have the heart to tell him I won't be eating those...I'll take one out every few days and throw it down the food disposal ... ;)

AWWW!!! This is the cutest thing I've ever read...he's buying the wrong thing to try and treat his queen...and you are pretending to eat them to spare his feelings...THATS LOVE!❣
    You might try explaining to him from a different angle...instead of saying dont bring it to me because I'm dieting...explain how bad the processed ingredients & sugar in the brownies is FOR BOTH OF YOU...and you just want you both to be healthy, together and alive for as long as possible

Sidenote: nonfat or sugar free usually equals a poopstorm of chemicals to replace those ingredients...
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    edited May 2019
    How did everyone do yesterday...on a scale from 1-10

😫1 being "the dinner I had last night should have come with the number of a good cardiologist"

πŸ˜‡10 being "hmmm...I should message Serena Williams on Instagram...offer her a couple of my fitness tips"kprpwfcdrq2o.jpg
  • Eddie_Ice
    Eddie_Ice Posts: 115 Member
    Yesterday was an interesting day but today is going well so far. Salad and oranges for breakfast and I'm going to run intervals today! so I will give yesterday a 4 and we are shooting for an 8 today!
  • Eddie_Ice
    What is your weekness...your biggest roadblock to reaching your goals?

Mine is BLACK & WHITE...ALL OR NOTHING THINKING...I want it and I want it now...sure the bad habits took 20 years to acquire..but I need all extra weight off by my date on Saturday!πŸ₯ΊπŸ€―..yea..that's a problem.

My biggest weakness I think is my pride. I run when I should walk, I do one more rep when my body says stop, I eat just a little less when I should fuel my body, all because I have this unhealthy amount of determination. There are times when stopping is a good thing, there are times when slowing down is a good thing, especially as your body gets used to new activities. I tend to rush in and think "oh when I was 25 I could lift this or I could run this far and that kid didn't do crap to be healthy so I got this!" Next thing you know I'm limping out of the gym or my hip hurts for three days from running too much. Up until this moment I have not really stopped to say "yo you 30 now take it slower." One of my favorite quotes is "Success is the child of preparedness and determination." I'm slacking on the preparedness part of this. Time to slow down it seems.

I'm low key mad you got me in here being all introspective!

Lolol..My apologies...But Introspection is the destroyer of self sabotage & road blocks, my friend !!

And i SO admire you dedication and determination...but It can go to far...Honor and celebrate your achievements without trying to keep up with "20 year old you"...you've got so much he doesn't...like wisdom, maturity and GROWTH!

Sidenote: speaking of determination and not listening to your body...I've been running with shin splints for over a week now because I can NOT, not run..so now I am forced to run far shorter distances because of the pain...because i just won't take a week or so off to heal..
    We gotta just chill out.πŸ§›β€β™‚οΈπŸ§›β€β™€οΈ

Shin splints are no joke! I usually only get them if I "shuffle" instead of properly picking up my feet to run so your painful short runs that are causing you to "shuffle" might be prolonging the healing. I feel you though I never skip a run even on leg day and even if its a short one.
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member

Often when I get hunger pains I drink some water. Honestly I'm just fooling myself into thinking it works but it makes my stomach shut up for about 20 min. I'm also trying to have healthy snacks on hand and in small quantities.

• vermontrebecca6929
    I am aiming for 100 oz water daily. I just try to drink it all day long to keep stomach thinking it has food so hunger doesnt even start. I’ve switched to carrot sticks & sourdough pretzel sticks to satisfying cravings... even the pretzels feel like a cheat b/c they are empty calories. When I got the bag I immediately portioned them into bocadillo snack sizes of 5 pretzels each (the recommended serving size). Usually one to two whole carrots cut into sticks are in my frig & I throw them in an insulated lunch bag with a freezer pack when I leave the house, Lately have been making protein smoothies the night before too. I realized I need to buy two large containers of nonfat plain Greek yogurt every coupla daysβ€” I don’t use protein powders and try to avoid other fake, lab create. or highly processed foods except for tofu, olive oil & vinegar!
  • vermontrebecca6929
    have you guys heard of a Youtuber and instragrammer, Jordan Shrinks? She's in her 20s I think and lost 100+ pounds and she discusses her weight loss and maintenance as well as other random things. I think she's hilarious, informative, and honest. I like to watch her videos when I need a pick me up.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Gmtjqs_LnhYQqTx469z0g

• Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member

😫1 being "the dinner I had last night should have come with the number of a good cardiologist"

πŸ˜‡10 being "hmmm...I should message Serena Williams on Instagram...offer her a couple of my fitness tips"kprpwfcdrq2o.jpg

This scale :D:D I will go with 7. I didn't go off meal plan yesterday and I am decently sore from the gym :)
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    In terms of how I did yesterday... giving myself a 5 for being unhealthy and not eating enough. Only 652 Calories consumed. 492 exercise calories (BodyPump followed by Seated Elliptical). Calorie deficit 1.039. Amazingly not feeling hungry. Chia seed pudding and an apple for breakfast. No lunch yet but probably a protein shake.
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    edited May 2019
    @IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Sidenote: nonfat or sugar free usually equals a poopstorm of chemicals to replace those ingredients...

That's a great reminder! And so so true! I do need to make sure he is aware of that as future reference for him.

I hope your shin splints are better soon! Have you tried different running shoes? Asics are my go to, though they have made some unpopular adjustments in the past few years.
  • Eddie_Ice
    So today was a strictly cardio day but when I made it to the gym it was still oppressively hot outside so I decided to suck it up and run some hills on the treadmill. I ran 1.35 miles on the treadmill doing hills before I was just done with it. This hamster will not be contained to the wheel! I sucked it up and finished my run outside albeit shorter than intended. So I got three miles in today instead of the 4 planned but I will run a four mile tomorrow and a 8 mile on Saturday to make up for it. Today has been a good day!
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    So today was a strictly cardio day but when I made it to the gym it was still oppressively hot outside so I decided to suck it up and run some hills on the treadmill. I ran 1.35 miles on the treadmill doing hills before I was just done with it. This hamster will not be contained to the wheel! I sucked it up and finished my run outside albeit shorter than intended. So I got three miles in today instead of the 4 planned but I will run a four mile tomorrow and a 8 mile on Saturday to make up for it. Today has been a good day!

WOOW!!! You are no joke!! I am excited to watch your progress...KEEP IT UP, POWERHOUSE.πŸ’«πŸ’₯πŸ’«πŸ’₯πŸ’«πŸ’₯πŸ’«
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    edited May 2019
    In terms of how I did yesterday... giving myself a 5 for being unhealthy and not eating enough. Only 652 Calories consumed. 492 exercise calories (BodyPump followed by Seated Elliptical). Calorie deficit 1.039. Amazingly not feeling hungry. Chia seed pudding and an apple for breakfast. No lunch yet but probably a protein shake.

652 calories?! That's too low, honey...Remember..SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.πŸ₯°
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019

This scale :D:D I will go with 7. I didn't go off meal plan yesterday and I am decently sore from the gym :)

That's a Great day...I'd say that's a 10!
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Good Morning Winners,

So what decision(s) are you making today, that will bring you a step closer to making your dreams come true?!?

I'm choosing to be grateful for all that I currently am and have! It doesn't sound like a big deal, but an attitude of gratitude is very hard for me...but it makes all the difference in the world.😊😊😊

kahc32ahrvxw.jpg
  • Eddie_Ice

WOOW!!! You are no joke!! I am excited to watch your progress...KEEP IT UP, POWERHOUSE.πŸ’«πŸ’₯πŸ’«πŸ’₯πŸ’«πŸ’₯πŸ’«

Stop, you are making me blush lol. Thanks I appreciate the love! What about you how are you holding it down these days?
  • Eddie_Ice

Wow you basically survived off water and air, while that's impressive its super bad for you! I have days like that where I'm just not hungry but its usually tied to me being mad or something. On a completely different topic what's the deal with chia seeds they don't taste like anything but crunch? I bought this bag of them thinking I would add them to a fruit smoothie and after a while I stopped because I got sick of random crunchy feeling in my smoothie. What kind of protein do you take? I just got some ISO-peptide for my post run/workout protein and I want to take it with milk but that will kill the calorie intake. Do you use water?
  • Eddie_Ice

Sore is good, Sore means you put in that work!