What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    60 minute Krav Maga class. Got to experience trying to fight off multiple attackers tonight, very fun!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    FTP test ramp test on TrainerRoad and then an hour long endurance workout (also TrainerRoad). My FTP went way down which is beyond unsurprising. I haven't focused on bike stuff in....8 or 9 months? And there have been months where I haven't touched my bike.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to use swimming as cross training or cycling. Both have their merits. Right now I'm leaning towards cycling, but that could change. Part of that is because I financially have more invested in cycling but also because it tires me out less. Also numbers! So many things to analyze after my rides (I have a power meter)!

I'm honestly really glad that I did the FTP test because it would have been unwise to try to jump into one or two days of TrainerRoad sessions a week at my old FTP. What would have probably happened is that I wouldn't have been able to complete multiple workouts and then I would have relented and done a ramp test. Smarter to just get it out of the way now and have an easier time managing cross training in the immediate future.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Started version 2 of A Workout Routine Beginner, but just dumbbells.

Goblet squats
    Dumbbell bench press
    Seated rows
    Tricep pushdowns
    Calf raises
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    An hour of yoga.
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    It may not be considered a traditional work out, but I just spent a 12 hour night shift working in a busy NICU. I walked about 6000 steps, gave my upper arms a good work out pushing humidicribs around reorganizing babies to make room for a couple of very sick admissions. I never use the lift so my legs got a good workout from using the stairs. This was done while doing the fasting part of a 16/8 intermittent fast. I am home now and feeling pretty good, if tired. Not a bad workout for my rest day!!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    After a 29 day pause from intentional exercise in which I had logged only mowing the grass on one propitious day and doing some automobile maintenance on another, I returned to LISS cardio for 1.25 hr.

That 29th day ago I injured my arm, requiring a large bandage. I chose not to try exercising while that bandage was on me.
  • aokoye
    dmcnur wrote: »
    It may not be considered a traditional work out, but I just spent a 12 hour night shift working in a busy NICU. I walked about 6000 steps, gave my upper arms a good work out pushing humidicribs around reorganizing babies to make room for a couple of very sick admissions. I never use the lift so my legs got a good workout from using the stairs. This was done while doing the fasting part of a 16/8 intermittent fast. I am home now and feeling pretty good, if tired. Not a bad workout for my rest day!!!

Wishing I could click buttons multiple times on this one <3
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    military presses
    curls
    lat pull downs
    deadlifts

too much cardio...approx 2 hours
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Ran 5 km
  • HulkV2
    HulkV2 Posts: 32 Member
    Back and biceps with 30min of cardio. Bout 1hr 45min total oh and abs
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I love my workouts, but they're not much of a text-spectator activity, gotta say.

I rowed about 7K in a double again today, getting back to the dock just as the rain was starting (2 hours earlier than forecast, goshdangit). It's fuzzy baby goose season on the river, which is always nice. :) Ducks will be next. We're not pushing super hard, just doing steady state so far, between my rehabbing knees, and Jeanie's plateau fracture (!). I like to run the ski team's buoy course, if they're not using it: Good steering practice (I'm bow - I steer, going backwards of course). There's also some boat-carrying, every time we do this, our double, plus helping with a rec single this time.

I didn't report my two spin classes earlier in the week - ho-hum unless you're me - let alone the unintentional rest days when the weather refused to be minimally adequate for rowing. Jeez. It's Spring . . . almost Summer. I refuse to use my rowing machine, dadgummit: Not the same!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Saturday

3mile fast (for me run)

Bootcamp

That was the last class of my bootcamp week, just got 2 solo workouts to do now.
  • IJP2019
    IJP2019 Posts: 34 Member
    4 x15 incline press
    4 x12 flat press
    4 x12 decline press
    6 x10 cable crossover
    6 x 10 skull crusher
    8 x 15 laterial raises

b3ag6ea4tdkj.jpg

• jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    60 minute Krav Maga conditioning class. Tons of calisthenics and striking and kicking combinations. Super intense. Loved it!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited May 2019
    @AnnPT77 - not sure it matters to you but I’m an odd-ball and enjoy reading the workouts others post here, particularly the details because it exposes me to how others are going about chasing their fitness, health and wellness goals.

Enjoyed reading your latest share. Keep up your good work.
  • aokoye
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I love my workouts, but they're not much of a text-spectator activity, gotta say.

I rowed about 7K in a double again today, getting back to the dock just as the rain was starting (2 hours earlier than forecast, goshdangit). It's fuzzy baby goose season on the river, which is always nice. :) Ducks will be next. We're not pushing super hard, just doing steady state so far, between my rehabbing knees, and Jeanie's plateau fracture (!). I like to run the ski team's buoy course, if they're not using it: Good steering practice (I'm bow - I steer, going backwards of course). There's also some boat-carrying, every time we do this, our double, plus helping with a rec single this time.

I didn't report my two spin classes earlier in the week - ho-hum unless you're me - let alone the unintentional rest days when the weather refused to be minimally adequate for rowing. Jeez. It's Spring . . . almost Summer. I refuse to use my rowing machine, dadgummit: Not the same!

I don't think your workouts or any more or less of a text-spectator activity than anything else people post. I mean yes I'm biased because I like rowing, but really, it's no different than people posting about the reps, sets, and weight that they lifted or the distance and time that they ran for.
  • aokoye
    An hour and and a half in a double for the first time ever. Most of the time we rowed one at a time while the other was setting the boat, but I'd say the last third of the time we rowed together. Both of us came out dry, our coach deemed it a very successful outing (it was the other person's first time as well - we're doing learn to scull together), and we got a lot of high fives.

I might get on the bike for half an hour because let's be honest, today was all about staying upright and getting strokes in.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    An hour and and a half in a double for the first time ever. Most of the time we rowed one at a time while the other was setting the boat, but I'd say the last third of the time we rowed together. Both of us came out dry, our coach deemed it a very successful outing (it was the other person's first time as well - we're doing learn to scull together), and we got a lot of high fives.

I might get on the bike for half an hour because let's be honest, today was all about staying upright and getting strokes in.

That's just great: Nice work! (I thought you'd do well at this: Pretty manageable if you've sweep rowed competently before; it's easier to set a boat when each person has two oars, vs. one.)

Note to non-rowers who may read: "Set" a boat means stay balanced from side to side. The boats where each person has one oar ("sweep") can lurch a bit from side to side if the rowers have the handles at different heights, or if they put the oar in the water ("catch") or take it out ("release") in a not-perfectly-synchonized way. You're almost completely at the mercy of your boat-mates, not much an individual rower can do if others are not doing the right thing. With two oars per person ("sculling"), you have more ability to keep the boat balanced from side to side and compensate for others' deficiencies.
  • aokoye
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

That's just great: Nice work! (I thought you'd do well at this: Pretty manageable if you've sweep rowed competently before; it's easier to set a boat when each person has two oars, vs. one.)
    Thanks! I honestly really like it so far. I think I like it more than sweep, but time will tell. I definitely got a little anxious when the water wasn't especially flat, but that's no surprise. A double is the smallest boat I've been in so far. It's a safe assumption that I'll get more comfortable the more I row in one, with the goal to eventually be able to competently and confidently row in a single. Also next year the person I was rowing with and I could potentially scull in regionals in our actual age group. It'll probably be one of the only times we'll be able to row in the A category. Actually, we could probably compete in a men's 4x in that category too assuming people are in town. For the non-rowers, masters rowing is grouped by age category, from AA to J. In regattas that don't have separate competitions for each age group, there are handicaps based on the average age of the crew. Additionally, a 4x is a coxless quad - so a boat in which there four people rowing, all of whom have two oars each and no cox to do the steering and make various calls.

It's also amazing how much more I can feel the drive in a double. I can really tell when I'm really pushing with the legs. I definitely had more fun in the quad on Wednesday, but that was by virtue of me feeling more confident. That said, today was a great confidence builder but it was still very fun. I've never laughed so much in a shell. Also pause drills when there are just two people rowing? So effective! For the non-rowers, pause drills are drills that involve pausing at various points in the stroke during various parts of the recovery - so the time when the blade of the oar isn't in the water. They're very helpful for timing, but also for various other things.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    1 x 10 Reps Squats
    10 miles Summit Peak
    1 x 10 Reps Squats

Biking:
    300 in 30: Day 25
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    010|300 Miles - 31:53
    020|300 Miles - 29:19
    030|300 Miles - 29:45
    040|300 Miles - 30:40
    050|300 Miles - 31:12
    060|300 Miles - 30:59
    070|300 Miles - 29:33
    080|300 Miles - 30:34
    090|300 Miles - 29:52
    100|300 Miles - 34:00
    110|300 Miles - 31:53
    120|300 Miles - 30:28
    ----Birthday Break----
    130|300 Miles - 30:36
    140|300 Miles - 32:10
    150|300 Miles - 30:30
    160|300 Miles - 31:47
    170|300 Miles - 29:12
    180|300 Miles - 30:35
    190|300 Miles - 32:38
    200|300 Miles - 30:55
    210|300 Miles - 30:24
    220|300 Miles - 30:53
    230|300 Miles - 31:57
    240|300 Miles - 29:29

Didn't want to ride today. Spent 6 miles on the feet hunting down a dishwasher through many stores, killing my near-term Kayak goals. Ah well. Good workout regardless.