WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    cmsavells wrote: »
    I have had one gout attack. NOT FUN!!! Nothing makes the pain go away! I do fine if I avoid mushrooms.

My daughter went to the gym with me tonight. We had a great time.

Have you tried cherries and cherry juice
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    stunning Machka~ I just threw laundry in dryer and vacuumed.. lots of dirt.. ugh.. waiting on my brother to come get my old kitchen table and chairs, and will bring my stuff out of storage for the summer...my upstairs neighbor is the music director at church and she is upstairs playing the piano, I have my windows open, so I am enjoying the music...slowly getting things in order..
    and remembering all of those who sacrificed for our freedom xoxo
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    @LisaInAR -good job getting weight back down so quickly after surgery. I am losing back the weight from my two hip replacements and was not as diligent as you!

@Machka9 -good news about your husband back on bike. I admire you for doing the right thing for him. I know from my own experience that the "in sickness and in health" is very real and can be taxing-but providing the support and love is what we are supposed to do.

As many have said, so much going on here, impossible to respond to all!

Positive thoughts to those experiencing life's trials. I am storing away your strategies for when I need them.

Happy Saturday to all--off to get something healthy at grocery store.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Katla I know that boat will look fabulous when you are done washing it. <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited May 2019
    Katla: I wish all I had to do was wash our boat. The engine conked out about a month ago, and we haven’t been able to replace it yet

☘️Terri
  • sparkle43
    sparkle43 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi. You can call me Sparkle. I live in Canada. I live in a resort town . I sent Geri Patchwork a email. If she knows how to pick it up from her mail. I have added pictures in here somewhere on my hobbies. Number 58. I finally figured to send pictures. Now the like Woo. hugs. I see people send but is there a way peoples name show who sent them? I will keep trying to comment here. I am doing the my fitnessplan and then seen women ages 50+. I did word one of my intoductions wrong. I think I put 50 but now am 77. So I dont know how to correct it.
  • sparkle43
    sparkle43 wrote: »
    Hi. You can call me Sparkle. I live in Canada. I live in a resort town . I sent Geri Patchwork a email. If she knows how to pick it up from her mail. I have added pictures in here somewhere on my hobbies. Not sure where it went. The Monitors will know. I finally figured to send pictures. Now I loss it. Help. Ha.ha. Now the like Woo. hugs. I see people send but is there a way peoples name show who sent them? I will keep trying to comment here. I am doing the my fitnessplan and then seen women ages 50+. I did word one of my intoductions wrong. I think I put 50 but now am 77. So I dont know how to correct it.

• sparkle43
    I do digitial art anyone else does? My hobby of many things I do. I take a picture that I have taken with my camera. Then make an Imagination theme like Victorian time . As I have here. Lots of fun and relaxation for me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    sparkle43 wrote: »
    I would like to join your group. Right now I am in process of a Rotar cuff but do exercies two which thereapist has given me and a needle to help the pain be less. I have been on the fitnesspal filling out my daily food eating. My dr has been discussing what I eat for me being 77. Long story but I am here.

:) It's never too late to get started on a new way of eating and being active. I've gotten lots of inspiration from reading what is written on this thread. I try out new ideas and read books that are recommended and my life has changed. There are several dancers in my line dance class who are over 80 years old and met each other in a support group started by Hospice. I hope you will keep coming back.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Terri: I am sorry that your boat motor conked out. Is in an outboard motor? If so, buying another to replace the old one makes good sense. :flowerforyou:

Sparkle: I love the landscape photo. The art is cheerful & fun. :star:

I am meeting a friend at the stable to go riding today. The weather is iffy, but we can ride in the arena if it rains or go out in the countryside if it stays dry.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Yesterday I ordered groceries and told caregiver that was all the help we could give, due to the tax bill, did the rest except the phone call.
    Today I will take Tumble to dog group, chip away at the laundry mountain, prep veggies and start the amended tax returns.

It took an hour with TurboTax tech support to download and access all the 2017 detail I needed to find where I made my error. While inputting 1099 information, I mistakenly Xd the “Taxable amount not determined” box. Under reported income affected taxable social security, medical deduction insufficient percentage of income, changed OR and ID income tax due and 2018 Fed and OR taxes since instead of a taxable refund we have to pay... and pay... and pay. Spent an hour holding and another hour listening to IRS tax advocate who was tremendously sympathetic and tried to guide me into the reasons considered acceptable for a waiver of penalty (records destroyed due fire or flood, or lost during a move) but alas none apply. I had the records, I made a mistake. Will review absolutely every possible deduction to try to reduce the liability and interest but am not hopeful. She did say we could make payments and the interest rate on remaining due is better than credit card interest (6%). I'll see if tax payment qualifies for rewards on my bank credit card and if the rewards exceed the 1.96% the processor would charge. Either way, I'm very thankful I've kept a small emergency IRA account. With the roof and dental work this year, I cannot justify taking on any more debt.

Lanette bank couldn't find the paperwork they sent to the IRS? SMH!!! I keep hearing more and more of the benefits of frankincense, glad it's helping your feet.
    Vicki When was the last time you had 3 days off in a row? Hope they are restful, restorative and fun!
    Janet safety first! It would be a terrible graduation gift for your beautiful grand if you and Jack were hurt trying to get there. "Losing weight should be like..." cracked me up too! Would that it were so!
    Heather sprinkled fairy dust and every step an adventure, sounds like you are pretty mindfully present too!
    Rita 3 wildfires and a campground evacuation already? Worrisome weather.
    Michele not having cake. Brava!
    Rebecca Athena Rose has a great guardian sister in Aurora. "maybe she'll laugh..." made me laugh too!
    Julie you're right, I frequently invest too much time in responding when I should be up about and doing (or amending tax returns). Only comment when you can't not. Don't do as I do... ;) Rry to remember Eleanor Roosevelt's advice about feeling "less than..." and rescind the permission. :)
    Machka forgive my bicycle ignorance but what is a fixed gear and why was he able to ride now for the first time?
    KJ "wishing flowers" :love: we used to call the ones that floated still attached in globes "fairies".
    Heather, ditto Machka's "Why?"
    @Machka9 another tip I didn't know, many thanks!
    @Femfleur and @sparkle43 welcome to a great group of compassionate, wise gals. Alas, "Woo" is not a positive "Woo Hoo" but a head shaking, cynical "this is way out there, too good to be true, woo woo".
    Welcome back @patchworkperson / Geri from UK. Has it really already been a year? You can do this, one day, one baby step at a time, and surgery can be a powerful motivator.
    Margaret encouraging news of your DS at last. Waiting to hear from him must have been dreadful. Healing singing, yes!
    Beth sounds like your husband grows in wisdom with yard work ;) 15# kettleball? You go gal!
    Terri brava for daily elbow physio and working steps back from rotten fall. What is GoTs? Wikipedia lists organic textile standards, off the shelf government software and a heavy metal band, but ...
    Rori, ditto what you said to Julie. Intriguing hints about your family's history... ;}

Well, there goes the morning. Time to prep Tumble for dog group and no time to start amending the tax returns. Oops! ;}

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 13/31, 60 g protein 20/31, rx/vits 20/31, meditate 1/31, knee exercises 5/31, SWSY 0/9, play with Tumble 12/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 16/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for May "pause" Thank you Barbie!