Fitness Tracker for Swimming?

2»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    As has more or less been implied, any of the Garmins would likely work well. I personally use a 935 and the only major issues I have are user error when I don't remember how to do things.
  • annspal4
    annspal4 Posts: 8 Member
    I use my Fitbit Flex 2. It still does the job for me so I can’t justify upgrading yet. You might be able to pick one up a used one on eBay?
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Fenix 5X here too.
    Just bought my wife the Fenix 5S Plus 42mm face. She really likes it.
    She is learning how to use it for swimming.
    At 60 she just learned how to swim. Already can swim 2 miles.
    Garmin makes the most rugged of the trackers. Highly versatile.
    We like the hiking track too. Displays the tail maps as you hike and your location.
  • kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    I use apple watch
  • pensylvester
    pensylvester Posts: 2 Member
    I use Apple Watch with My swim Pro app.
  • lms_938
    lms_938 Posts: 11 Member
    I use a Fitbit Flex 2 and I'm happy with it. It auto-recognises swimming so I don't have to turn it on and off manually. It accurately records the time too. With regard to distance, I know roughly how long it takes me to do one length so can calculate roughly how many laps I have done in the time, and I'm happy that it's recording distance pretty accurately.

You do have to manually input the length of the pool. That's a nuisance when I use different local pools of different lengths, but not a major problem. It's relatively inexpensive too.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    I swim laps several times a week, and would love a fitness tracker to monitor my workout. Does anyone use one of the water resistant Fit Bits or another tracker for swimming? I would like one that is compatible with my Android phone. Suggestions and experiences? Thanks!

Personally I'd recommend Garmin devices. Fitbits just don't have the same technical quality.

I use a Forerunner 735XT Triathlon watch.