15-ish lbs in 7-ish weeks?

CaitlinELaird
CaitlinELaird Posts: 106 Member
edited May 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
My title is super descriptive, I know! But I am recovering from a nasty knee injury that had me on crutches and my butt for about four weeks (and depressed as the scale crept up instead of down). I have been cleared for low impact workouts and am curious if anyone thinks it is possible to lose 10-15 lbs in 7 weeks.

Some info on me: I’m a 30 y/o female, 5’9” and currently 168 lbs. I am going from not tracking anything and eating everything to cutting soda, fried/junk foods and sweets, watching my carbs and starches. (Plan to stick between 1,200-1,500 calories a day) I also plan to bike to work 4 days a week (5 miles), hit my 10,000 steps each day, add in some yoga and strength training as well about 4-5 times a week.
The only reason there is a deadline is because my sister is getting married in July, I’m in the wedding and have the dress and it doesn’t fit anymore. I’m just a pinch too big for it and the store of course won’t let me exchange it.
Am I screwed or is it possible?

Replies

• CaitlinELaird
    edited May 2019
    I was figuring that since I am at the high end of my healthy BMI that I can do it. I was on track with the same changes preinjury and was just an idiot during my recovery so the changes are not drastically new to me.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I agree with not overdoing it (both in terms of exercise and attempted weight loss), making sure you get enough protein, and the fact that there's like a large chunk of water weight that you'll gradually lose. It's important to let your body heal at the moment, way more important that losing those 15 pounds (some of which will be lost during that time because of water weight).
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    caitiedid5 wrote: »
    I just mean lots of fruits and veggies, no junk food and excess sweets and plenty of water like I described above.

None of those things on their own have anything to do with weight loss. Weight loss happens when you take in fewer calories than your body burns. You can eat “junk food” and sweets, and you would still lose weight if you were in a calorie deficit. You can also gain weight eating nothing but fruits and vegetables, if you eat more calories than you burn.

Protein and fat are necessary for health. If your diet is mostly fruits and vegetables, then you need to make sure you are getting enough protein and fat.

Drinking more water also does not cause fat loss. It causes you to pee a lot.

“Clean eating” is a vague term that has nothing to do with weight loss (or anything else).
  • CaitlinELaird
    I kind of figured that I could just barely mention changes and not have to go into the nitty gritty. I know what healthy eating is, and I know that ya’ll do too so I figured it was pointless to go through everything. I’m sorry I didn’t though, I would have saved myself some chastising.