Swim suit recommendations

Options
hlr1987
hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for swimsuits that are good for running in (while wearing a sports bra, I'm too heavy up top not be be strapped in). My local parkrun is next to the beach and I'd love to be able to go for a swim after, it was boiling today. I don't know if something like a rash guard, or costume with sleeves would be better? UK based.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Any fitness oriented swim suit should work. You’ll get a bit of hip coverage and most styles should accommodate bra. Check swimoutlet.com. You could also use a tri suit, but they’re probably a bit spendy for what you want. That’s what they’re designed for—swim, bike, and run in same gear.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I love my "the finals" funkies bikinis, but it seems they are only making one pieces now. I ordered a dolfin uglies 2 piece last year. It works fine for a park run/walk before lap swim. I just wear running shorts over the bottoms.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @DancingMoosie, I have Uglies too! Bikinis an suits and love them. They have lasted close to 10yr. Even have a Christmas one with snowmen all over it.

@hlr1987. I was going to suggest a tri-suit too. But as @lorrpb says it can be an expensive investment for the occasional dip.

Consider a swim T-shirt, maybe rash guard like you said, and a pair of swim shorts.
    You may find two pieces more versatile, and easier (more discreet) if you want to change as soon as you get out of the water.

Sorry, no particular UK suggestions.

Cheers, h.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed the UK request.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a Tri suit! Many have built in bust support so you could shop around to find one that does. I think my Zone3 one did.
    Many triathletes or Aquathletes just wear a sports bra under their tri suits for the swim and keep it on for the bike/run.
    You’d be doing it the other way round so even better.
    There’s loads of sources of tri suits, eBay, Amazon, simply swim, Wiggle. The benefit of wiggle is you can order various, try them all on and return those which you’re less keen on for free.