Advice to lose 15 lbs- female, stuck in a weight loss plateau for MONTHS!

Options
So to make a long story short I have a long history of binge eating disorder and have slowly been working on improving my thyroid hormones (was diagnosed with hashimoto's 4 years ago)

I weighed 154lbs at my highest and am now 140 lbs, my goal is less than 130lbs, ideally 125lbs and i am 5'2-5'3". I have been stuck at 140lbs for about 3 months and it seems like no matter what I eat the scale wont budge.

Advice for weigh loss plateu? besides cutting calories and just exercising more (both of which ive done). I eat about 1200-1400 calroies a day (unprocessed and organic mostly) and exercise 3-4 times a week.. since i do not see the scale moving I am losing motivation and eating more cheat meals (I haven't gained weight from this though oddly enough).

Anyone been through similar weight loss issues? What helped you get the scale to budge?

Replies

• jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Up your calories a bit, and weigh everything you put in your mouth. It entirely possible you are eating more than you think, and that’s why you aren’t losing. Also this close to your goal you need to slow your weight loss rate way back, aim for 1lb a week or less or you’ll find yourself hungry all the time and “cheating” more often as your hunger levels overcome your will power.

Those last few lbs are always the hardest.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Can someone post the flow chart?

OP it sounds like you’re eating at maintenance. Establish your current actual intake including “cheats”. Then Cut back 200 cals per day from that and you should lose 0.5 per week. All food weighing and logging needs to be spot on because you’re working with a small margin of error.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Can someone post the flow chart?

OP it sounds like you’re eating at maintenance. Establish your current actual intake including “cheats”. Then Cut back 200 cals per day from that and you should lose 0.5 per week. All food weighing and logging needs to be spot on because you’re working with a small margin of error.

as you wish:

nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,600 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    +1 on eating a higher number of correctly counted calories while aiming for slower loss. Also use weight trend app since process will be very slow. Particularly +1 on a starting point of counting all calories currently eaten including "off plan" eating, and starting from that apply a small reduction.