NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Good Morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - Yes thanks - I knew that - but when I away from the internet (in the caravan), I have something to fall back on

@trooworld - I think the exercise you have been doing may have counteracted the "garbage" you have been eating. Sometimes we just need to get it done and then get back to our healthy lifestyle when the task is done.

Nothing else to report
    Take care

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld So glad you are in. I hope that one of your new neighbors becomes your best friend. It's nice to have someone close to talk with or just take a walk. Plus someone to borrow a cup of sugar if needed. My neighbor across the street who I know really only in passing contacted me yesterday. She said she had made a cake and wanted me to try it but found out I was gone on vacation. I told her to make me another one and I'll supply the coffee when I get back. I wouldn't drive the big truck either.

@trishastime Yes I agree on the "garbage" I'm eating. Although it's not the exercise I'm doing so much as the balancing of the food choices I'm making. Oh and portion control. My dd made quesadillas today and I had a third. That's cause I ate a cream horn. I don't know what you call this in Australia. So as long as I'm maintaining I'm happy. I'll go back to my program when I return home and get my normal routine back. But I'm just not making it a free for all like I've done in past years.

Dh and I took another walk today. One of these days I'll get in a Leslie Sansone DVD.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever, You are doing so awesome! It's all about your determination to not repeat the past that is going to keep you from gaining too much weight. You might even surprise yourself and have a loss when you get back home!

@TrishasTime, my husband is great but I agree that telling him too many details might not be the best way to handle my weight. He did give me back my scales but keeps wanting to know how I'm doing. I just smile and say all is well. :D

@trooworld, Yayyyy you are moved!! :smiley: Soon you will be unpacked and just living life. I'm so happy that you have quiet neighbors. That makes all the difference! I'm sure you will get used to the freeway noise in time. Music during the day and a fan at night will help. :)

Well, last night we had my pastor and his wife over for dinner. I made my famous lasagna roll-ups (aka Pioneer Woman recipe ;) ) garlic bread, roasted garlic and for dessert the most decadent chocolate hazelnut cake (thank you Publix!) and vanilla ice-cream. Yes!! My weight is up this morning and NO I didn't tell hubby how much!! :D I'm back on track today.

Y'all, I was so happy that a couple of days ago my sister contacted me and after seeing my weight loss and hearing about how intermittent fasting is helping me not only with losing weight (most of the time ;) ) and really helping me control my behavior with food, she decided to give it a try and has already lost some weight and is feeling so much better. She is on several medications and is very unhealthy, so I'm really praying this will work for her. She is two years younger and looks at least 10 years older. I'm going to send her the two books that really helped me. Maybe next year when I go back out she will be in better shape so we can do something other than sit in her living room and eat. :)

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all!
    I am sorry I have been away. Life seems to have taken over. With the closing of the office at my church, this has been a very emotional week and my body is showing it. I have not eaten sweets, even though my GS birthday cake and cheesecake sat in my fridge for a few days. However, my body is telling me that I am not where I need to be. It aches all the time, out of breath, etc. I have walked 2 days in a row on my treadmill. So it's a start.

Too much to catch up on, but here is a little of what I can remember. LOL

@trooworld So glad you are moved in and unpacking. Yes I would not have liked to drive a big truck either..especially in CA. :) I am so happy for you guys!

@TrishasTime good job on pulling back and not being stubborn like I probably would have been..LOL you know when to pull back and that way you can continue moving!! It rained here on Tuesday..it's actually been chilly.

@TeresaW1020 My DH knows not to really listen to me when I say..help me to stay out of the PB..he knows I want him to, but I don't want him to..LOL So know I don't tell DH my health...it keeps us married. :) Sounds like a nice dinner for your pastor and his wife. Thank you for doing that.

@theslightedgeforever Yea size 12...pretty soon you and I can exchange clothes. LOL I don't think we have ever liked the same clothes. :) Great job!!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TrishasTime I hope so. One day, I only ate one meal, and that meal was pizza.

@theslightedgeforever Oh that's so very nice of your neighbor! So far, the only neighbors we've met have been men :) . But they've all been very nice. The one man has a wife and kids. There are women living in this complex, but I've not met them yet.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, it does!!! The last complex, some rowdy people started moving in and the vibe shifted and it started to be all young people...we were the old farts that got up too early and ruined the party. ;) Actually, I think the freeway made me sleep better, I got up less during the night. Your dinner sounds like it was fabulous! That's great that your sister is giving it a try.

@cbabie I'm so sorry about the closing of your office. But I'm so proud that you didn't eat sweets, it really must be a habit by now! Thank you, we do have a lot of unpacking to do yet!

Hi all. Well, today I'm going to take a break from unpacking and go get my hair cut and colored. And then I'm going to go clean the old apartment. My knees are shredded, so this will be difficult. I took an Epsom salts bath yesterday and that helped some.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hi @trooworld congratulations on moving in! I know it;s been a whirlwind of work for you. Taking a break sounds like a great idea.

I live right beside a very busy street, it is noisy, but I guess I'm pretty much used to it. Also it is typically quiet like 11-6 or 7am.

Hi @cbabie, sorry about your office closing, sounds like an emotional time. I hope you can do some things for yourself that are kind and restful.

@TeresaW1020 that sounds like a yummy dinner, and that's great you are inspiring your sister! You've done a lot of hard work and people can see it. I hope it works out for her.

@theslightedgeforever I don't know what a cream horn is either though I'm curious. --Oh I just googled it. It looks awesome!

I am dead tired. I went on a hike today, 10km, then I went to the gym. I just did a little bit of upper body work. The hike was nice but it rained and I got soaking wet. I met a guy and he seems nice, but I am really nervous/scared about relationships (long story) so it was nice but scary. I also don't know if I like him just as a friend or what. I've known him a little while, we've done some hikes together. I'm 42 I feel too old for this lol.

On calories for this week. Also have exercised a lot. Thursday with my trainer we did something called German based volume training. A lot of bench presses (10x5) and rows (10x10). I love big lifts (bench press, squat, deadlift) - so it was fun but my arms are still sore. It's supposed to build muscle quickly.
  • TrishasTime
    GM everyone

Nice to hear what you are all up to. I hope @prisoner2food is doing okay.

@its_cleo. Wow - 10km hike and then the gym, I would be de dead - not dead tired :)

@trooworld - This too will pass. Getting in and finishing up with the old unit allows you to concentrate on your new home and future

@cbabie - I am sorry your church office closed - how do they expect to get things organised??? Good for you for not eating sugar. I am hearing you about the body signs

@theslightedgeforever - A cream horn for me is a pastry shaped like an ice cream cone and filled with cream and maybe some fruit?

@TeresaW1020 - It is great when you can a positive influence on someone and encourage them.

Off to the markets this morning

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    @TeresaW1020 I think my dh and mine's relationship on my health journey and the scale is he thinks I'll never get to goal. I guess cause he's seen me take the decades long plan to lose the baby weight. :D He has always been fit but the last couple of years he's getting a beer belly without drinking beer. He quit exercising plus eats off of everyone's plates. I keep telling him about his metabolism slowing down and blah blah blah. He thinks if I'm such an expert I would have conquered my own demons by now. Do as I say not as I do, I tell him. But now I'm doing. Slowly, but doing. I got in a M tank top today without looking like Mrs. Roly Poly. That's great that you are being a good role model for your sister. Would she be interested in our group?

@cbabie you know the old saying when one door closes....... it was only one pair of size 12s. Must have been the label. I tried on another size 12 today and while I did zip them, they emphasized my gut so I went with the 14's on that pair. But better than the 16's I was wearing last year or the 22's I was wearing almost 8 years ago. Yaaay on your treadmill.

@trooworld I think my dh would be the old fart in the complex but I'd be enjoying the party. I don't know what happened to him. Maybe he was always this way and has just got worse. I'm glad you got some good sleep. My dd's apt is right next to three hospitals so it's constant ambulances, police sirens all day and night. She says she's used to them.

@its_cleo I had you pegged as much younger than 42. I have a friend that just started a relationship in her 70s. Never too old. The good thing about being older in starting a relationship is that we don't need all the drama that sometimes happens. Plain and simple, does he make you happy as you are. No changing for him. Nor will he probably change either. Companionship is nice. A hiking buddy is nice. Just see where it goes. Putting the scale aside, are you seeing any changes in your body?

@trishastime Yes, on the cream horn minus the fruit. It's the same thing. I'm logging them and enjoying them. I put them in the freezer so I don't eat them all at one time. So how is the foot? Are you able to get any kind of exercise in? I've been keeping up with my maintenance journal each day. I'm really enjoying the book I'm working out of about emotional eating.

Hi @prisoner2food. Hope all is going well and you are still working your program and not working yourself too much.

What's everyone's Memorial Day plans. Oh I forgot those in Canada and Australia won't be joining us. I'm not doing anything actually. Dh doesn't like the crowds.(I married my father) I will be going to dip my toes in the Atlantic Ocean in Virginia Beach on Tuesday though, I think. Maybe Wednesday. I'd like to be on a picnic somewhere with a nice big group but that's not happening so I'll be sitting in an apartment reading my Kindle or here talking to you all.
  • cbabie
    Morning all.
    I wanted to jump on here quick, want to go get my walk in before church. I ate a piece of pizza last night. I NEVER eat pizza..I know what it does to my body. oh well..seems like my whole way of life has been changing the last few months. I heard a speaker I like say this...What God meant for Moses to be temporary, he made permanent. Meaning, he was in the wilderness and he made his routines, he just made it work, but God meant him to go to the promise land...but Moses's thinking was lets make this work...Not that that is bad, but see the bigger picture. LOL So I am trying to not make my wilderness (emotional changes) permanent.

@TrishasTime I stopped asking myself that question...I am just trying to make it work for today..LOL

@prisoner2food hope all is well in your life!!

@trooworld I live right off the freeway and on the corner of a busy street..so yes I have had to get used to it. When we first bought the house it was not like this. The freeway came later. Just wait until you have your old apt cleaned and you turn in the keys. You will be ready to enjoy your new place of peace.

@its_cleo I am trying...I am going to give myself a facial today! :) great job on the exercise. I used to love those, but bad knees stop me..so now I need to get back to working my arms...they look like my moms..UGH

@theslightedgeforever LOL I used to call those cream puffs...and I could not just stop at one..I won't even buy them. We are doing nothing for Memorial Day. I have to meet someone from the other campus at church, so they can see our keys and drums...but otherwise I am doing nothing. (yes I am like dad) What book are you reading on emotional eating?

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie The Emotional Eating Workbook by Carolyn Coker Ross
  • its_cleo
    @theslightedgeforever well I'm young at heart I guess. I started exercising when I was around 33, but I had a lot of setbacks, so it's been a real gradual process. And I've had help along the way, so that has made a big difference. I'm about a size 12 I think but I can't seem to get below that.

My trainer asked if I wanted to use their body composition scale- it shows %muscle and %fat, he said maybe my muscle has increased, but I don't want to right now.

No Memorial Day here, but we had a long weekend last weekend.

@cbabie given the change in your life I think you;re doing great! I hate change, really struggle with it.

Today I did stairs 100x5 and hill x4. I thought I would show some pictures of the stairs and hill. They are entry points to one of the trails around here. Toronto is full of trails. You can only see part of the stairs. There are a couple of platforms but total steps is 100. Sorry they are so big!

hs4nvhdb6bcc.jpg

This is the hill. You can;t really see how long/steep it is. But it is about equivalent to the stairs, just stretched out at a different point in the trail.

ldhpj03gpnd5.jpg

• trooworld
    @its_cleo Thanks! It has been. The freeway just sounds like a whooosh all the time, kind of like waves, it's sort of relaxing in a way? I've lived next to the freeway before, so it won't take long to get used to it again. I love hiking, unfortunately I never go. You are never too old for love, Cleo!!! ;) You are doing really good with your exercises...keep it up! The pictures: what a beautiful place to exercise! Those stairs and hill looks killer though...wow!

@TrishasTime That's a good point! Onward and upward! ;) Enjoy the markets...I need to do that, too today.

@theslightedgeforever lol...I'm just glad it's not a party central over here at the new complex. I don't know if I could get used to constant sirens like that. Memorial day plans for me: unpacking the condo more while my husband finishes cleaning the old place. I like picnics. I wish I could go on one but too much to do.

@cbabie I think I am sleeping better here at the new place, I think I am waking up less in the middle of the night with less anxiety. Maybe it's that I'm too tired. I can't wait to be done with that old place.

Hello all. I'm so totally overwhelmed by all the boxes to unbox. I guess I'll take it one box at a time. It's getting a little better in here. But every time I go to do something, I run up against an obstacle. For instance, I went to unbox the file cabinet box but I can't do it because I need file folders (I will go get some today). The other day, I was held up by shelf liners. The bedroom: there are bags of clothes that need to be dealt with. It's just too much. I'll get there though. One box at a time. I guess!!!!

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    Hi everyone

@trooworld - I have a question for you "how do you eat an elephant???..... One bite at a time!!! Do one thing at a time and be proud that you have done it. How is your puppy coping with the move?

@cbabie - I am glad you are getting walks in now and have some time for you

@its_cleo - we have a staircase like that here Perth Aus, it is 20 min drive away. Yes, I remember in my 40's doing it all the time. You are never too young to enjoy companionship and let go where it goes.

@theslightedgeforever - Is this an online book or hardcopy? Size 22 to 14 you should be really proud of yourself, no matter how long it takes

We have foundation day here in Perth next weekend. I like @theslightedgeforever DH HATE crowds and therefore will be staying at home (LOL)

Take care

• theslightedgeforever
    @its_cleo What a beautiful place to exercise. That seems so relaxing. I hope to make it to Toronto one of these days.

@trooworld Which piles/room to unpack will make the most difference to look like you are making progress? I moved almost 7 years ago and still haven't unpacked a couple boxes of files. I haven't needed them either so far. I don't throw them because there might be something I need in them. I keep telling myself one day I'll unpack those boxes.

@TrishasTime It's an online book. Only books I read now are on my kindle. What is celebrated on Foundation Day?
    I found out today that I'm a 14 on my lower half but still a 16 on my upper half. I tried on a dress and couldn't get it zipped up. Something else to work towards.

Still maintaining. I have two days left and I'll have finished two weeks.
  • trooworld
    @TrishasTime Good advice, I think I'll take it! It will help when we get rid of some of the empty boxes (I've got someone coming tonight who is taking the boxes and bubble wrap). Our pup is doing surprisingly well, less barking than the other place. He was pacing a lot at first but now he has settled down. He seems to like that there is more room. We all like that. :)

@theslightedgeforever If we finish the living room and the kitchen, I will feel less claustrophobic. If we finish the bedroom, I can actually wear my jewelry. If we tackle the spare room, we can actually walk in there. ;) The living room and kitchen are almost done, as is the bedroom. I am proud of myself: I actually sat down yesterday and organized the file cabinet box, labeled everything and put it away. One box down! I threw a lot of stuff away/shredded a lot of stuff. You can take one box at a time? But there are so many other things to do, I know.

Hi all. We had our first home-cooked meal in our condo last night: slow cooker chicken and dumplings. I chose that because it was easy to make and I knew we liked it. I didn't go to the grocery store for the week yet. Too much to do. I'm just glad to have a home-cooked meal finally!

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie, my church is in the book of Exodus and we can learn a lot of from what Moses did and didn’t do, can’t we? It is hard to see the big picture when you are sitting in the desert, but your faith will help you keep your focus on what He has planned for you. 😊

@its_cleo, what beautiful pictures of where you get to walk! Your legs must look amazing! 😊

@trooworld, growing up I moved at least twice a year and it was always overwhelming to have to start unpacking all the many, many boxes. But my mom, would just tackle one thing at a time and she would say not to worry because the home would soon absorb everything, and she was always right. Just take it one box at a time.

Good morning! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I went to work yesterday for a little while and mostly worked on stuff for the baby shower that I’m finally going to have this Saturday. I have 15 ladies coming plus the little princess. <3 Should be a fun time! After work hubby and I went up to the outlet mall and I bought three new shirts at Dress Barn. It was 98 degrees so we didn’t do much walking around! :o

I’m not weighing in today at WW because since I’m losing my wonderful leader and I’m not super fond of the woman who replaced her, I’ve decided to go tomorrow morning and check out another leader and the people who attend on Wednesdays. Soooo I have one more day to try to get some weight off!! :D
  • cbabie
    Morning all! I got on my treadmill again yesterday..felt good. I am still not eating sweets, but trying to change some other foods..LOL Always working on getting healthier. I saw a little clip yesterday of a woman who became an adoptive parent at age 56 or 57 to a 4 year old and now has 2 of them. She is not married and always wanted to make an impact on a child's life. She was talking about how old she would be when they went to college. So this is another reason why health is very important.

@trooworld You will get this all done and look back in amazement of how quickly it really went. As others have said..one box at a time. I am thinking of cleaning my closet out that way..one shirt at a time. LOL

@its_cleo Oh my what a beautiful place to walk/run. It seems so tranquil. Thank you for the encouragement.

@TeresaW1020 I hope your baby shower is a blessing for you and the new mother/baby. I am sure you will have lots of fun. That's how I "see" you is fun. It's hard when you have to find a leader you like..kind of like a new pastor..LOL You will find one, there are lots of good ones. People with a heart for it...just like you.

@TrishasTime LOL, I think we are all married to the same man..although I don't like crowds either...when your foot heals, you can go take that walk in the greenery!!

@theslightedgeforever I will look up that book. I really am an emotional eater.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    GM everyone

@teresaw2010 - I know your baby shower will go well, you seem to hold the most fun get-togethers. I hope the new leader works out better for you.

@cbabie - You are not alone being an emotional eater, if I only had chocolate in the house last night ;), I would have literally hoovered it in -- lucky for me there was none

@theslightedgeforver - We are all a work in progress and you are doing extremely well. I wish I was at your achievement now. If you are doing all the books on your kindle - how are you writing in the journal - do you do it in a separate notebook?

My ankle still hurts, I try to go for a walk or do a LS video, but it blows up into a ballon - guys it has now been 11 weeks now. I am so over it. I need the exercise to help me not to get so wound up.

• its_cleo
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so glad you're finally able to have the shower! I think it's awesome the baby can come and everyone will get to see her. 98! I'm jealous. It is cold and rainy here. It is supposed to be a cold and rainy summer, unfortunately. My legs are kind of chubby to tell the truth- I just say I have some extra padding. I hope the new WW leader is okay! You've done so well with them, it would be a shame if you lost that support bc of a leader change.

@trooworld yeah one box at a time. I used to unpack the kitchen first- got to eat! That sounds like a great meal. Also remember not everything has to be done perfectly. I focus on functional first. I guess everyone has their strategy.

@TrishasTime I hope you enjoy foundation day.

I'm okay here, still on maintenance calories and doing ok this week. I'm thinking about going on a hiking trip to the Grand Canyon. I wasn't going to go anywhere this year, but I have some vacation time and I don't know what to do. I have always wanted to go and every year I think about it and then put it off. If I go it will likely be August or September. I am choosing between: Option 1: a quick trip, 3-4 days spent hiking in the Canyon itself with a hiking group. Or Option 2: a longer trip and visit some of the other parks in the area.

The big difference is if I choose option 2 everyone is saying I should rent a car, but I haven't driven in years. I live in between 2 subway stations lol so it's always public transit. So I'm a little nervous about driving. Also with option 2, I;m afraid I might get bored/tired. There are a lot of beautiful parks (Bryce, Zion, etc.) but it might be too much for me at once. So I'm thinking about option 1, and then if I like it another summer I can do a longer trip.

Or I may stay home! lol. Still thinking it all through. Take care all!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Another good day on your treadmill. That's great. You'll figure out the eating thing one of these days.

@trishastime I use Penzu website for my journaling. That way I can journal no matter where I am. On my laptop or on my phone if needed. I have different journals for different things. I have a 100 day Journal where I finished my first 100 day book. Then I have a 100 More Day Journal where I started the second. I'll go back to Day 31 when I get home. Then I have a 65 Days of Maintenance Journal where I'm currently writing. Then next year Jan 1, I'll go back and write in my 100 day Journal. Keeping the days aligned so I can see progress. Who knows, maybe a pattern? I can't believe it's been 11 weeks.

@its_cleo I'd pick whichever option is the least amount of stress for you. Vacations are supposed to be about relaxing and no stress. I think I've yet to have a vacation like that. lol I'm always with family it seems. I need to go by myself. ha I have thinner thighs than I used to but now gravity has pulled it all into my calves.

I went over to Virginia Beach today and walked along the ocean. It was nice. Got in a 30 min walk. Then just sat and enjoyed myself watching all the people go by. Thursday I'm headed to DC to see a couple of museums that I missed last year. So lots of steps that day.