Coming off keto

I did keto for 2 weals but it made me so sick that I had to quit. It’s been a little over 1 month since I quit and I still feel so so sick. 6 weeks total. Does anyone knnow anything about this??

Replies

• Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Describe "so sick" ?
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    I guess it's possible you had a run in with keto flu, but if you're still sick after being off keto over a month seeing your doctor is the best course of action. All due respect to the fine folks here an internet diagnosis isn't going to get you proper treatment if something serious is happening. It's possible that something cropped up while doing keto that has nothing to do with keto.
  • marcusjgrose
    marcusjgrose Posts: 16 Member
    whoami67 wrote: »
    Keto can have some serious side effects, even long term ones. See a doctor.

Such as ?
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    whoami67 wrote: »
    Keto can have some serious side effects, even long term ones. See a doctor.

What are you on about? No it doesn't
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Hello OP - I think its time to see a doctor. In the meantime, I would suggest keeping hydrated, eating a balanced diet and trying to make sure you are getting enough sleept for you. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I am going to avoid poking the anti-keto crowd. I think we've all heard of somethng someone or other has heard of happening to someone somewhere else.
  • Oppaloopa
    Oppaloopa Posts: 49 Member
    I did keto for 2 weals but it made me so sick that I had to quit. It’s been a little over 1 month since I quit and I still feel so so sick. 6 weeks total. Does anyone knnow anything about this??
    Yes you really should set up a doctor's appt. You need a complete blood work up. May be thyroid. It is not for everyone.
  • ashlee_hawkins
    ashlee_hawkins Posts: 3 Member
    I did see my dr a couple weeks ago. I’ve had a ton of blood work done. Thyroid, kidney, liver, electrolytes, gluten intolerance...etc...lots. All came back normal. Dr says that she thinks my body is adjusting still and thinks it will pass.

Sick, as in headache, nausea, shaky/tingly, dizzy, extremely sore back and back of neck. My arms are very tired and weak feeling. My thrust hurts like the feeling of having a lump in your throat, but the whole thing. My anxiety is crazy to the point where I can barely move my fingers without getting extremely frustrated and anxious, like when writing or texting. My mouth is extremely dry, I can’t leave the house without bringing a water, sore eyeballs. .....and this is everyday. No exaggeration. It’s been hell.

I’m at a loss and just wondered if anyone’s ever heard of anything like it.

I have another appointment with my dr this week..
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    How / how much are you eating now?
  • ashlee_hawkins
    ashlee_hawkins Posts: 3 Member
    I went back to a regular diet. I try not to overeat though. I’ve always been a carb lover.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    Basic question was whether you're continuing in a (potentially) steep deficit at this time. Sounds like the answer is... no?
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Lyme disease?