I suck at going to the gym alone!

Options
I talk myself out of going all the time because I hate going alone. I don’t know what I’m doing and I feel stupid. So before I cancel my gym membership for the millionth time I’m going to throw this out there. Is there anyone out there that is in the Sacramento, CA area that’d want to go with me? 🙂

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm on the other side of the world, but have you thought of getting a trainer for a short period of time to show you how to do 'stuff' and give you a plan? That way you will know what you're doing and won't feel stupid.

It's worth it :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Please try to push through.. you don't look stupid.. . Anyone who works out at the gym applauds anyone else who is there trying to improve. Don't hinge your fitness success on someone else having to be there with you. Maybe start going to the gym...join a few classes and you may meet a friend there.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    maybe try other sports/physical activity? if you don't like going to the gym there are TONS of other ways to stay active/exercise. Pick one you enjoy and are more likely to keep up for life.

i hate going to the gym. i went for various periods but don't enjoy it. So now I do other things. walk, run, cycle, bootcamp near my house. yoga. I also have weights i can do at home.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I hired a trainer at my gym just for a short time (4 weeks) and ahe created a plan for me that I could then do on my own. By that time she had shown me how to use all the equipment in the gym so I was comfortable with it. I also love the geoup fitness classes...you just hang out in the back and watch what everyone else is doing until you get the hang of it. I love going to the gym alone instead of being dependent on someone else’s availability to go with me.