It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here and even longer since my husband has had hypertension and diabetes. We’ve let the diet go on the wayside and had another hypertension scare - I feel like I’ve forgotten all recipes to cook to help with this.
Mind you he’s a picky eater and I currently have the following list of what he can do/will eat:
- Vegetables with hummus
- Berry fruits and beets - smoothies
- Dark chocolate
- Leafy greens/salads
- Hawaiian Kabobs (pineapple chicken)
- lower sodium foods
- tuna with low salt crackers
- fermented foods (miso careful of salt though; kimchi and sauerkraut)
- zucchini boats
- low sugar carmalized pecans
Things he will not eat: seafood, mushrooms, pasta/breads (limiting carbs), oatmeal, beans, sweet potato.
Any other suggestions?