What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited May 2019
    One-pot creamy Cajun chicken pasta! Sorry the pictures are out of order, but you get the idea. p7m16dae3t3p.jpeg
    ne9nv3umm26p.jpeg
    iaqorpv8wcwd.jpeg
    gxo0wf517s6w.jpeg
    krn71eev6spd.jpeg
    m8wfv7xuoepa.jpeg
    19sz7k7552uo.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Cold starter of carrottes rapees with raisins and pantesca (sicilian salad normally made with tinned mackerel but I substituted lomo de bonito, a spanish salted cured tuna loin). Warm course of linguine carbonara and roast asparagus sprinkled with toasted walnuts.
    4i4n3vkj4abh.jpeg
    cv0q9a8dlca6.jpeg

• SlimmFit
    SlimmFit Posts: 37 Member
    edited May 2019
    khz8x9f6mdtj.jpeg

Mango habanero sausages
    Seasoned Cabbage
    Roasted Spaghetti Squash
    Lemon pepper tilapia
  • ringram1989
    ringram1989 Posts: 14 Member
    Last nights evening meal - Salmon / new potatoes & loadsa vegetables x
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Pita. No pictures, sadly.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Homemade Chinese Chicken and Broccoli with frozen chicken gyoza.
  • acpgee
    Dinner party at my place tomorrow night. I will demo my easiest ever 3 course Italian dinner party menu that involves 30 minutes of cooking time to friends who have to cook for family on holidays.
    Bagna cauda and crudites as a starter is 5 minutes cooking + washing and chopping some veg which can be done in advance.
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/bagna-cauda-2827
    Sauce for spaghetti carbonara takes under 10 minutes and can be made while the pasta is boiling.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/may/10/how-to-cook-perfect-spaghetti-carbonara
    Leftover egg whites generated by carbonara are used to make dutch bitterkoekjes (identical to Italian amaretti except that there is no almond liqueur in the dough of the dutch version). These take 15 minutes to make from scratch including the 10 minutes of baking time. Served with shots of amaretto for dipping the almond macaroons into.
    https://www.24kitchen.nl/recepten/bitterkoekjes
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Keto chicken parmesan over zoodles.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Before coming to work I setup a pot of chili to percolate all day, gonna enjoy it tonight after I get home from a 12-hr shift!
  • acpgee
    I forgot to photograph dessert.
    0zxjupdaq8r3.jpeg
    e5hdp3kmf3do.jpeg

• Losingweightforgood2019
    Losingweightforgood2019 Posts: 171 Member
    I made keto battered fish/shrimp/crabcakes😋
  • acpgee
    I've got a girlfriend coming round to dinner. Szechuan night with ma po tofu, di san xian, szechuan green beans with minced pork. There will be sticky rice.
    ycr80sact3pv.jpeg
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Grilled NY Strip, and grilled zucchini. I also roasted small potatoes, made garlic bread, and a rhubarb cake for the family.
  • acpgee
    Dessert was feloodeh with blue berries and candied lemon peel and fresh rambutan that my dinner guest brought over.
    k42bqluwwo9n.jpg
    5b8683v0ef0a.jpg
  • aokoye
    It appears my current prefered method of cooking chicken is via poaching.

I poached 3 chicken legs in water seasoned with ginger, garlic, a bit of salt, and makrut lime leaves. I also used the liquid it poached in to cook rice (that was a billion times better than last week). It all turned out very tasty and the poaching liquid tastes good as well.
    I'll use the chicken for at least one other recipe this week (tomorrow) as well.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Tiny lamb chops, marinaded in garlic-rosemary-lemon, S&P before pan searing.
    Ate many many tiny chops...
    With:
    - leftover roasted Brussels (OO/S/P, bacon, shaved red onion) done till crispy, served on a pile of baby spinach.
    - Fake chimichurri sauce stuff as dressing/garnish (scraps and stems of green stuff - cilantro, Italian parsley, mint, dill- whizzed with shallot, salt, red wine vinegar)
    - Half of a giant yellow/gold sweet potato, double baked (baked in foil, let cool. Split it and roasted it.) So creamy!
  • thewife22
    thewife22 Posts: 9 Member
    I love seeing photos of meals, presentation and new ideas. Sorry there's no photo from me for last nights dinner will have to start taking them again. We enjoyed homemade chicken and mushroom risotto.
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Chickenwings with veggies (onions, zucchini, bellpeppers, broccoli) with a homemade, sugarfree sweetchili sauce :)wpydn22a4ofz.jpg
  • starsnider
    starsnider Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2019
    wzvnj6x2419b.jpg
    Half pound of shrimp, and steamed broccoli sauteed with butter plus onion and garlic seasoning + salt and paper. With about 1/2 tbsp of shredded colby on top to brown and melt...sooo good.
  • aokoye
    Not a meal but a snack.
    fyvvlg5605g0.jpg
    I attempted to make granola bars and then remembered why a. I used to bake mine when I made last made them with any frequency and b. why things like various syrups are really useful when trying to bind something like granola. They started out as flat rectangles and then once they were chilled I realized that I would need to form them into tight cylinders if I wanted any chance of them staying together.
    Either way, they're 280ish calories each and have around 9 grams of protein. They'll be a useful mid afternoon "I didn't eat enough for lunch!" snack. They have, among other things, almond butter, hazelnuts, and cranberries in them.

Next time I make these there will have to be some major textural changes if I want to keep the calories around the same