Who needs motivated? Well ALL ABOARD THE MOTIVATION TRAIN!!🤩🥰

Replies

• Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Good Morning Winners,

So what decision(s) are you making today, that will bring you a step closer to making your dreams come true?!?

I'm choosing to be grateful for all that I currently am and have! It doesn't sound like a big deal, but an attitude of gratitude is very hard for me...but it makes all the difference in the world.😊😊😊

Going into the Holiday weekend... Going to start it off right by not indulging and getting to the gym before we leave for the cabin :)
  • Eddie_Ice
    Eddie_Ice Posts: 115 Member
    Hey all! Hope everyone is enjoying this weekend and getting after those goals! I went for a run after the gym and it didnt go quite as planned but 5 miles out of 8 aint bad and I will make up for it next week. I'm trying to run 50 miles this month and I'm almost there so I gotta push it out this week. Four more runs this week will give me 50 miles!
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    @Eddie_Ice Regarding previous comment...you are right chia seeds really have no discernible taste, but I think the body appreciates them on a cellular level. Plus they expand in the stomach leading to a feeling of fullness...win! Garden on Life Raw Fit is my goto protein powder. They switched from rice powder to pea powder a few years ago and to me it's not as good, so I've been trying samples of others. I like Olly...good taste but not as much protein. Also SunWarrior.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    @Eddie_Ice : I’m also not a fan of chia seeds. I don’t appreciate the consistency or flavor. Sometimes I feel like the only one! 😂. And awesome work on the running

I’ve been a little sick the past few days so I haven’t been exercising or eating much. I’m doing a better today (just a wicked sore throat!) so I’m tracking my food and maybe will get in a light workout session too.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE ❣
    i59blpk2nrry.jpg
  • Eddie_Ice
    @Eddie_Ice Regarding previous comment...you are right chia seeds really have no discernible taste, but I think the body appreciates them on a cellular level. Plus they expand in the stomach leading to a feeling of fullness...win! Garden on Life Raw Fit is my goto protein powder. They switched from rice powder to pea powder a few years ago and to me it's not as good, so I've been trying samples of others. I like Olly...good taste but not as much protein. Also SunWarrior.

I am going to try to give these seeds a chance simply because I have this whole huge bag now and I hate wasting money. Ive been looking into the protein aspect of this, I feel like it will distort my ability to track how I am doing in the weight department if I'm gaining that much muscle. I think I am going to start just measuring my waist, biceps, thighs and so forth to track if I am gaining and losing in the right places.
  • Eddie_Ice
    @Eddie_Ice : I’m also not a fan of chia seeds. I don’t appreciate the consistency or flavor. Sometimes I feel like the only one! 😂. And awesome work on the running

I’ve been a little sick the past few days so I haven’t been exercising or eating much. I’m doing a better today (just a wicked sore throat!) so I’m tracking my food and maybe will get in a light workout session too.

I hope you've been back on your feet eating well and working out!
  • Eddie_Ice
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE ❣
    i59blpk2nrry.jpg

Amen!
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    @Eddie_Ice : yes, back up and at em. I restarted week 3 of my workout program today and felt good.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019

No no no!!! CHIA SEEDS ARE FANTASTIC...You just have to put them in the right foods...NOT BEVERAGES (WHO EVER DECIDED THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA, MUST HAVE BEEN UNDER THE INFLUENCE)..I LOVE them in cold or hot cereal...mix some into your oatmeal, cream of wheat or just some plain old corn flakes..IF you really want a nice health kick...dont stop at chia...ADD SOME FLAXSEEDS ALSO..YUM!😋😋

HOPE YOURE FEELING BETTER!❣🎈
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Eddie_Ice wrote: »

I am going to try to give these seeds a chance simply because I have this whole huge bag now and I hate wasting money. Ive been looking into the protein aspect of this, I feel like it will distort my ability to track how I am doing in the weight department if I'm gaining that much muscle. I think I am going to start just measuring my waist, biceps, thighs and so forth to track if I am gaining and losing in the right places.

I feel the weight as a measurement of success is truly a last resort...it can be so misleading...so disheartening...I TOTALLY AGREE that body measurements are a much better way to go!⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    edited May 2019
    This is SO me!!! The more down I am, the more ridiculous I behave. I have been pretty sad the last few days and not being able to work out has amplified it by 100× !!!
    my question is..
    HOW TO YOU COPE WITH...HANDLE or HEAL YOUR SADNESS / PAIN ???

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR COPING SKILLS ARE HEALTHY ONE ??

lhy65t6ugwas.jpg
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    This is SO me!!! The more down I am, the more ridiculous I behave. I have been pretty sad the last few days and not being able to work out has amplified it by 100× !!!
    my question is..

lhy65t6ugwas.jpg

I am the master of denial and also use humor. Going to have to go with not so healthy :)
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    my question is..

lhy65t6ugwas.jpg

I am the master of denial and also use humor. Going to have to go with not so healthy :)

Well...our subconscious often uses denial to protect us...sometimes the hurt is too big and too painful...denial has its place in the very short term...hopefully though, we eventually get the strength to face, accept and deal with WHATEVER it is we are hiding from.❣
  • Eddie_Ice
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    my question is..

lhy65t6ugwas.jpg

Depends on the issue really but I tend to compartmentalize and deal with things during periods of "meditation". When I get time to pour a glass of scotch, have a nice cigar and open a book I tend to allow my mind to relax and deal with whatever is bothering me.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    @Eddie..Meditation is Great! It works on so many levels...it truly can calm the mind and sooth the soul..it doent always work for me though..
    ❣⭐
  • Eddie_Ice
    @Eddie..Meditation is Great! It works on so many levels...it truly can calm the mind and sooth the soul..it doent always work for me though..
    ❣⭐

I think its important to have a few methods in our metaphorical toolbox. Like those meditative moments are great but sometimes the only thing that works is that space between mile 2 and 4, laughing at something stupid, or enjoying some recreational cardio. As long as we can recognize these moods and tailor our response appropriately we can at the very least take the edge off.
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    I need motivation! Just posted some pics and starting weight on my profile. Add me as a friend, give me your best estimate of body fat %, and help me stay accountable in shedding this weight!!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Ok, I'll start...IM HUNGRY...REALLY REALLY HUNGRY...BUT I dont want to give in and I wont... but I could use some suggestions on how to make the hunger pains a bit less...well, painful...ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVISE???

There are 2 things that help me with this

1. Protein ... I eat so.ewhat above the recommended protein. On the days I don't, I have issues with hunger
    2. Exercise. Getting up and doing something always helps
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    lesockie wrote: »
    I need motivation! Just posted some pics and starting weight on my profile. Add me as a friend, give me your best estimate of body fat %, and help me stay accountable in shedding this weight!!![/quote
    lesockie wrote: »
    I need motivation! Just posted some pics and starting weight on my profile. Add me as a friend, give me your best estimate of body fat %, and help me stay accountable in shedding this weight!!!

Hi Les,
    Ok great...accountability & motivation to the rescue! lol...but I dont think I'll be guessing your body fat % ..that's kinda dangerous..like guessing someone's age or a women's weight..IT'S JUST NOT A GOOD IDEA..lol😌