Gaining weight for teen girls

Hi my daughter is currently 15 years old and is struggling to gain weight, she is 15 years old , 5’3 and 90 pounds which is underweight. She has a small appetite and exercises 5 days a week running track. We tried high fat food, protein shakes, etc. but nothing works. She also hasn’t had her period yet which is concerning. The dietician isn’t really helping. Please help!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    alshafter wrote: »
    Hi my daughter is currently 15 years old and is struggling to gain weight, she is 15 years old , 5’3 and 90 pounds which is underweight. She has a small appetite and exercises 5 days a week running track. We tried high fat food, protein shakes, etc. but nothing works. She also hasn’t had her period yet which is concerning. The dietician isn’t really helping. Please help!

Are you seeing a doctor with her about her weight and lack of period?

Does her weight bother you or her?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Have you talked about these concerns with her pediatrician?
  • JCoop9
    JCoop9 Posts: 14 Member
    For what it's worth, I was the same way (but 4'11 and 80 pounds) at 15 and totally healthy. Not every girl starts her period before 15, it is perfectly normal, especially for an athlete.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    JCoop9 wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I was the same way (but 4'11 and 80 pounds) at 15 and totally healthy. Not every girl starts her period before 15, it is perfectly normal, especially for an athlete.

You are 4 inches shorter and were only 10lbs lighter.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Why do people post then never come back?

Time difference, work, busy running around after said teenager?
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    First post and last visit both March 14. OP isn’t coming back