LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Lemme know what you decide on and I'll join you! I get most of 'em free with my Amazon Prime :)

I love low cal days because it makes it so much easier to lose and eat what you want on the other days :)

You've got this babe! I hit 161 Monday this week after a rough weekend too and I thought I was out of the 160s for good - but SHOCKINGLY :D Getting back on plan gave me a net loss...so just remember, it's temporaryyyyyyyy <3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Lemme know what you decide on and I'll join you! I get most of 'em free with my Amazon Prime :)
    <3

What's free on prime? fitness videos?
    /runs off to look
    OO I've never thought to look up workout videos on prime lol.

Ok... I have a plan! You can join me if you like, but I'm being a bit ambitious with my first week lol

Monday- Strength training upper body
    Tuesday- Dance cardio (Link)
    Wednesday- Rest
    Thursday- Strength training lower body
    Friday- Dance cardio (Link)
    Saturday- Beginners yoga for flexibility (Link)
    Sunday- Rest

I haven't looked in to specific exercises for the strength days yet. I know I'll be doing dumbbell workouts for upper body/arms and using our little home gym for some of it.
    Lower body day will consist of squats, lunges and again using our home gym for a few exercises.
    I have absolutely NO rhythm at all, BUT I like the idea of more dancy cardio routines so it feels more fun instead of more like working out. I have no coordination though so thankfully it will only be my kids witnessing my flailing around :P lol
    Again... I'm being super ambitious since I am hella out of shape. That 2nd dance cardio day might not be more than just me standing around moving a little if I'm sore. But I'm going to give it a try!
    And the yoga day. I am stiff stiff stiff and flexibility is something I really need more help with.

• mistymeadows2005
    LMFAOOOOOOOO hey I'll give it a shot!!! Somehow I doubt I'll be able to get myself to do that much that often but I'll give 'er a whirl! LOL

Because of the arthritis I have a hard time with yoga (even though I love it) but I can commit to doing SOMETHING on those days either way :flowerforyou:
  • LiLee2018
    LOL... I know it's a lot for just starting out. Not saying I'm going to hit it all 100%. I'm sure a lot of the dance cardio is going to be me just standing swaying b/c "I can't do that sh-t!" lol

I've never really tried yoga before b/c of my crap flexibility and any kind of move that requires you to be on your knees or putting pressure on your wrists have always been a no-go for me. Doesn't matter how much cushion is under me, my knees start hurting like crazy and my wrists start hurting. Hoping with this weight lost that that won't be as much of a problem now. We'll see though.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    LOL... I know it's a lot for just starting out. Not saying I'm going to hit it all 100%. I'm sure a lot of the dance cardio is going to be me just standing swaying b/c "I can't do that sh-t!" lol

I've never really tried yoga before b/c of my crap flexibility and any kind of move that requires you to be on your knees or putting pressure on your wrists have always been a no-go for me. Doesn't matter how much cushion is under me, my knees start hurting like crazy and my wrists start hurting. Hoping with this weight lost that that won't be as much of a problem now. We'll see though.

That's exactly why I can't do yoga unfortunately :ohwell: knees, wrists, and hips :disappointed:

If you find success let me know...I've actually found that my pain levels increased a little as I've lost weight - my doctor is baffled but I'm over trying to figure out why :lol:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Wow, your exercise plan is amazing. Good luck👍 I remember that when I got back into zumba after I stopped zumba-ING for a long time, I couldn't last for 15 mibs😭🤣 But now, am doing much better😁 As for yoga, hopeless in it, too stiff😣
  • LiLee2018
    It sucks that others go through the same difficulties, but also really comforting to know that you're not alone too.

No grocery shopping today. Had a memorial service for grandfather and now waiting impatiently for this crappy slack repairman to show up. Supposed to have showed up within the last hour but hasn't turned up yet and no calls to say he's running late or anything. So tired of this crap.

Trying to pump myself up to start exercising. Not gonna lie .. I'm equal parts excited and dreading it lol.
    Also told my husband I was gonna go on the SF gummy bear diet. Eat whatever I want and a handful of those. Should work right?? Lol 😉
  • LiLee2018
    Ok so technically I didn't cheat today, BUT I did eat half of a seedless watermelon... Or maybe even more than half. And not one of those tiny ones either. I just ate it and wanted more more more.
    I am bloated and I've peed like 5x in the last hour and need to go again but it was so good. So good!! Lol
  • LiLee2018
    Nevermind. Having some alcohol tonight and it's hitting me HARD already. That is one good thing about keto. Alcohol affects you SO much quicker. Ok need to get before I start drunk posting and telling everyone I love them lol 😉
  • jadepearl
    Watermelon? I love this fruit. However, I cannot eat a lot of it as I has a lax effect on me. Does it gives you the lax effect too? Doesn't matter if you drunk post..we love you too :)
  • LiLee2018
    Aww, I love you guys too. You're all awesome!
    I did have a poop or 2 after I ate the watermelon. I was mostly just bloated like crazy from eating so much of it.

Alrighty, OMAD was the plan but hangover had other ideas in mind. I had to eat something to settle my stomach. I only made it until 11:30 before breaking my fast.
    Oh well.
    I did exercise though. I was determined to do anything even though physically I was feeling like crap.
    Figured I could take it easy but I was going to do something as planned.

Today is upper body strength.

I did bicep curls with 5lb weights. Overhead triceps with 3lbs. Swimmers press with 3lbs. Seated bench press on the first weight which I think is 10lbs.
    I did 3 sets each exercise between 10-15 reps.

Could have done more but just starting out again, I didn't want to do so much that it would make me super sore for the next week lol.
    I do think I need to get heavier weights for my bicep curls. Lifting up my kids all these years has given me a little bit of mommy muscles. I think the next weight up is 8lb dumbbells.
  • LiLee2018
    Dinner was at inlaws tonight and it was steak with salad and I had a teeny tiny taste of home pineapple cake.
    I broke fast with a coffee and then had 3 eggs with ham cube and hot sauce. Really wasn't hungry but it helped with my hangover nausea.
  • jadepearl
    Good to hear that you went to do your big business after eating watermelon :) Great job on your workout :+1:
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty, so exercising didn't go quite as planned today lol.
    Was supposed to be dance cardio... and I did all of 5 mins of it before giving up.
    I greatly underestimated my lack of rhythm! lol I was just standing there trying and not doing much of anything so I decided to just stop. I'll try it again sometime down the road, but I'll have to figure something else out in the meantime.
    So instead, I did 3 sets of 15 rep bicep curls w/ 5lb weights.
    And 3 sets of level 3 10 reps leg extensions on my home gym.
    I probably should have done more, but at that point I was so deflated at my lack of dance skills that it's a miracle that I did anything lol.
    SIGH!

I also weighed myself (169.8) and took some measurements. Weight is still up quite a bit. It's not surprising but it is hella frustrating. SO dang easy to gain weight (even if it's not all fat), and takes SO long to get it back off.
    Oh well... gotta keep pushing forward!

Dinner tonight is going to be a big a-s salad with hard boiled egg, ham cubes, broccoli, romaine lettuce, maybe some leftover steak or pork. Maybe some cheese too. I dunno but I'm looking forward to it! Been craving more salad recently. Also bought a bleu cheese dressing. I don't normally like bleu cheese since the idea of it kinda grosses me out, but decided to try it out b/c it sounded good lol.

And finally... fast will be a little longer today. Have a dentist appointment (cleaning) today and meh... I can wait an hour or so longer to eat. I usually get an earful of the hygienists stomach growling in my ear, maybe my stomach will talk back lol.
  • jadepearl
    Don't be so hard on yourself ❤️ If you are not into cardio, then switch to something else. Great work on your weights exercises 👍 I hear ya on gaining weight as I too gain weight very fast but takes ages to loose it. 🙄
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah, I'm thinking cardio just isn't going to be for me. I hate it so much. Or well... I hate everything I've tried. Maybe I'll find something one day.
    I would love to bicycle around the neighborhood, but I have 2 toddlers that wouldn't be able to keep up with me AND drivers here are AWFUL and there is always news of hit & runs on the news so I'd be paranoid. Nevermind the dang heat too.
    I'll find something cardio related one day, but in the meantime... meh.

My arms are getting sore though. Right around my elbows so not sure if I'm overextending or if it's just the muscles freaking out b/c I'm using them ;) lol
    My quads are also getting sore.
    I do actually like lifting, but for now only with dumbbells and our little home gym. Maybe one day I'll get in to the heavier stuff, but for now.. nice and light! lol
    I should take photos of my arms and then do progress pics of them to see if I get some good guns or not ;) lol

Anywho...

Broke fast at 5 tonight after getting home from dental appointment (I have a new cavity, yay :\ )
    I made a romaine lettuce salad with yellow onion, cherry tomatoes, pimento cheese, broccoli, cucumber, leftover steak, 3 hard boiled eggs, cubed ham, bleu cheese dressing then a little caesar dressing.
    Also fixed a cup of coffee after w/ half and half, monk fruit.

Bleu cheese dressing was disappointing. I was hoping for cheesy flavor, but it just made my salad taste like it was flavored with dirt. Weird. Oh well.. it was less than $2 so not a big loss throwing it out.

That leftover steak from yesterday was so good though. I like pan fried, but the flavor a charcoal grilled steak has is just... YUM.

Total calories... about 1400-1500
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I had steak for like two days of the last two weeks now...man, I didn't realize I had sooo missed it...even charred and overcooked!
  • LiLee2018
    Yup... steak is pretty delicious. I do sometimes get bored of it, but now that I seem to be more keto instead of carnivore... I've been enjoying every steak day we have lol.

Looked up more beginner info on weight training last night and I think next week, I'm going to just drop cardio and focus on weight training.
    I've found a couple of really simple programs to start with. Still some difficult moves, but claims to help build strength.
    We'll see I guess. Going to look up more info on it and pick something out.
    Looking forward to getting stronger and hopefully getting out of the 160's once and for all! lol
    Been stuck in the upper 160's b/c of all these cheats one after the other. Hopefully with exercise, any future cheats won't take as long to get through.

Rest day today and OMADing. I REALLY want a coffee though. SIGH.......
  • LiLee2018
    I was a little hesitant to say I dropped cardio, but the more I look in to it, the more it seems like the right decision and the way to go to get the body I want.
    I found this video that I thought was really entertaining and informative.
    LINKLINK

Now to find the right workouts to do though. I mean.. I'm sure there has to be better things to do than bicep curls and the super basic things I know. It's so difficult sifting through all of the a-holes that don't really know what they're doing though.
  • LiLee2018
    OMAD today as a success thankfully. Broke my fast with a coffee and some spicy pork rinds.
    Then had myself a leftover pork burrito in a low carb tortilla shell with romaine lettuce, jalapeno pimento cheese and some hot sauce.
    I also had a big salad with romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, 2 hard boiled eggs, ham cubes, wishbone creamy caesar dressing (then a little bit of ranch b/c I wanted more dressing), and more leftover pork.

Total calories about 1300-1400.
    I'd really like another cup of coffee but it's already 5:30. A bit too late to drink more caffeine. Boo :(

I'm also NOT clean fasting right now. Drinking diet soda during my fasting window.

Overall a pretty good day. Getting more excited to really start putting in more work in to weight lifting. I'm never going to be one of those big lifters or anything that can lift up like twice or more of my weight lol, but I just want to get stronger and be able to show off some nice guns in a sleeveless top.
    My ultimate goal reward to myself is to get a sleeve tattoo.
    I want to get my children's Chinese zodiacs. My daughter is the dragon, 1st son is a ram, and my youngest boy is a monkey :)
    I want cutesy versions of those on my arm.. and maybe something else relating to them.. like their birth month flower or something I dunno.
    Need some nice arms to be able to show off a new tatt ;) lol

I will say... my head has NOT been with OMAD lately and while today and yesterday were successes... I really struggled with myself. I had to keep reminding myself that I could wait to have a cup of coffee. I SO wanted one.
    I'm gonna keep it up though. Just like with exercise, I want to get back in to OMADing more regularly bc I know it has helped me.
    Just have to stay strong!