WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Welcome Red. :D I am 69 and there are quite a few oldies here. :p

Dancing was fun this evening. Quite a lot of new people. I think DH is finally getting the hang of it, but he doesn't recognise how far he's come.
    I was just plucking up the courage to ask one of the other couples if they wanted to meet up for a drink outside the class sometime when they announced they were going to America for 4 weeks. Oh well. They are two women and one of them (Polish origin) takes the 'lead' role so I get to dance with her and DH dances with her partner. They seem very nice and friendly. I would like to make some friends in Hove.
    There is also a Norwegian guy I like, but it's more difficult asking a lone man. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• cityjaneLondon
    (((HUGS))) NYKAREN. :|:#:/

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    I ordered a cropped cardigan yesterday as I had 30% off one of my favourite brands. It's in a hot rose pink colour. I have a long black jersey dress I bought last year, sleeveless, v neck, with slits up the side, which I haven't worn yet, maybe because I don't like my arms. This little 'cardi' will be great with it. I did check first whether I had any money in my account! :o:D
    I have another black shelf bra top that would suit it too, so I'm hoping it's a good investment. I don't often buy clothes. I have fewer clothes in my wardrobe than anyone I know! What I do buy lasts for ages. DH has loads more clothes than me.

Tonight we think we'll go to the Paris House for live music. It's free. The group who are playing are called the Tractor Factor. I looked them up and they are World Jazz Fusion. :o:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ☘️
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Challenging day at work :'(:/ will carry on, but big, sad changes are coming soon. Will take a deep breath and look for ways to flip the script (thanks, KJ)

NYKAREN

Hang in there! 💕💖💕
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Today's surprise riddle with Biblical reference
    How are home repair contractors like the kingdom of God? "But concerning that day and hour [when it cometh] no one knows, not even the angels of heaven..." Matt 24:36
    Yep, there I was in bathrobe with unbrushed teeth and uncombed hair when Surprise! The crew we were expecting between 9-9:30 last Thursday arrived!
    Another reason I've got to get out of the laze-around-in-bathrobe habit!
    Moving plants to the greenhouse postponed 'til this weekend. Thinned the mustards and radishes, transplanted one tomato into a larger pot, hilled up some compost around the potatoes, corrected and distributed firehouse minutes and tried to coordinate some info exchange between chief and accountant. Different communication styles makes effective exchanges difficult. Only time will tell if successful.

OK dear gardeners, please give me sowing tips. I really hate thinning, feels so cruel (even though it made a nice bowl of micro greens for tonight' salad). Any favorite sowing tricks/gadgets to help space seeds/minimize thinning?

Lanette
    you put your finger right on it. Box 7 in 1099R showed "7" not "G". FA is working on proof of rollover/deposit. Meanwhile I'll approach 1099 issuer to learn how quickly we can get corrected.
    Machka "feels like -.3 C..." and you haven't yet put on your winter coat? Brrr.
    Lisa "and he will try not to bug me, but he's a guy." Made me laugh out loud. I had to kick Joe out of the house while trying to figure out our recent tax problem. He kept coming into the office and trying to cheer me up with little jokes etc. Made me crazy!!!
    Welcome Red from MN!
    KJ, Beth, Vickie et al, so admire all you lawn mowin' gals!
    Oh Vickie what a cruel thing!
    NYKaren ((hugs)) were the big sad changes expected?
    Heather that hot rose pink shrug sounds just like you. Look forward to pics.

Joe surprised me with a camping trip, but now we're not sure if the construction crew will be back tomorrow or not for another 4-5 days. Fortunately we agree that having the crew finish is more important than the $$ deposited to reserve the camping space. If we do go, I'll be interested to see if my phone maintains connection with mfp for logged in streak days. Doubtful there will be wifi, maybe not even cell service.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 15/31, 60 g protein 23/31, rx/vits 23/31, meditate 1/31, knee exercises 5/31, SWSY 0/9, play with Tumble 14/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 19/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for May "pause" Thank you Barbie!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Morning my dears~
    I am up and having my tea.. slept with the window open a crack and my voice is a bit horse... oh well..
    today I have off from wokr , but work the next 3.. Dr has 2 interviews today...they are younger girls that don't have experience in the dental field,, so we shall see... I think he much prefers for Mary and I to hold the fort down and not have to pay someone else too..
    while the hours are ok, I dont enjoy working every Saterday..
    nothing super exciting going on in my world but thats ok with me
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    NYKAREN (((Hugs)))
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,284 Member
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Barbara if you have left over small growing pots or trays you could transplant some of your thinnings into to those and have some spares if some of your in ground die out or give to other gardeners who might be able to use them.

I have to thin my morning glory crop. There are just too many of them for the plants that are left to be successful if I leave them all. They also come up in unwanted spots. I don't try to save them. Planting zinnia seeds I do pot up and move around the ones I thin. It is hard to thin but I remind myself if I want healthy plants it is necessary. Plants need room to grow.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    thank you everyone for the hugs and support. Still just taking things one bit at a time.

NYKAREN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :) Someone recommended the book "The Year of Living Danishly". I am reading it right now and loving every word of it. I am reading it on the Kindle app on my phone so when I get to an occasional British word that I don't understand, I can look the word up to see what it means.

1031910m5uhc2jyfc.gif Barbie from NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    edited May 2019
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today's surprise riddle with Biblical reference
    How are home repair contractors like the kingdom of God? "But concerning that day and hour [when it cometh] no one knows, not even the angels of heaven..." Matt 24:36

roflmao.gif

:) I read a murder mystery awhile ago where the victim was a contractor and when the question was asked about who had a motive to murder him, it appeared that every client he had could be on that list.