Women 200lb+, Let's Slay This May!!!

Replies

• rvfamilyfour
    rvfamilyfour Posts: 26 Member
    Hey everyone-
    Just found this group and I look forward to reading the entries. I find it so important to have support and find inspiration.

May is almost over but I did set some goals for myself:
    1) Add more exercise to my weekly plan. I was going to swim aerobics once a week and working out at home the rest of the time. So for May I added a second water aerobics class and next week I am starting a Stretch and Strength class. I still walk the dog, use the elliptical and do yoga at home.
    2) Work on lowering my carb intake. I was diagnosed with diabetes in April and I met with a dietitian. When I first found out how many carbs I was able to eat per meal, I thought 'there is no way'. Now, a month later, I am finding ways to lower my carbs and my cravings have decreased dramatically.
    3) Set aside more time for me. I have worked hard, taken care of the kids, the family, etc. Didn't focus much on myself. Since I was diagnosed I have decided that it is time for me! No guilt allowed (that has been hard for me though). This week I actually treated my self to a 90 minute anti-again facial. It was wonderful.
    4) I know losing weight is important but I want to focus on how I feel, how my body feels rather than focusing on just the numbers. So I have decided to only weigh myself once a month.

Now I have to decided what my June goals will be.

Everyone keep up the good work. I know it is hard but look how many people are in the same boat. We've got this!

Lisa
  • fayley272
    fayley272 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Lisa I’m new and my first reply!
    Good job on the hard work and well done!
    I’m going to get on the scales thus week after over a week of hols and no exercise but will use this forum to get back on track, hopefully we can all support each other!
    Faye
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    HAHA, I DID IT!! 500 SQUATS!!
    I even have proof! I know the score is dismal but I was less concerned about points than just finishing.

ult2jsg9iuk8.png
  • Height: 5'2"
    SW: 215
    CW: 209.6 (down 5.4lbs this week!)
    GW 1: 199
    GW 2: 150

I made my goal of 5 days this week of walking on the treadmill (actually am gonna go for 30min+ here in a a little while to make it 6/7 days this week).

I've kept close to the 96oz water everyday this week. I've been off work since Thursday and I tend not to do well when I'm home all day.

Snacking, I haven't done so well with. While I did log everything I've ate and managed to stay within my allotment for the day, I've snacked way too much these last 4 days.

I'm not sure what goals I should set this week. We're taking the kids to Disneyland Tuesday thru Friday, and while I know there is going to be a lot of walking, there may also be a lot of food. Luckily the hotel we are staying at has free breakfast, and we've stayed there before so I know what to expect to eat.

Goals: Use treadmill 3-4/7 days this week (can use treadmill before we leave, depending on the time we leave). Log all foods as best as possible. Keep up on drinking water. Try not to gain too much while gone.

Keep it up everybody!
  • ilovekiwis
    ilovekiwis Posts: 17 Member
    Age - 26
    Height - 5' 3"
    SW: 265
    CW: 226 (+2 from last week)
    GW: 130

Well, that sure didn't go as planned. It's the month of my college exams and I'm preparing to fly across the country this week for a family reunion. No wonder I've found myself stress binging.

No weight loss this week and I put back on the 2lbs lost the previous week. So now I'm back at my plateau point again. But do we throw in the towel because of a dissapointing week? Goodness no!

Short term goals: Stay within my calorie goal (1300+exercise), be active daily, eat 3 regular well-rounded meals daily. Don't let my family stuff my silly at the reunion!

It's going to be another hectic one, but I'll give it my best. Thanks for the inspiration everyone :~)

• cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    I have to admit today was not a healthy food day! My mom wanted bratwurst for a Memorial Day picnic. My mom has been sick, so what my 80 year old mama wants; mama gets!

Just pick it up where I left off tomorrow!!
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Can’t believe May is almost at an end, not achieved my goals scale wise but think my head is in a better place have lost a 1lb this week so going in the right direction at last good luck all and see you in June
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Last week in May! Are we continuing this group into June and beyond? I hope so...

SW (5/13) : 229
    CW : 223.2
    GW 1: 199
    GW 2: 185
    GW 3: 173

Well the week started out pretty good . I did a 5k yesterday, and darn near passed out in the 90 degree heat. Anyhow. Goals 1) Increase NEAT by incorporating activities thru my work day 2) stick to my workouts 3) stay within calorie limits 4) Drink my water (128 ounces) 5) Try to stay positive and focused! :smiley:
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Just checking in. Hi all! :) Weight has been at a standstill but Ive also been eating over my calories due to stress. And this weekend was crappy due to the holiday eating. Plus I have cramps and Im cranky so I came to work and ate a GF almond brownie for as breakfast. Back on track for lunch, salad it is! I also really need to start doing some HIIT or weights, something more than just treadmill walking. :disappointed:
  • HyacinthBucketFan
    HyacinthBucketFan Posts: 5 Member
    HI eveyone. I'm new to my fitness pal communities. I've always done it solo, but now I feel like I need a lot of support because I'm feeling depressed about my weight. I don't know how to join this forum- if anyone can help me out?

Here are my stats:

SW: 225
    CW: 219
    GW: 120

Weekly goals for May:
    No more than 50g of carbs= 7x
    Excercise 30 min per day = 5x
    Drink 14oz x 6 of water= 7x
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Welcome to all the newbies! I think we are a fun bunch! Some of us have been at it a while; some are returning; some are brand new! Hang in there everybody!

@MollMoll821 I was just treadmill walking, and it seemed like I was stalling. So I started adding the elliptical. Currently I do 12 minutes on the treadmill, 5 on the elliptical, 12 on the treadmill, 5 more on the elliptical, and finish out with 12 on the treadmill. I feel really good about this combination. I've only been doing it a week, but I think I will see results on my weekly weigh-in on Friday (and also the last weigh-in of May).

Connie in KY
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 350 Member
    Hello, everyone! It's the last week of May!

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all the women who have done their best to stick with their goals this month.

I've started a new group called "Women 200lb+, Let's Step It Up in June."

Feel free to post there now, or wait till next week. Either way, see you in June!
  • debbiemcgu
    debbiemcgu Posts: 23 Member
    Hello, everyone! It's the last week of May!

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all the women who have done their best to stick with their goals this month.

I've started a new group called "Women 200lb+, Let's Step It Up in June."

Feel free to post there now, or wait till next week. Either way, see you in June!

Thank you! Looking forward to June with all of you!

• ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 170 Member
    Just had to share on this last day of May! I worked really hard this month to make my goal to be under 200 and I've just squeaked under today at 198.8:) I know the accountability of this monthly challenge, along with my MFP friend's support has helped me reach that goal. Thank you and onwards to another month of goal-making for us all!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    May Close Out

~ Well I didn't gain, that's a plus, I lost about 1 lbs (on the upper range). I didn't reach my weight goals, but I think I'm only now this week getting back into a regular body cycle/rhythm after my April surgery, so I won't beat myself up. Just staying the course and logging. My upward range has gone down, my clothing are looser this month. I'm firmly in a size XL/L 16 (down from 20-22 in Nov) and getting rid of clothes that are way too big. Face is looking clearer - better skin tone. I was able to bowl 3 games (increased strength now - that's a huge win). Tailbone pain is reduced (using acupuncture).

SW 242
    CW 203-206
    GW1 190
    GW2 175
    GW3 160

Onward into June!!!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Just had to share on this last day of May! I worked really hard this month to make my goal to be under 200 and I've just squeaked under today at 198.8:) I know the accountability of this monthly challenge, along with my MFP friend's support has helped me reach that goal. Thank you and onwards to another month of goal-making for us all!

Whoo hoo - Fantastic win.